[Post New]by td4us on Oct 10, 10 1:06 PM
this is a really bad game for big fish to come out with

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:worse game ever from big fish\

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 10, 10 1:38 PM
BFG didn't. This is developed and published by Frogwares. What don't you like about it?

[Post New]by nicklass on Oct 10, 10 1:42 PM
Hi, Every time I have tried to download this game onto my computer, it contains a virus, thankfully my security software picks it up before it can do damage. I paid for this game, and cannot even play it.
I want my money back but can't seem to find where I can start to ask for it back.

If anyone can help that would be great.
Thanks!
Nicklass....

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on Oct 10, 10 1:43 PM
I have just bought it and although its quite hard it looks like a good long game.Have you played it all?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 10, 10 1:45 PM
nicklass wrote:Hi, Every time I have tried to download this game onto my computer, it contains a virus, thankfully my security software picks it up before it can do damage. I paid for this game, and cannot even play it.
I want my money back but can't seem to find where I can start to ask for it back.

Thanks!
Nicklass....
Please report your virus message first.

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/165/session/L3NpZC80N25HQzljaw==

Copy and paste the link.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 10, 10 1:46 PM
If you want your money back or a game credit then scroll down the page and click on that green envelope where it says, "We're here to help". You can live chat with customer service and they will help.

[Post New]by nicklass on Oct 10, 10 1:58 PM
Hi, just thought I would add this extra tidbit. I can't ask for help via online chat as I live in Australia and it is Monday here, and Sunday in America, but any help I can get on here would be greatly appreciated. I did try to reinstall the game but there is always something else installing without my knowledge and this is the thing that has the malware in it. And now when I try to play the game it comes up fatal error.
Thankyou for helping me.
Nicklass.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 10, 10 2:00 PM
nicklass, both reporting the virus message and the request for a refund use the green envelope on the right.

BFG goes to great lengths to make sure that all of its downloads are virus-free (and note that no-one else has had this message). False positives do happen occasionally and should be reported, hence the link.

Edited on 10/10/2010 at 2:02:22 PM PST

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Oct 11, 10 12:50 AM
Hi,
I usually go to Help (top right of page) and at the bottom of the page on the left hand side there is a Contact Us link. Click on that and you can email them. It takes a few days for them to email me back but I always use this method and customer service at BF is the BEST on the internet for games, believe me. They are fantastic and have never let me down. Don't give up on BF. It's a great community of people too (forums). Hope you can resolve the issue and stay on with us. Best of luck to you.

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on Oct 12, 10 3:37 PM
nicklass wrote:Hi, Every time I have tried to download this game onto my computer, it contains a virus, thankfully my security software picks it up before it can do damage. I paid for this game, and cannot even play it.

Thanks!
Nicklass....
Just FYI, the game does NOT have a virus. Your security software just thinks it looks like something that looks like it might be something bad. It's called a false positive.

Any chance your security software is McAfee or Norton? If so, then the problem is with them and not the game. Your only recourse is to contact their technical support and wait (don't hold your breath while you're doing this, by the way, as it can take weeks, months, to never for it to happen). With other security software you're often allowed to add it to an "exclusions" or "safe" list...or go offline, shut down your security software, install and play the game. You absolutely can't with either McAfee or Norton, which is why I kicked McAfee to the curb and got KIS 2010 (Kaspersky Internet Security suite) a year ago.

I'm renewing my subscription in a couple days when it's ready to expire. Although, there are other equally good and configurable security suites out there, I like my KIS 2010 and I'm keeping it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 12, 10 3:43 PM
Your only recourse is to contact their technical support and wait
Not in this instance. BFG needs to know. That's why I gave nicklass the link to copy and paste. BFG will deal with the anti-virus people.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 12, 10 4:20 PM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks so much for helping nicklass out. Since it looks like this thread has turned into one regarding a tech issue, I will be locking it up.

nicklass, please do contact Tech Support with as much information as you can (a screenshot could also be very helpful) for further help.

Please feel free to post any further technical issues in here. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

MIGHTYMIDGE
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by MIGHTYMIDGE on Oct 13, 10 2:58 AM
I have to admit. I am finding it very boring. Too many going around and around and not enough movement to the next whatever...I have looked at every bloomin painting clicked on everything I have missed not a thing
in the crevice with the dog only one lamp and not two and it does nothing ot Hplmes can do nothing with it I have been in the glass roof room where a ladder reqwest..I go to the directors and still zero re the ladder or even its mention...Money. ok .its wasted..Time I cannot and will not waste.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 13, 10 7:04 PM
I personally am loving this game. Love all the Sherlock Holmes, Nancy Drew and Poirot games. I know they are not for everyone though, but I am having a great time exploring the museum and the other areas. I like taking my time and just walking around and exploring. Great fun.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 14, 10 3:27 PM
i agree that while this game may not be for everyone - it is a wonderful detective mystery game - much in the line of hercule poirot and nancy drew... these games are very time consuming and have many little details that you need to actually keep a journal or notepad handy for... not everything you see will be noted in the dialogue/documents/items/clues/etc by your character...

one thing that i really liked about this one is that the game play takes you to a few different points of view, much like kapu cave where you also play the role of the hardy boys, crystal skull where you go back and forth with bess - and others, like dark hills of cherai where you bounce around between a whole host of siblings!

and i love the challenge of trying to unravel a mystery worthy of the great holmes! just as i loved playing through murder on the orient express and the secrets of shadow ranch... it's an absolute feast that i would recommend with good intentions to anyone who really enjoys a good mystery!

smdbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by smdbee on Oct 16, 10 10:42 PM
I purchased Sherlock Holmes Nemsis it installed on my son's computer on our desktop it said "virus" and on my laptop it was divX. my laptop had vista don't know if that mattered. I got a new laptop recently and BFG offered Sherlock vs Arsene so I got it, divX was installed and had no trouble playing and loved it.

Go to: