cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 13, 10 1:07 AM
OK I lasted two scenes into this game and I'm sorry but I am not going to play any more because I, personally, do not like this style of graphics as it makes some of the objects hard to see ... I have used four hints already .

Another reason not to buy is that it tells you there are three types of Spot The Difference puzzle, I absolutely loathe, hate and detest those .

Yet another reason is that I, personally, do not like the idea of being scored for everything I do but it might encourage some of the TM players to try the game and I assume that is why they came up with the idea.

Score Points

Item Found +1
Tool Found +2
Clue Found +5
Bear Found +10
Scene Solved +20
Puzzle Piece Placed +1
Puzzle Solved + 30

LOSE Points

Bear used to recharge hint -10
Hint used to find item -5

There is supposed to be a bear of some sort or another hidden in all the scenes except the puzzles but even with my magnifying glass I did not see where it was hidden in the motel room .

To those that like this game I say, have fun and enjoy but alas it is not a game for me and gets a .

Cherb

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 1:12:56 AM PST

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure

[Post New]by tillybaby on Oct 13, 10 1:10 AM
This isn't a game for me either I'm afraid, it's just too straight forward with no puzzles etc. It feels like we're going back to the early days of hidden object games when that was all you had to do. In those days I must admit I loved them but after playing what seems like hundreds I surely don't want another one.

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 13, 10 1:13 AM
This thread has been stickied to include future comments and reviews of fishies regarding this game.

Feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 13, 10 1:20 AM
Pfiuuuuuuuuu !!!! Downloading it and wanted to get an idea with other fishies comments. That doesn't sound too great. I'm in a desperate need of a new, great game and will not buy any kind of silly game, will let you know.

Maclin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Maclin on Oct 13, 10 1:22 AM
It's a terrible game
Scene after scene of Hidden Object, and the graphics are bad.
I lasted into 3rd scene, not for me I'm afraid
Mac

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Oct 13, 10 1:31 AM
This game looked so promising, but I am afraid I am going to have to join in with the naysayers. Boring HOG and bad graphics do not a good game make!

[Post New]by briteredlips on Oct 13, 10 1:32 AM
I had high hopes for this game. Sorry, no go. Really poor graphics. Better luck next time for me.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Oct 13, 10 1:33 AM
It is a straight HOG. Just played for 10 minutes and deleted the game.
Graphics is not that good and that makes finding the objectes very difficult

Nouni

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Oct 13, 10 1:55 AM
tillybaby wrote:This isn't a game for me either I'm afraid, it's just too straight forward with no puzzles etc. It feels like we're going back to the early days of hidden object games when that was all you had to do. In those days I must admit I loved them but after playing what seems like hundreds I surely don't want another one.

I agree, Tillybaby. Looks like another "bummer" of a week for BFG.

[Post New]by Littleswimmer on Oct 13, 10 2:02 AM
I, too, vote thumbs down for this one! Deleted it before 30 minutes were up. And I LOVE hogs!!! Bad graphics and hard to find objects made it a no buy for me.

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Oct 13, 10 2:07 AM
I stuck it out through the entire demo - just waiting for something good. The graphics were blurry in spots and too dark in others. I agree with a previous review - I kept clicking until I accidentally hit the write spot. There are several versions of "find the differences" within this game. The places where we needed to use a tool were obvious and silly. I think I need a bright, colorful tropical island HOG - these dark games are depressive.

[Post New]by ZippyDoo51 on Oct 13, 10 2:19 AM
It is a no buy for me,what a disappointing game, straight HOG, too much searching for hidden objects I cannot see. Not enough puzzles or adventure.
I also do not have a full screen view of the game, (Two black lines on either of screen)
Hopefully there will be a better game tomorrow.
To all straight HOG players enjoy

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Oct 13, 10 2:29 AM
oh!la!la!ala!
one more!on a scale of 5 stars ,it is 1 1/2 for me!no interesting puzzles,no interesting story,and no interest to find the 1001 lamp bulb or shoe or anything else having nothing to do with story !
my god!what has happened to our beloved pond,is felix gone on holidays?i think he has lost the keys of the house!!!!!

nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by nameplater on Oct 13, 10 2:56 AM
I lasted 30 minutes. Graphics are grainy. Items next to impossible to see and sometimes the item just looks like a blob.

There is a bear hidden in each scene. I found 2 by accident just by clicking around. Missed one completely in another scene. As Cherb stated in her review, you are penalized pts for using a hint. And even more pts if you use a bear.

Too much squinting and leaning into the screen for me. Do not need that kind of strain on my eyes.

This is my opinion. Give it a try and make your own decision.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 13, 10 2:59 AM
Ugly graphics, point system is not for me, run of the mill HOG. I could go on but I think everyone has already elaborated on all of the negative aspects of this game. If you have read all of these posts and are still considering this game then by all means download the trial and check it out. Maybe it's your cup of tea.
Have a wonderful day!
Dr.good

[Post New]by missillusioned on Oct 13, 10 3:32 AM
Haha! Sounds like I might actually like this game! I love a great straight forward HOG that I can compete with myself in! Have yet to find anything that compares to Yard sale:hidden treasures! I'll give it a go once I have fast internet again and see what graphics are like

bellamily
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bellamily on Oct 13, 10 3:38 AM
I was in desperate need of a new HOG also so I went ahead and purchaced it. I really wish I hadn't! This game is terrible. I can't find the bears, the scenes are too dark, and there's no excitement. Thumbs down from me!!!

geezing
Catfish
Catfish
1,722 Posts

[Post New]by geezing on Oct 13, 10 5:00 AM
Agree with all of the above.
There is (spoiler) no penalty for multiple clicks, and what I wound up doing for the first 15 mins.

rumtmtiger
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by rumtmtiger on Oct 13, 10 5:02 AM
After reading all the above comments, I don't think I want to even bother to download the game.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Oct 13, 10 5:06 AM
Won't download. One look at screenshots said poor graphics. Comments here confirm that.

Go to: