bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 14, 10 1:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 14, 10 2:13 AM
I've been having a fine old time with this game but seem to have hit a glitch. I went to play the intercom mini game at the hotel and I couldn't move the buttons. I then waited for the skip button to charge, hit that and lost my inventory, menu bars etc. Couldn't even exit out of the game! Not good for a CE!!

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 14, 10 2:32 AM
As much as I was loving this game, I hit a serious glitch. After the tree fell down onto the bridge I could not back out toward the area with the car. I could only go forward once to the dead end, and back once to the bridge where the sound of the tree falling would repeat again. Not CE standards.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 14, 10 3:56 AM
Thanks, think I'll wait on the rebuild or patch...... and maybe the SE.
Have a good 'un'
Dr.good

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Oct 14, 10 4:17 AM
Have car keys but am stuck where the tree fell down onto a bridge. I cannot back out toward the area with the car. I can only go forward to the dead end, and back to the bridge where the sound of the tree falling would repeat again. Will have to start over with new profile to see if it happens again. Seems to be a "glitch" right at that point.

Sarwyn
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Sarwyn on Oct 14, 10 4:20 AM
katejoe999 wrote:I've been having a fine old time with this game but seem to have hit a glitch. I went to play the intercom mini game at the hotel and I couldn't move the buttons. I then waited for the skip button to charge, hit that and lost my inventory, menu bars etc. Couldn't even exit out of the game! Not good for a CE!!

Same thing happened to me. I have not tried to hit the skip button yet, since I don't want to lose my acievement...

MAMA199
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by MAMA199 on Oct 14, 10 4:36 AM
Was having a good time till I hit a glitch. When retrieving the clock hands from the diary in the hotel room, it only counted a 1 out of 4 instead of 2 as the strategy guide says. So after getting the other 2 hands it only counts as 3/4 and will not let me proceed to the mini game. I have tried this 2X with different profiles and it happened both times. Help.

[Post New]by becky_ball_uk on Oct 14, 10 4:56 AM
I'm having the same poblem, can't get to the car after the tree collapsed! Grr

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 14, 10 5:24 AM
I have no technical issue. Just to say that I am now on the tram after the car keys etc. No glitch on mine. Hope all of you can get this sorted soon.

warp35
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by warp35 on Oct 14, 10 5:40 AM
The game is about 90 % through its "activation" part when it stopped. A screen came up and asked me if I was connected to the internet, of which I am, or it said that Big Fish was having technical difficulties....that was over an hour ago and still the game is frozen at 90%. I am not down loading the trial , I went and bought the game.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 14, 10 5:50 AM
warp35 wrote:The game is about 90 % through its "activation" part when it stopped. A screen came up and asked me if I was connected to the internet, of which I am, or it said that Big Fish was having technical difficulties....that was over an hour ago and still the game is frozen at 90%. I am not down loading the trial , I went and bought the game.

I have come across this a couple of times, I am always connected to the internet. I come out of the game manager, restart my computer and then it has worked. Could be I was lucky. Also, how about trying the trial even though you have bought it, then activate later if the trial works? Hope this helps

jeannieD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jeannieD on Oct 14, 10 8:21 AM
I was LOVING this game, when I got trapped in the corridor. I went into the first search scene, and found everything, now I can't back out of the search scene! All of the items have been found, and the item list will not go down either! can't access my inventory, what to do??????

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 14, 10 8:25 AM
major bummer....i got the tree falling down glitch......grrrrrr.....cmon devs fix this. has anyone replayed to see if it happens again

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 14, 10 8:37 AM
Hi fishies,

Just a quick question to those of you having issues with the falling tree.

Myself and another fishy here in the office have gone through a good bit of the game and once you have taken the hood ornament and acquired the lever, you no longer need to be at the car scene. The tree will collapse and you will go right twice to reach the tram.

So are the fishies having trouble with the tree not able to progress to the tram, are they missing an item...etc?

Let me know in your responses

bfgImbrium

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 14, 10 8:40 AM
i dont see a hood ornament or lever....no searh scenes nothing...only inventory item is care keys, hint says open car door

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 14, 10 8:46 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hi fishies,

Myself and another fishy here in the office have gone through a good bit of the game and once you have taken the hood ornament and acquired the lever, you no longer need to be at the car scene. The tree will collapse and you will go right twice to reach the tram.

So are the fishies having trouble with the tree not able to progress to the tram, are they missing an item...etc?

bfgImbrium

the lever and ornament scenes are after you get the car keys from the manhole cover area (as this area is where you get the keys to open the car door)
after you leave area where the manhole, ladder to the tree and what looks like a cave blocked by rocks and return back one scene to bridge area, a tree falls and then the only places are back where you just came from

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 14, 10 8:48 AM
bella81762 wrote:i dont see a hood ornament or lever....no searh scenes nothing...only inventory item is care keys, hint says open car door

Once you have the car key you need to go over to the car and zoom into the left door, pop the key on the lock to open the door and you'll see the **** scene. After that you get the car logo and once you zoom into the car hood you can take the lever.

Has the tree collapsed before you had a chance to complete any of these actions?

bfgImbrium

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 14, 10 8:49 AM
bella81762 wrote:
bfgImbrium wrote:Hi fishies,

bfgImbrium

the lever and ornament scenes are after you get the car keys from the manhole cover area (as this area is where you get the keys to open the car door)
after you leave area where the manhole, ladder to the tree and what looks like a cave blocked by rocks and return back one scene to bridge area, a tree falls and then the only places are back where you just came from

Thanks for the extra details

bfgImbrium

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 14, 10 8:59 AM
I have a different issue. I did not go in the same direction as the strategy guide. I am at Chapter 4. I do not have the injector for the monster. I went to the mailbox as soon as I got off the train. I have done the piano key and everything else. I have a hammer, nails and a plank in my inventory. I took the postcard from the mailbox and listened to the bear. I did not see the key. When I pulled away from the mailbox it shut down. i.e. I cannot go back in to it. No magnifying glass or anything. Is this a glitch or have I really missed something? Please, please help. I am now going to re-start under a different profile if I can, whilst waiting for a response from someone. Thank you.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 14, 10 9:07 AM
gonna try to start again and get the car key as soon as possable and see if it happens again

Go to: