bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 13, 10 12:05 AM
An eccentric doctor, Dr. Benjamin Gentle, and his unconventional treatment methods have Becky Brogan scouring the grounds of a spooky Institute! Find a missing nurse and discover exactly what took place at The Institute. Search different rooms and learn about each patient in this dark Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. Tackle tricky puzzles and more in The Institute: A Becky Brogan Adventure!

MrMotto
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Re:The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure

[Post New]by MrMotto on Oct 13, 10 12:21 AM
I've been waiting very patiently for a good hidden object game. This looks like it may just fit the bill. I am downloading it now, and bought it without viewing the demo first. I will give my opinions of the game after I play it.
Thanks BFG

[Post New]by mihillbillie on Oct 13, 10 12:38 AM
I have been waiting for a good HOG and I thought -The Institue-A Becky Brogan Adventure- was going to be the One. But, I had to quit playing after 10 min. Surprised I lasted that long. Items a so small, even with help I couldn't see them. Gave me a headache just looking for that short time.
Sorry it isn't for me. I'll just have to keep waiting I guess.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 13, 10 12:41 AM
This is a straight up HOG game. Just about every scene is hidden object except for spot the differences and there was a jigsaw puzzle in the time I played. It may change further on in the game. No click penalty, graphics are fine and a reloading hint. I had 2 scenes I had to use an object in. This is too straight forward for me, I prefer interactive/adventure HOGs but hose who like Straight HOG's should have a good time

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Oct 13, 10 12:47 AM
While downloading The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure, I got a warning from my anti-virus program.
It states that the threat is probably an unknown NewHeur_PE virus.

What should I do? This is the first time I've seen this. Help?

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 13, 10 12:51 AM
This game is just horrible. The only thing this game has going for it, is unlimited hints. This is just as bad if not worse, then the first one.

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on Oct 13, 10 12:51 AM
UNREAL!!!!! Soooo dark and blurry it's impossible!!!! Maybe 2 items on the list are visible. The rest I had to click, click, click and hope to hit one by accident, or use a hint. Finding the bears (to re-charge the hint button) if you are lucky. I think the developer took the "hidden" in "hidden object game" literally.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Oct 13, 10 1:07 AM
I concur with Vickie. I couldn't finish the demo. The graphics were terrible and the objects too obscure. If you like random clicking then this might be a game for you but a definite No Buy for me.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Oct 13, 10 1:08 AM
Graphics vary from good to just okay. Music appropriate. Most items tend to be small and are well hidden. Not a game for newbies as could get a bit frustrating finding all the objects without several hints. Have not seen any interaction just continual HOG scenes. First mini is a spot the difference. There is an added side game of collecting bears. Hints recharge fairly quickly. No timer and does not appear to have an overclick penalty. I personally found the game to lack ingenuity and on the boring side. Not a buy here.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Oct 13, 10 1:10 AM
Well, I thought I would give this game the whole hour demo even though my first thoughts were that I didn't care for it. Unfortunately, after the hour, I really didn't like it at all!

The items were too hard to find, I found myself just clicking anywhere hoping to hit something. The story line was boring, as was the music and the graphics were horrific.

Here's hoping for tomorrow. I hope some fishies enjoy it, but for me it gets a definite pass.

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 1:11:18 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 13, 10 1:11 AM
Robilyn wrote:This game is just horrible. The only thing this game has going for it, is unlimited hints. This is just as bad if not worse, then the first one.

Oh Robilyn ... there are not unlimited hints you lose points for using one.

NOTE WELL EVERYONE

Before you start playing go to the Options Menu and click on the word HELP and you will see that you get scored for everything you do including losing points ... alternatively I have quoted the list in my post under Your Comments and Reviews so make sure you read them in one place or another.

Cherb

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on Oct 13, 10 1:11 AM
Ya - and MrMotto already bought it. Maybe he can get a credit for false advertising. Notice how bright and clear the preview images are.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 13, 10 1:38 AM
Well then Cherbtoo, this game has nothing going for it. I am also waiting to see what MrMotto has to say. I hope he can get his money back.

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Oct 13, 10 2:09 AM
mihillbillie wrote:I have been waiting for a good HOG and I thought -The Institue-A Becky Brogan Adventure- was going to be the One. But, I had to quit playing after 10 min. Surprised I lasted that long. Items a so small, even with help I couldn't see them. Gave me a headache just looking for that short time.
Sorry it isn't for me. I'll just have to keep waiting I guess.
i agree the object you cant find finding the teddys a pain not for me sorry we need somthing better besstan

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Oct 13, 10 2:12 AM
CasualGran wrote:
Catghost wrote:While downloading The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure, I got a warning from my anti-virus program.
It states that the threat is probably an unknown NewHeur_PE virus.

What should I do? This is the first time I've seen this. Help?

What I would do is make my anitvirus scan the computer and reinstall the demo after that. Good Luck!

Thanks, CasualGran. Turned out to be a false positive.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Oct 13, 10 2:32 AM
i lasted only 10 minutes too..how can you NOT find a television?...i could not!!!...as other fishies have said, the items are very small and the scenes are a bit fuzzy, i was hoping to last a bit longer,,,but...no..and, finding the bears...WHAT bears...lol x x

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 2:33:03 AM PST

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on Oct 13, 10 2:33 AM
I don't think someone should get their money back because they purchased a terrible game, such as this one. Especially since they purchased it before even playing the demo. That's just my opinion. Am I wrong in my thinking ?

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Oct 13, 10 2:48 AM
The story and the **** just make no sense, I can't even find the air-plane? how small can that damn air-plane should be that I cannot find it? Not to worry, I sense these is a CE coming up very very soon, an exciting one.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 13, 10 2:53 AM
fstar wrote:I don't think someone should get their money back because they purchased a terrible game, such as this one. Especially since they purchased it before even playing the demo. That's just my opinion. Am I wrong in my thinking ?

I think you are. Look the guy is a new fishie! Give him a break. When I first joined I made the same mistake of not doing a trial on every game no matter what. It's a horribly conceived game with poor graphics (that someone pointed out are misrepresented in the cut scenes on the home page) and the reviews for it are almost 100% negative.....c'mon.........have a heart
Have a nice day,
Dr.good
p.s. I mean,who is going to be hurt if they give the guy a game credit. He would really appreciate it and it would give him a positive feeling toward ! There would be no losers.

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 3:08:05 AM PST

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on Oct 13, 10 2:56 AM
fstar - I played at least 5 screens of this game. Not one was even remotely readable. I have bought games based on the preview shots shown, without trying it out first. I say what is shown in the preview shots is NOT representative of this game. They should have included at least one of the dark screen shots. Seems to me they delibrately left them out, knowing the general opinions of games that are hard to see. MrMotto should get a refund, and everyone else who bought this game. Call it a protest. Maybe then BFG will stop putting out this kind of garbage.

Go to: