bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Island: Castaway forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 14, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to The Island: Castaway forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Island: Castaway players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to The Island: Castaway forum

[Post New]by LadyNevaeh on Oct 14, 10 9:30 AM
When I click the link to download the game (Try It button), I get the 404 page not found message. Is the link not working for some reason or is it just me?

Mercy_red
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Mercy_red on Oct 14, 10 9:33 AM
Same happening with me :-(

[Post New]by kimmy8151 on Oct 14, 10 9:36 AM
Same problem here.

snaffins
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by snaffins on Oct 14, 10 9:38 AM
'try it' link not working for me either

[Post New]by Stoneys on Oct 14, 10 10:07 AM
Same problem for me too.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Oct 14, 10 10:10 AM
I have just gotten off of Live Chat with Customer Service, and they are working on it. All of the "higher ups" are in a meeting, but they will get this taken care of just as soon as possible!

Hang in there folks! They are working on it!

debrlee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by debrlee on Oct 14, 10 10:23 AM
ditto from above, hanging in there.

Adelda
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Adelda on Oct 14, 10 10:29 AM
i was wondering the same thing. i tried to download it and got a blank screen. and then the game was just gone from the list, so i assume they are working on it as we speak

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 14, 10 10:46 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in to let you know that it looks like the game was released ahead of schedule and is temporarily unavailable on our site. But please check back for its official release! Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

mcac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mcac on Oct 14, 10 12:46 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in to let you know that it looks like the game was released ahead of schedule and is temporarily unavailable on our site. But please check back for its official release! Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

And when is it scheduled for release?
I saw this game this morning (at work) and when I came back home, ready to download it, I couldn't.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Oct 14, 10 1:38 PM
again - got the 404 error link can not find. and i can not find it in the listings of games either. i looked under strategy/large file/home page/ and nothing. not listed anywhere. but after the error page a big fish page came up and it said they are hiring. maybe that is the problem. no workers. it takes longer and longer for techs to answer my emails. one time i even got " Ireland" to answer an email.

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 1:42:47 PM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Oct 14, 10 1:55 PM
The game has not officially been released yet (it was mistakenly listed), so the demo does not work right now.

Mudrock's post this Monday said it should be out this week, so hopefully in the next couple of days... and hopefully not as a soft release, for I've heard a lot about this game!

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Oct 14, 10 7:11 PM
I bought it, and it's running, but I guess that is the only way to be assured of having it.

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Oct 17, 10 3:37 AM
What happens if you bought it already through Bigfish? I did as soon as it was released. If there are problems will they get seen to? Also do we have to uninstall it? I don't want to do that

[Post New]by beachybums on Oct 17, 10 12:32 PM
Wrote them and asked for my credit back as I do not want to wait for them to release this game and want to use my credit for something I can play. I will wait to hear from them to see if this is corrected. I bought the morning it came out but did not have time to finish the download until I got home from work and then was not able to do so. I went ahead and paid the full price at other site just so I could have it to play this weekend! I love the game so much! I do feel they need to help us that paid and can not play from this site.

[Post New]by Survivor007 on Oct 18, 10 6:28 PM
I have alrealdy bought the game. What should I do now?

mcac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mcac on Oct 20, 10 5:58 AM
Hey, It's there!!!!
it's "tomorrow's game"!!!!!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 20, 10 6:21 AM
And it stinks. Next.

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Oct 20, 10 8:20 AM
Hmmmm... pondering how this is 'tomorrows' game when I already purchased it, last week! Have I really gone so loony my brain is playing tricks? LOL

I love the game. A little on the 'travelling the map' over load (wish a 'click spot on map' to move around were there) ... otherwise, there's action, complexity and challenge. Quite fun!

Would like to know why it's being sold twice as a new game, though.
Just curious!

Go to: