arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

Level 5 - 4

[Post New]by arthurC on Oct 12, 10 9:52 AM
This game is 'doin me ead in' as they say around these parts.

After much practice, I'm finally managing to get all the colour 'pie pieces' filled before the time runs out .. All, that is, except the the ones with the 'grey bockers' at the centre. I'm supposed to be able to blast them with an energy ball power-up, but they never appear! Thus, I'm left with time left, but no way of filling the remaining segments because they're blocked.

It's very frustrating.

Is there a way I can 'earn' the power-ups?
Thanks
Jo

Re:Level 5 - 4

[Post New]by chris122049 on Oct 12, 10 10:55 AM
The idea is to get rid of the grey blockers as soon as possible by making a match using the color that is inside of them .... in other words, if the gray blocker has a green inside, line up two greens with it so you can make it disappear. If you get rid of them as soon as you can, you can then try to make matches of 5 which will earn you power ups for the blasters.

[Post New]by aingeals on Jan 30, 11 4:35 AM
You need to get five colours in a row to blast away a grey. LIne up two of the same colour, say reds, close to the grey then one of any other colour (making sure you have a red somewhere on that line), Then find two reds on the outside of the "dummy" colour. Once you have that, move the third red into place and you have five in a row and that gives you a bomb to blast away the greys.

[Post New]by ephegenia on Feb 24, 11 7:14 AM
Also stuck on 5-4. Gotta say, I LOVE this game. I have been here for a couple of weeks. Such fun to see that OUTA TIME gotcha sign flip up! This is too cool a puzzle!

[Post New]by visja1 on Jul 11, 12 5:38 AM
ephegenia wrote:Also stuck on 5-4. Gotta say, I LOVE this game. I have been here for a couple of weeks. Such fun to see that OUTA TIME gotcha sign flip up! This is too cool a puzzle!

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 10, 13 11:10 AM
This is the first puzzle I couldn't complete in a day. Reassured to hear some patient people have been at this one for weeks! I've got fairly close by trying to avoid dropping random colours on top of coloured blockers at the start, because it takes time to clear them away with matches and you don't fill any centre hubs, so it is wasted time. Then as soon as I can get a 5 match on top of a grey I do that to clear them. I get to all but one or two crystal hubs but run out of time as I haven't cleared the blockers. But trying to clear all the blockers has me running out of time.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 10, 13 11:34 AM
Correction: this is merely the toughest puzzle so far, but I finally completed it with 3780 score in 8 and a half minutes. This time I did clear all the blockers without running out of time, and could gain time with some rapid 5 matches into the hubs. I suggest trying to work through all the blockers in a block to clear it completely and so give a good source of all the colours. I needed about 3 of those before I had enough colours on enough rings to make 5 matches. And whoever said you can clear greys with 3 matches, this is misinformation. You need 5 matches to create bursts and use them, it's the only way.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 15, 13 9:07 AM
Got very close to finishing with an Expert score. Got rid of the pairs of colour blockers with repeated 3 matches at first, then 5 match with red and a blocker and make a second clear column. A third is needed, using the bursts, and then have enough for a large number of bursts whilst filling in colours. A ring burst used on an inner ring and a column burst destroying at least 2 or 3 blockers is needed for speed, and to clear all blockers seems required for Expert score. One time I had one outer blocker left and finished the level and got 4500 score. Another time I cleared all blockers and was about to fill the last centre with a 5 match when I ran out of time.

Unfortunately, you can't get a ring burst for the outer ring without risking a lot of useless bursts stuck in the outer column with blockers, since ring bursts are quite rare. So I preferred to keep gaps and drop my ring burst in.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 15, 13 10:38 AM
Finally made Expert score, just, on this very difficult level. I've put the annotated video up on you-tube, it should be available in a day or so, search for Zenerchi level 5-4 Expert walkthrough. I used a ring burst and column burst to good effect and cleared outer blockers with trapped small bursts. The method was very fast and I could have taken more time to clear the last blocker for a big bonus in score, but at least I made it.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 6, 13 11:27 AM
Hi Festclick, I have your video bookmarked, but I can't get the red to come out at the right time to set up the M5 on the red blocker. I'm doing pretty much the same thing with clearing the pairs of blockers out at the beginning otherwise, but then I just can't get the colors to line up properly for enough M5s. The closest I've come on this level is getting 3 sections of the circle to fill up, but perhaps that's just me as I've seen that a few other players have managed to get all the way through the game. I tip my hat to those of you who've managed to finish, as this is really, really hard to me!

Go to: