dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

so disappointed

[Post New]by dianaluna on Oct 11, 10 7:28 PM
I demoed this game on a different game site & had no glitches. I'm a big fan of Fishdom. I bought the game from BFG & it downloads & starts, but when I push play I get an error message or the screen goes blank & the computer freezes. I've already asked for Tech help & did Dr. Felix & there's nothing left to update. I just don't understand how come a game can play on one gamesite but not another. Has anyone else had this experience with this game or others?

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Re:so disappointed

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Oct 12, 10 8:02 AM
I had the same problem. Tech help told me several things could cause this, but the one that worked for me was to delete the data file for this game - left from when I demo'd this game for the maker's site. It's in the ProgamData folder.

sparkle9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle9 on Oct 15, 10 6:32 AM
I had exactly the same problem - played originally on Playrix, then finally bought from BF...but it won't play. They couldn't fix problem and found nothing wrong with my computer. If anyone finds a solution, please post it. BF should be able to fix this, in my opinion. I will try and find the data source mentioned, but am not good at tech stuff.

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Oct 16, 10 9:47 AM
I had the same problem. I downloaded the demo from Playrix, then purchased it from Big Fish. It would freeze up. I uninstalled both the Playrix demo and the BF game, then reinstalled the BF game. Still froze up. What got the game to work for me was to delete the old player "names" and use completely different "names" for the games. As soon as I changed the player names to completely new ones, it worked perfectly.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 16, 10 10:00 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks for helping dianaluna out. This is really helpful information that would be great to share in the technical issues thread at the top of the Game Forum!

I've been asked to lock any wandering threads regarding tech issues, but please post any further inquiries here. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: