Ealo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

stuck at museum

[Post New]by Ealo on Oct 10, 10 5:26 PM
ok did everything i was suppose to found the rubber marks, footprints, talk to director. also went through all the rooms and still no policeman with ladder. look at skylight also checked the large create with the lock. is there something i missed? please help

MIGHTYMIDGE
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:stuck at museum

[Post New]by MIGHTYMIDGE on Oct 11, 10 6:52 AM
Same here. I am going from room to room looking and learning about the paintings.
Also footprints rubber marks padlock roof of glassroom.....I still receive cold shoulder from the directors office..no ladder..I kind of think if I go into the dark room at some time a light may come on and something may get Holmes lil grey cells working. Something must, surely. Even dozy old Watson would be a relief.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 11, 10 6:54 AM
Have you tried to leave the museum?

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Oct 11, 10 7:04 AM
I have gone around and around so many times I'm dizzy. How do you trigger the theft? I have looked at all the rooms (I think) and talked to the director. Still nothing happens. This is frustrating.

Ealo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Ealo on Oct 11, 10 9:51 AM
yes tried to leave the museum and tried all the other doors also they were locked the ones I couldn't get into. but I never found the security guard with the ladder. I went through this 3x already and I'm just going to have to quit this game for good. I just don't know what else to do. I'm baffled

[Post New]by gamer8 on Oct 11, 10 11:23 AM
Ive done the same thing cant get the ladder. Ive gone into directors office time after time. always same diolouge theft and goodby. Could there be a glitz in the game?

cahandcah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by cahandcah on Oct 11, 10 1:23 PM
i'm haveing the same problem as everyone else stuck in the museum,went through it several times and can't find guard with ladder? please help us .

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 11, 10 1:41 PM
The best I can suggest at this time is the MaGtRo walkthrough. If that doesn't work, perhaps you could PM someone in this forum who's posted that they've finished.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Oct 11, 10 6:18 PM
I found a room I hadn't been to, and then the theft was triggered. Now I'm stumped because I can't trigger the scene where Sherlock gets the ladder. I'm about ready to give up on the game, it's so frustrating. I have the walkthrough, it's no help.

[Post New]by gamer8 on Oct 11, 10 9:55 PM
gamer8 wrote:Ive done the same thing cant get the ladder. Ive gone into directors office time after time. always same diolouge theft and goodby. Could there be a glitz in the game?

[Post New]by gamer8 on Oct 11, 10 9:56 PM
The measuring tape has to be clicked on to make the tape come out so you can measure the foot prints.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Oct 12, 10 6:26 AM
If the guard hasn't appeared with the ladder, you must have missed something. Seems that is how this game works! Try going through the steps again.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Oct 12, 10 6:40 AM
Got it! I hadn't measured one of the footprints.

MIGHTYMIDGE
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by MIGHTYMIDGE on Oct 14, 10 2:40 AM
On the ceiling edge of the English(I think) gallery is an envelope..of which you need the ladder...It did help me to move on

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 14, 10 2:41 PM
right after the theft it is important to find all three sets of footprints and have holmes make the cunning realization that the person coming down the stairs was lighter than the one going up... you also need to note the tread from the footprint in the dirt vs. the print in the restoration room... that is when holmes will make the deduction that lupin was there all along - as the artist!

be sure to check the integrated strategy guide if you get stuck... it's a great hint by hint tool to point you in the right direction...

and the forums are terrific as well!

by the way this was a total mind-bender of a game, but i loved every minute of it!!

Go to: