bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 11, 10 1:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Post any Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy technical issues here only

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Oct 11, 10 7:46 AM
I did not hear any music, just sound effects.

spjoet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by spjoet on Oct 11, 10 7:58 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:I did not hear any music, just sound effects.

There is only music in menu and intro. No additional in-game-music. Does it work in menu and intro?

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Oct 11, 10 8:41 AM
yes I think it did...thank you

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 11, 10 10:52 AM
Me too. I have only got the sound effects. Tried a lot of things, but no luck. Not bothered as I usually turn the music down anyway.

[Post New]by edmontonborn on Oct 11, 10 11:50 AM
Tried playing this game on my laptop. Lasted 10 minutes and quit. Cursor wandered randomly around the screen making it all but impossible to play the game.

fluffy64
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by fluffy64 on Oct 11, 10 4:36 PM
Hello. I just started playing the game and the game screen setting for my pc is not right, because while playing the game I couldn't see the menu button, the hint button or any other type of help in playing the game. The top of the screen was fine but I can't see what's at the bottom of the screen. Maybe its a different resolution. I am not an expert tech when it comes to changing stuff. Tell me what to do and I can do it, but I am too afraid to try something on my own. It looked somewhat interesting. Help please.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 11, 10 7:48 PM
This game makes it easy to change screen resolutions. Click the Menu tab on the bottom of the screen, then click Settings, and one of the choices is a drop-down menu to change screen resolutions.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Oct 11, 10 9:58 PM
when i clicked on diary, was booted back to desktop - how rude.
restarted the game, played a bit more exited somewhat normally, only to get an access violation no buy

spjoet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by spjoet on Oct 12, 10 2:03 AM
indigo_ladybug wrote:when i clicked on diary, was booted back to desktop - how rude.
restarted the game, played a bit more exited somewhat normally, only to get an access violation no buy

Do you mean a search object or something else?

spjoet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by spjoet on Oct 12, 10 2:07 AM
fluffy64 wrote:Hello. I just started playing the game and the game screen setting for my pc is not right, because while playing the game I couldn't see the menu button, the hint button or any other type of help in playing the game. The top of the screen was fine but I can't see what's at the bottom of the screen. Maybe its a different resolution. I am not an expert tech when it comes to changing stuff. Tell me what to do and I can do it, but I am too afraid to try something on my own. It looked somewhat interesting. Help please.

Click in the menu the settings button on the bottom or press ESC-Button on your keyboard if you are in your adventure to call a popup - there is also a settings button. Just select another resolution which will better work for you. It’s also possible to play in windowed mode if no resolution will work (deselect Full Screen in Settings).

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Oct 12, 10 5:55 AM
I played the first scene,then when I went into the second screen,it went black. When I hit the hint button it said something about the paintbrush. I get everything but the picture. As for the cursor, mine was going everywhere,until I went to options and got the original curser. That works.

merediffy
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by merediffy on Oct 15, 10 9:26 AM
catathang wrote:I played the first scene,then when I went into the second screen,it went black. When I hit the hint button it said something about the paintbrush. I get everything but the picture. As for the cursor, mine was going everywhere,until I went to options and got the original curser. That works.

Same thing happened to me, only it was the flashlight I'm having a problem with.

[Post New]by johnsloanjp on Oct 15, 10 10:29 AM
I stucked the chishel in the cave in the wrong crack and can not get it back. How do Iget it out so Ican continue.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 15, 10 11:57 PM
johnsloanjp wrote:I stucked the chishel in the cave in the wrong crack and can not get it back. How do Iget it out so Ican continue.

Hey johnsloanjp! All is well. You have done the right thing, now you just need to stick the shovel in the crack and whack it with the hammer.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 16, 10 8:44 PM
I've noticed a couple of minor glitches with this game. I'm playing on a Mac 10.5.8, btw.

First glitch was when I first started the game in demo mode, game immediately crashed during first HOG on beach. It started back up easily and no problems with demo after that.

Then when I bought the game I fired it up and it immediately crashed again. Played all the way through after starting up again and no more glitches.

Last glitch occurred during second play through. When making tortilla I chopped potatoes and went to put them in the pan before I chopped onions and peppers. I couldn't drop them in the pan, couldn't put them back on table and couldn't exit scene. Completely stuck with potatoes in my "hand". Had to exit game and come back, and found chopped up potatoes on table and continued with game.

As I said, minor glitches, but thought I should let you guys know.

UPDATE: Just went back to game after writing the above and shortly after I started it, it crashed again! Started right up though and seems to be running ok now.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 8:49:41 PM PST

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Oct 21, 10 12:59 PM
merediffy wrote:
catathang wrote:I played the first scene,then when I went into the second screen,it went black. When I hit the hint button it said something about the paintbrush. I get everything but the picture. As for the cursor, mine was going everywhere,until I went to options and got the original curser. That works.

Same thing happened to me, only it was the flashlight I'm having a problem with.
Hi, Were you able to figure it out? I uninstalled and reinstalled, and the same thing happened. How does BF figure we can get our punch cards full if we can't play the game?

[Post New]by rainangel5301 on Nov 6, 10 7:53 AM
It seems every time I post a problem or question on a forum, no one answers. I have 3 games in "limbo" right now because I am almost finished with each and hit a problem. No one answered. Guess I will have to go to customer service.

If I can get an answer to this one I will say "hurray". I am at the end (or near) and after I put the diving suit together, it disappeared!! I see the helmet in the very botton of my screen on the right, but clicking on it does nothing but turn it green. I have not had any resolution problems, the whole screen has been accessible at all times, but this one has me stymied. Help!?! Someone??? (and I have the watch in the jar)

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Re:Post any Ancient Spirits portal problem

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 26, 10 4:19 AM
When I first played this game everything worked great. After quitting and going back in to play when I click on the portals the the scene area is totally white, the only thing I can see is her picture at the top with the bubble.

[Post New]by comicana on Dec 2, 10 10:03 PM
Hi I'm trying to get back to the beach to get the berries and am stuck how to I get back

Go to: