Candles in cellar

[Post New]by RutgerWillem on Oct 12, 10 2:52 PM
I'm stuck! I have to light the candles. In the walkthrough it says: Combine the two pieces of flint in the inventory and then combine the flint with spark on the tinder. Use the burning tinder on one of the candles in the room.

I did all this and the candles are all lit, but I still have to use the flashlight (or else it's too dark) and the hint tells me to light the candles (which I already did). But now I don't have the burning tinder anymore!

I think this is a bug in the game. Can anyone please help me?

MrMotto
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Re:Candles in cellar

[Post New]by MrMotto on Oct 12, 10 3:10 PM
Must be a glitch as you say. Those candles should remain lit after lighting them.
Now, in the cave you will use your flashlight, and only in the cave will the flashlight ever be used, there are no candles to light in the cave, and each time you go into the cave, you have to use the flashlight.
There's only one other time, that I remember, when more candles will be lit, but you have to get more tinder to light them, but once they are lit, they stay lit.

[Post New]by RutgerWillem on Oct 13, 10 2:30 AM
Thank you for your reply.
All the candles are really lit (I can see them burn). But I still have to use the flashlight and I can't get more tinder, because the hint says that I have everything I need to light the candles.
I think I'll have to start the game over...

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 12:23:57 PM PST

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Oct 13, 10 11:45 AM
I'm having the same problem in the treehouse vault/cellar. I've lit the candles but nothing else happens. I can't go any further.

[Post New]by RutgerWillem on Oct 13, 10 1:44 PM
Update: it was indeed a glitch! I started the game over using a new profile and now all the candles lit up and I could continue.

The only thing I did differently was lighting an other candle. Under my first profile, I lit the big candle on the left of the screen. This time, I lit a smaller candle somewhere in the middle of the cellar.

Edited on 10/15/2010 at 5:11:17 AM PST

Go to: