gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Fashion Fortune - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 12, 10 2:58 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em... Most of the reviews I saw in the regular Reviews and Comments topic include the word "boring"...

Edited on 10/12/2010 at 3:04:01 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re: Fashion Fortune - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 12, 10 9:44 AM
I have played the game already on the releasedate and don`t liked it very much. The gameplay is very slow and not really interesting. Nothing new in this game. I wouldn`t buy it

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Oct 12, 10 4:27 PM
To start with I ought to state I am much more of a HOG fan than TM. But there are some TM games I really love, this unfortunately wasn't one of them.

I'm usually willing to be much more forgiving with a DD. And it wasn't like there was anything really awful, it was just really blah, like other reviewers have said, I wasn't having fun.

The graphics were nice but the main character's voice and the dialog was really annoying.

Also the story didn't make any sense, at the start she lists that over the last year she's done some fairly basic jobs (e.g. pizza delivery) and then says because of that she's wealthy and buys a shop o.O
Then there is a "bad guy", a rude French designer. He's apparently rude *because* he's French, and inexplicably even though he is a top fashion designer he walks into this obscure new clothes store, gets all bad tempered and then starts lying about her stuff. It wasn't even funny (I don't think it's meant to be either but it might have made it a better game).

I only got through to the second shop within my hour, but it seemed like instead of building up a business she would make a shop, close it down, open a new one. Which made me feel like I wasn't exactly achieving anything.

What the customers wanted was very predictable because each quite distinct type of customer orders the same thing each time. I quite liked the shoplifter and IRS man mechanics as it added something different.

The puzzles when they cropped up were too easy, except sometimes the accessories puzzle - for example when doing "spring" it seemed like some of the items had been chosen at random, which was frustrating.

I was hopeful this would be something like "JoJo's fashion show" or "Satisfashion", but it wasn't at all. In fact really having fashion in the title seems a bit misleading to me, it dosen't seem like she's either setting trends, or we get to choose or anything. It's just a small clothes shop with a very small range and people order variations of this small range. To be fair though, I've only got to the start of shop 2, it may change when you get further through the game.

In the first shop I could have 3 different clothes racks (2 different tops and jeans) and an accessory rack. Despite the graphic showing a range of the clothes on each of the racks actually it was only ever one item that was requested or you picked up.

So all in all disappointing and I'm not going to bother, even with it being a DD.

Edited on 10/12/2010 at 4:27:27 PM PST

[Post New]by stuckonagame on Oct 21, 10 7:14 AM
Something must be wrong with me because I do like this game. Some levels were easy, others were more challenging, and I have gotten to the end level and am very stuck. As I moved along in the game I figured out way to get my score up. It is repetitive but most tm games are very repetitive. I prefer them to hog games. I find them boring. If anyone can help me with level 66 I would appreciate it.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Oct 22, 10 12:37 AM
That game was deleted from my system after only trying it for five minutes. The graphics are a joke, the voice of the girl is unbearable. The clothes...there hanging about 4 different styles/colours of each on the rack but the program will automatically pick the correct one.
The game is about as exiting as watching paint dry.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Oct 27, 10 10:23 AM
stuckonagame wrote:Something must be wrong with me because I do like this game. Some levels were easy, others were more challenging, and I have gotten to the end level and am very stuck. As I moved along in the game I figured out way to get my score up. It is repetitive but most tm games are very repetitive. I prefer them to hog games. I find them boring. If anyone can help me with level 66 I would appreciate it.

I would like to know some of the ways you have gotten your score up because I am having trouble getting through some of the levels.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Go to: