[Post New]by Protea on Nov 17, 08 1:18 PM
Wonder if the will get it?

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Grubby Games releases My Tribe!

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 17, 08 3:51 PM
Sounds great, like Virtual Villagers but with more scope to be creative. Love the idea that you won't be restricted to one island and 40 potion recipes to find. Hope you don't have to accumulate quite so many 'tech' points as VV though. LOL.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Nov 18, 08 3:05 PM
Bumping this up out of the depths of the Pond for those fishies that may have missed it the first go-around.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Bomber12
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Bomber12 on Nov 27, 08 1:10 PM
I downloaded this from Grubbygames,com and used the demo time no probs, this game released today by bfg and i get 6mins of trial and it crashes, i then re load and get a further 6 mins before it crashes, ive upgraded my direct x and all other tech stuff and still cant get past 6 mins at a time, i loved vv 1,2,and 3 bought them all, also escape from paradise, so this was the perfect game for me, any suggestions as im getting frustrated.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 27, 08 1:14 PM
Bought it from today, so far I am liking it in that it is Virtual Villagers with loads of islands. Not come across any timer either.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Nov 27, 08 1:36 PM
Bomber12, I am having the same problem. Tried everything I can think of but still no luck, I have emailed Tech support so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I can let you know what they say if you like?
xx

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 27, 08 4:22 PM
Forgot to tell you the best part. Boy and girl enter hut, make emerge with.................wait for it..................... AN INSTANT TODDLER....... no waiting 2 years as in VV. I bet some of you wish you could do (or could have done) that in real life. LOL. So therefore there is no losing a key worker through pregnancy as the mother comes out of the hut and goes straight back to work, got to those women, stiff upper lip and all that.

cyndisa
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by cyndisa on Nov 27, 08 5:06 PM
I'm having the same problem as Bomber12 and bedheadkg, except that I only get about 15 secs of game, and then it shuts down. I'll be getting in touch with support, too.

Edited on 11/27/2008 at 5:06:18 PM PST

lovesunrises
Flounder
Flounder
2,058 Posts

[Post New]by lovesunrises on Nov 27, 08 5:42 PM
Hi,

I love this game.

I'm having no tech issues.

You may try temporarily shutting down your security programs that constantly run in the background. Running processes that are running while downloading and installing anything especially games will totally mess up the game.

MAKE SURE TO TURN YOUR SECURITY PROGRAMS BACK ON IMMEDIATELY AFTER DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING.

Whenever I have a tech issue with a game it is because of running processes that I forget to exit during the process of downloading and installing a game.

Hope this helps.

Peace and Good Will.

Lovesunrises

msmouser
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by msmouser on Nov 27, 08 6:37 PM
I bought the game and have played for 5 hours and had no problems. Then in the last 20 minutes the game has closed on its own 4 times. Usually right after a falling star hits. I do not have anything else open or running on my computer. I even tried to shut down my security system and it still continued to happen. Any suggestions?

lovesunrises
Flounder
Flounder
2,058 Posts

[Post New]by lovesunrises on Nov 27, 08 6:58 PM
msmouser wrote:I bought the game and have played for 5 hours and had no problems. Then in the last 20 minutes the game has closed on its own 4 times. Usually right after a falling star hits. I do not have anything else open or running on my computer. I even tried to shut down my security system and it still continued to happen. Any suggestions?

msmouser did you exit these running processes while downloading and installing the game? If not remove the game through the Big Fish game console (trash can) and re-install using your purchase history install button and make sure you disable any running processes as in security programs while you download and re-install.

If this doesn't help then you will probably need to get in touch with Big Fish tech support. Big fish support is the best and if there is a technical issue with the game they will submit a new build with the fix applied. I see where a lot of people are having issues with the game.

I hope my idea works for you.

Don't be concerned if it doesn't help because Big Fish technical support will help you indeed.

Happy gaming.

Peace and Well Wishes,

Lovesunrises

lovesunrises
Flounder
Flounder
2,058 Posts

[Post New]by lovesunrises on Nov 27, 08 7:36 PM
PLEASE BE AWARE.

If you do uninstall your game and re-install there is a good chance you will lose all your game progression.

msmouser
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by msmouser on Nov 27, 08 7:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I unistalled, turned everything off, reinstalled and still have the same problem everytime a shooting star lands. I guess I have to try tech support.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Nov 28, 08 7:59 AM
Thanks for the suggestion lovesunrises, I tried disabling all my antivirus and security stuff and then reinstalling but it still didn't work I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait on a reply from tech support! Wouldn't mind but I have this months game credit burning a hole in my virtual pocket!!
xx

Bomber12
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Bomber12 on Nov 28, 08 8:11 AM
same as me bedheadkg, infact i bought an additional credit just for this game cos i played the demo from grubby games, saw this one as a new release from Bfg yesterday bought a credit, tried to play trial and cant get past 5 mins playing time.

Have also emailed tech guys but not holding breath for a reply, i had to email them about something else a few weeks back and still waiting for reply.

Ryan_Clark
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Ryan_Clark on Nov 28, 08 9:55 AM
Hi folks! This is Ryan Clark; the programmer of My Tribe.

If you're having crash problems, can you tell me what your sound volume is set to? We had an issue in an earlier version of the game where it could crash if your volume was all the way down to zero. Try moving it up a TINY bit, to see if that helps.

We're working on an updated build to solve this, and other problems. Thanks!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Nov 28, 08 9:58 AM
Welcome to the Pond, Ryan_Clark. I'm so glad you swam in to address some of the concerns about your game. That totally rocks and say's something about your integrity and the game itself.

Ryan_Clark
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Ryan_Clark on Nov 28, 08 10:09 AM
Happy to be here! Just want to make sure that everyone enjoys the game! Technical problems are no fun.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Nov 28, 08 11:26 AM
Hurray!! Turning the sound volume up a bit worked!! Thank you Ryan, am off now to spend my game credit and get stuck in properly!!
xx

sandy99265
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sandy99265 on Nov 28, 08 1:25 PM
I'm so thrilled about "My Tribe"!!! I have all 3 VV games and didn't like some of the little tricks one had to figure out in order to get to a new level within the game. This game is GREAT!!! And I love the fact that the game programmer came on board to see how we were doing with it. Thanks so much Ryan for this great "play." I like it better than VV so far. Like the fact that there are more possible islands, different challenges to the game (and not everyone has the same challenge). Bought it this morning - didn't have any unused credits so bought a credit just for this game. No issues with it I'm thankful to say, but think it is wonderful of Ryan (game programmer) to come on board and give a clue as to fixing it.

Thanks Ryan, Grubby Games, and BFG!!!

Go to: