Post if you'vegot 'em

Edited on 10/10/2010 at 6:24:12 AM PST

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:DD Comments and reviews

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Oct 10, 10 6:49 AM
is it me, or is this game just a bit boring? nothing really wrong with it but nothing really great about it either. I am bored after 25 minutes of my free demo hour

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Oct 10, 10 6:51 AM
This is a really good example of lazy developers. Take a jungle scene, have the player find a bunch of items. Same scene have them find diary pages, same scene give clues by shadow. Maybe throw in an easy puzzle once in a while.

I very nearly finished the game in the one hour. Longest hour of my life i think. I kept wondering why i continued. I do have better games i could be playing.

Well, anyway, if you have an abundance of money (i know 2.99 isn't much) and you want to throw it and about 90 minutes away, by all means buy this game.

For me it's . I'm off to play a good game now.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 10, 10 6:55 AM
Totally agree. Absolutely dire. And there are games that I think - OK I'll wait till the daily deal. But not this one.

wunder
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by wunder on Oct 10, 10 7:14 AM
Graphics pretty good, ****'s too easy to find, each level has same puzzles (find 20 of some object, find the difference), and sometimes a completely new puzzle, 5 hints per screen but you will very seldom need. Out of 9 chapters, I got more than half-way through chapter 7 before demo was up. Not even worth the $2.99 for DD.

wunder
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by wunder on Oct 10, 10 7:16 AM
hmmmm, put in stars when I used initials to say "hidden objects". Didn't know the initials for that was a bad word

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Oct 10, 10 9:04 AM
wunder wrote:hmmmm, put in stars when I used initials to say "hidden objects". Didn't know the initials for that was a bad word

Well, it's usually used as a name for a "lady" of ill repute, so to speak.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 10, 10 11:51 AM

I was so bored with this game. It was not a deal at $2.99 in my opinion. I don't like "really hard" games either, but game is not worth the time to play it.

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Oct 10, 10 12:08 PM
Generally when it's a DD I buy a Hidden Object game unless it's really dire, but I really don't know about this one.

First problem is most levels are taking me less than 60 seconds, once less than 30 :-/ (the "food" or pages ones are the worst) none longer than 3 mins.
I had stuck it on the timed/experienced mode because I'm an old hand at these and yet I'm still doing it this quick?

In this game a level means one scene or puzzle (that's not a criticism)

The "puzzles" just aren't, the solutions are given without any hunting or anything, in my free hour only one posed even the slightest challenge at all (and that because they didn't give you the solution). It was frustrating as well with a couple because it wouldn't have taken much adjustment to make them a challenge.

There was also one or two objects where the name given on the list just didn't match the object I had to find

The designers have been really lazy, I don't actually mind a game using the same scene a couple of times as long as what you're looking for is mostly different and it's something of a challenge - but this was just dumb. About every 4 levels it's find the food (I'm pretty sure the same food each time, or tinted variations) or find the diary pages, I'm not sure if the background scenes were always changing or some were the same - I was too busy groaning about doing the same thing yet AGAIN.

The "story" (a picture with a handful of words about every 5 levels?) feels thrown in to give it a setting, I think because the puzzles/things you have to find just don't connect with it.

I get the feeling that I wouldn't be playing the game much longer than the free hour to complete it, but what bothers me more is that when I imagine replaying some time in the future I can see it's going to be at least as quick and annoying so I probably wouldn't want to bother replaying.

It's times like this when I love the hour demo, you get a real feel for the game in that time.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Oct 10, 10 2:37 PM
Really disappointed in the choice of DD's this weekend.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Oct 10, 10 4:54 PM
It's all been said, so I'll just add my "bilious and boring" and leave it at that.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 10, 10 8:34 PM
Boring is a good adjective for this game. Also hungry....there are a ton of find the hidden food maps....this made me really hungry. The graphics are fair. The gameplay is too easy, even in the dark caves. The storyline is badly drawn. Dull. Dull. Dull.

This game is an F...I almost went for a D for dull.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Oct 10, 10 9:34 PM
I wonder how many times I can look for 20 foods before I completely lose it? BORING!!!

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Oct 10, 10 9:34 PM
I wonder how many times I can look for 20 foods before I completely lose it? BORING!!!

jantea331
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jantea331 on Oct 11, 10 12:50 AM
I agree with everyone else - this game is BORING!! I wouldn't even buy it at $2.99.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Oct 11, 10 12:59 PM
Stevi, it made you hungry? Gee, I thought the only good part of the game was that all that noxious green food made me lose my appetite!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 11, 10 4:46 PM
KC_Granny wrote:I wonder how many times I can look for 20 foods before I completely lose it? BORING!!!

I chalked it up to the fact that these are natives and therefore, must forage for their food

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 11, 10 4:56 PM
vicalana wrote:Totally agree. Absolutely dire. And there are games that I think - OK I'll wait till the daily deal. But not this one.

I disagree; sometimes, I to have a VERY EASY game to play. How many times have I read how people are pulling their hair out (including myself) because they can't find an object or they can't figure out what to do next or they can't figure out where to go next -- sometimes even WITH a walkthrough available (which this games does NOT have)??

It's nice to have something simple to play just to get the kinks out of the brain cells and to start feeling that I can go back to a difficult game and complete it.

MEnr56

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Oct 18, 10 6:33 PM
Wow...the barbs and arrows of outrageous rectitude...

I really like this game. I like the easy pace of it and find it interesting and original in a few aspects. Some of the hidden objects do tend to blend in exceedingly well but the hint system is generous and hopefully so is my review.

...this fish is happy and content with the games of 2008/2009. I like many of the new ones but they are a lot of "flash" and a lot of "work". I like nice easy games and when I want a harder challenge, I can certainly find the 2010 games.

[Post New]by tinyseahorse on Oct 23, 10 6:46 PM
PLEASE-I BEG OF YOU-USE YOUR MONEY TO BUY A PIZZA INSTEAD.

Go to: