bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 11, 10 12:05 AM
Virginia and Professor MacNara have found Christopher Columbus’ missing ship! Though the ship is over 500 years-old, it still looks like it was abandoned only yesterday. Discover a mysterious artifact as you explore the mystical galleon in Ancient Spirits: Columbus’ Legacy and solve a mystical puzzle that transcends time in this fun and exciting Hidden Object game.

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by tictacsix on Oct 11, 10 12:24 AM
Anybody else notice on the game page download that the pictures **** words are in German? Will see after download if they stay in German or rervert back to English.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 11, 10 12:32 AM
Yep, noticed the screenshots were the German version, but the video is in English. Considering I'm still waiting for a fix to run last Columbus game on W7, guess I'll be patient again. Let us know after the demo. Thanks.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 11, 10 12:41 AM
Could it be........? This looks like it could be a long awaited good game. Going to check it out!

Edited on 10/11/2010 at 12:53:28 AM PST

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Oct 11, 10 12:49 AM
No worries. Words and dialogue are all in English.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 11, 10 12:56 AM
I too am still waiting for the Columbus fix...think they are hoping we will just fade away...But this one I beta tested, and I liked it.

BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

[Post New]by BBB10 on Oct 11, 10 1:02 AM
Hi! I noticed that the game "Ghost of the Mystery Stone" just came out a couple of weeks ago. Do I need to do the "Ghost" one first before "Ancient Spirits"? I'd really appreciate your help! Thank you! BBB10

This post has been added Tues., October 12th at 12:45 a.m..

FOR THOSE POSTERS (AS SEEN BELOW) THAT WELCOMED ME TO THE POND AND SAID IT WAS A REASONABLE QUESTION, I THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS!

Edited on 10/11/2010 at 11:44:18 PM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 11, 10 1:10 AM
Downloading it. Poor Colombus, he is put to every kind of work lately, are Egypt and Nostradamus not any more selling too well ? DD you will appreciate the tiny german part

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Oct 11, 10 1:10 AM
Hi BBB10

The two games are not related. You don't need one to play the other.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Oct 11, 10 1:11 AM
Played the demo and while it is pretty simple, it was good. Wondered if anyone knows how long it is? It didn't seem to take long to download, so that concerns me a bit. Even if I don't end up buying this one, it was nice to play a new HOG for an hour anyway.

Have fun, enjoy!

spjoet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by spjoet on Oct 11, 10 1:13 AM
BBB10 wrote:I noticed that the game "Ghost of the Mystery Stone" just came out a couple of weeks ago. Do I need to do the "Ghost" one first before "Ancient Spirits"? I'd appreciate your help! BBB10

You don't. These games are entirely unrelated.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 11, 10 2:17 AM
Played nearly the whole demo and got utterly bored.
Graphics are so-so.
Music, or rather sounds, is OK.
You can click at random, no penalty, but you don't need to, as objects are obvious.
Far fetched story.
Way too easy.

Not a buy for me but some peope might enjoy, happy gaming............

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 11, 10 2:58 AM
Me too Poutoule -

I usually have an easy HOG or IHOG in progress for when I need a break from a brain strain game or just need something to help me wake up in the morning - I am going to save the last 30 minutes of the demo for that.

It looks like a game a good many players will really like though - Wahoo!!
Hopefully it will continue to be a very good week for games - it is starting out right!

Happy day and happy gaming everyone!!

shadowfax

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 11, 10 3:16 AM
I bought it because I was getting desperate! It's an OK game. I've just finished so that's nearly 3 hours for me. You can change difficulty level in options and I started on expert but started to get lost so switched to normal. It would be a longer play on expert.There are quite a few areas to explore and you have to play close attention to what the character says to know where to go next.
You can play it either as scrolling on not - its a nicer game to play with the scrolling on.
Story line seemed a little all over the place but got better as the game went on. Objects not too hard to find, no click penalty (yay!), and recharging hints.
All in all the best for a while but still waiting for a great game.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 11, 10 3:44 AM

I did beta testing on this game a few months ago and it was better then with a more complicated story and great graphics with scrolling (like clockwork man) from the beginning screen. I hardly recognize this gutted game....

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 11, 10 5:07 AM
Don't you hate that jkuci???

When they take beta that you like and change it. Then when the hard release comes out all you can say is... "What the hey? It was a good game!". I had that happen before too... it's a head scratcher, huh??

shadowfax

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Oct 11, 10 5:17 AM
is it me?i don't find this game so good!no logic ,story very...well, disorganized;and sometimes we have to do things that are not necessary for the game to go on!(FE:in library,you have found the missing books ,and suddenly ,you can't play the puzzles with the books because you have to find fungus before!even if fungus is necessary after,it is not well placed)!i am playing again the" deadtime story" (nothing good to play those 10,passed days!),and the comparison is not good for ancient spirits!happily ,the game club credit for punch cards are available 2 months!i have 3,and so far i don't use one!

Edited on 10/11/2010 at 5:23:01 AM PST

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 11, 10 5:46 AM
Cracks me up whenever someone asks if they need to play "the previous game before they play the newer one". I don't even think that's a factor in interactive fiction games let alone a HOG. If you "feel compelled to ask" the answer is definitely yes, otherwise you'll probably wake up at 4am with cold sweats. The rest of us will somehow live.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 11, 10 6:59 AM
Coronagold wrote:Cracks me up whenever someone asks if they need to play "the previous game before they play the newer one". I don't even think that's a factor in interactive fiction games let alone a HOG. If you "feel compelled to ask" the answer is definitely yes, otherwise you'll probably wake up at 4am with cold sweats. The rest of us will somehow live.

I don't see what's so funny. It just shows that you don't play HOGS much at all. A lot of HOGS are continuations when they are in a series. I thought it to be a very legit question. That way they can have an understanding of the game they are about to play. There's quite a few series of different HOGS out there, and they do refer or continue from the previous game there was.

Sassy

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 11, 10 7:05 AM
I agree with you Sassy. It sometimes hepls to play a previous game in a "series". I ask some really silly questions, but most fishies are so kind to help

Go to: