bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for I SPY: Treasure Hunt

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Oct 10, 10 8:48 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of I SPY: Treasure Hunt?

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for I SPY: Treasure Hunt

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 10, 10 10:36 AM
Downloading it, as usual I wanted to read a few comments but there's none. So off to play and will let you know.......

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Oct 10, 10 10:38 AM
I was surpised that there were no reviews. Looked at the next thread and voila there they were. I really don't care if it's a "kid's game". It was fun and light hearted. I'll be the first to say I like the darker games, but I like the I Spy games too. I can finish them relatively quickly. They are clever. My only complaint about this is that in a lot of the scenes, especially the early ones the graphics were blurry/ fuzzy. I'm not sure if it was my comuter or the game.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 10, 10 11:21 AM
More or less understand why there were no comments ! Sound is OK as long as the girls doesn't speak, graphics are grainy, objects not too easy to find. Don't like the way they're described, quite silly. Not my liking this type of game, others may enjoy.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 10, 10 11:47 AM
This game is just like "I SPY SPOOKY MANSION". Same voice, same rhymes. I liked spooky mansion and played it many times. This game however, I don't like simply because the graphics are so fuzzy. It bothers my eyes trying to focus to find the objects. Try this game and try spooky mansion, you will notice the difference.

Until the sharpen the graphics this is a no buy for me.

[Post New]by laurasimonuk on Oct 10, 10 1:12 PM
Awful! simply Awful! Come on Big Fish! What on earth are you doing giving us games like this! The graphics are bad for 10 years ago, let alone today! I opened the first scene, the writing is all pixally the pictures are all pixally. its un playable!! come on! sort it out!

Graelyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Graelyn on Oct 10, 10 1:28 PM
I've played some of the other I SPY games and enjoyed them, however, I have some issues with this one. The two scenes that I played that required using the magnifying glass and the binoculars were frustrating as once you found the right object, you would have to click on it SEVERAL times in order for the game to acknowledge it. While we adults enjoy these games, I can imagine how frustrating this issue would be for a child.

The one thing I have never liked about the I SPY games is that you don't know how many of an item you still have left to find. It always states the beginning number.

Does anyone know if turning off the sound speeds up the game?

MrMotto
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by MrMotto on Oct 10, 10 2:04 PM
I bought it without playing the demo. Why ? Because " prpldva " is my hero, and if she likes these games, then I know I will too.

[Post New]by janetsui on Oct 10, 10 2:41 PM
I love the book version of this game, one of my favourite

However, this is a fairly old game, consider I've played this game several years ago, and I borrowed it from the library (imagine how old it could be). From this, you can understand why the graphics are awful

To Bigfish: We want NEW games, not old games that are a few years old

[Post New]by janetsui on Oct 10, 10 2:42 PM
Poutoule wrote:More or less understand why there were no comments ! Sound is OK as long as the girls doesn't speak, graphics are grainy, objects not too easy to find. Don't like the way they're described, quite silly. Not my liking this type of game, others may enjoy.

If you don't like the girl talking, just turn it off in the menu. It's much better without the girl talking

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

most annoying

[Post New]by stevieferr on Oct 10, 10 4:11 PM
I finished the free hour and had found 8 pieces of the map and bought the game and when i went back it had gone back to the beginning again,usually you carry on from where you finished your free hour...................not rocket science this game and some of it seems familiar still something to do till the next good game ...Its about time we had a new Mystery Case Files game

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 10, 10 8:19 PM
I'm a sucker for the I Spy series - like other fishes that have posted in other threads, it's what first got me interested in HOGs, so if they seem simple and not very challenging, you can at least thank them for paving the way for those exciting iHOGS we all enjoy today.

I thought I had all of the I Spy games, and this one seems like an early game that I somehow missed. On my large screen the artwork has a distinct pixilated quality that can be distracting for those of us who are used to high definition screens, and the sing-song nature of the clues list will annoy those who can get past the graphics, but neither of those are enough to prevent me from buying the game. It's fun, and that's why I play the games, so it makes me happy.

If you aren't sure, try the free download and see for yourself. Unless you have an ISP that charges you for download time, the demo is free and you can make up your own mind. The clever animations when you click on certain items were a huge innovation in their time, and some of them are quite funny. Enjoy!

[Post New]by scrapping_nancy on Oct 10, 10 8:27 PM
I agree! My computer is relatively new and I have never seen such poor graphics!!Grainy, blurry and extremely fuzzy!! Turned it off after 5 minutes!!

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Oct 10, 10 8:31 PM
Grainy graphics. I have an awesome computer - and was writing emails while waiting on the program to finish it's little gyrations for each object so I could click on another one. Complete waste of time.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Oct 10, 10 8:40 PM
I think this game was originally released in 2005. I remember when it came out on another portal I was a member of at the time. I don't know why it's being put out here now.

[Post New]by ruth53 on Oct 10, 10 9:50 PM
This is only the second or third time i have made a comment, I played the whole game i think. I can't figure out what to do or where the pices of maps that I have collect go or where they are at. A bit disapponted in the game.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Oct 11, 10 1:51 AM
This is a really old game. It was released onto the game portals of the time right after Spooky Manor. It was the second HOG I ever played (Spooky Manor being the first). I really enjoyed both of them, but if you're someone who's looking for up-to-date storylines, puzzles and graphics you're going to be disappointed. These games are super-simple compared to today's adventure hybrids, iHOGs and FROGs.
If you enjoy straight-up old-fashioned HOGs or you want something safe for the kids to play, dig in. I've never had an issue with the graphics on the version I have from years ago on an old computer I still keep around to play games that got removed from that other place after I paid for them, so maybe it's either a function of the download file or because it's a Windows XP game trying to run on today's machines. Perhaps running it in XP service pack 1 mode? That's what my old machine has on it.

Edited to add: Just found this on the Scholastic site, and this game won awards in 2001 (Spooky Manor is from 2004), so give it 10 years' worth of a break on your expectation of graphic quality,etc.

Edited on 10/11/2010 at 1:56:53 AM PST

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

ruth your map pieces

[Post New]by stevieferr on Oct 11, 10 6:18 AM
click on top right of screen it takes you to a place where you put the map together

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Oct 11, 10 8:40 AM
I can't even find a free game worth downloading.

MrMotto
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by MrMotto on Oct 11, 10 11:42 AM
One you mentioned that the counting of items keeps going back to One each time, this must be a glitch in your game, because mine isn't doing that. If I have several of an item, the game will count each one til I have all of that item.

Go to: