oct2447
Stingray
Stingray
5,932 Posts

Can you disable timer?

[Post New]by oct2447 on Oct 10, 10 12:12 PM
Is there a way to play this untimed? I am considering presenting this game at our next summer camp (kids up to 12 yrs with mild learning disabilities) and it would be great to have it untimed for the youngers.
Also, they will get extra points for researching and finding any inaccuracies in the game............ it was one of the ways I could rationalize using it with the errors contained in the game.
It's said when a good game gets "contaminated" with inaccurate information. Maybe some developers don't think it's a big deal, but there is enough disinformation being spread on the planet...............

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,955 Posts

Can you disable timer?

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Aug 28, 12 9:13 AM
oct2447 wrote:Is there a way to play this untimed? I am considering presenting this game at our next summer camp (kids up to 12 yrs with mild learning disabilities) and it would be great to have it untimed for the youngers.
Also, they will get extra points for researching and finding any inaccuracies in the game............ it was one of the ways I could rationalize using it with the errors contained in the game.
It's said when a good game gets "contaminated" with inaccurate information. Maybe some developers don't think it's a big deal, but there is enough disinformation being spread on the planet.

The timer does NOT work against the player in the way you may be thinking; it does NOT time you out and you have to start the level all over again. What it does is add up the time it took you to complete the particular round that you're on and if said round was done as fast or faster than the "expert, then you get a gold animal (if not then you get the silver) and then it'll go against whether or not you get either a gold or a silver medallion for the whole level.

As for the inaccurate information, I have to agree with you. With modern technology at anyone's fingertips (faster than looking up in a set of Britannica Encyclopedia -- if one even has any anymore), it should not have taken the game developers more than a moment or 2 to check out their information and correct whatever needed to be correct.

MEnr56

Go to: