stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

too easy``

[Post New]by stevieferr on Oct 14, 10 4:14 PM
just too easy to be a collectors edition you can pick hidden objects without looking at the list just by picking the obviously hidden items and things that appear more than once ,buttons feathers butterflies etc..................maybe Ive just played too many,the beginning,crowbar to open door cant get into cellar cos its too dark its a copy of several earlier bigfish games and all the keys have attached keyrings in the shape of what they fit,as for the puzzles just too easy.............come on Bigfish get your finger out and get some games that take less than a few hours to finish

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:too easy``

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 14, 10 5:42 PM
It is definitely, totally easy, but I am having such a great time playing it... Normally I wouldn't go for a game like this (referring to the difficulty level) quite so much but the story is so entertaining and the HOG scenes are pretty darned good ones... Also, it's kind of nice to ace the mini games without a break in stride and just keep on truckin' along. I don't know... I am just having so much fun!! I can't explain it either....

shadowfax

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 5:44:02 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 14, 10 10:22 PM
Yes it would have been nice to have the choice of difficulty levels as in the case of many games - a lot of "hand-holding" here.
This seems to be very "linear" in light of some of the problems people have had when they haven't picked up all of the required items in various scenes and seemingly haven't been able to go back to the scene ... so if you have completed all of the predictable and expected actions, you continue on.
So far I have it seems (though I have not yet completed the trial period).
It follows the "formula" for a good IHOG game about which many posters have commented in the forums - a lot like the music of Demis Roussos - find the correct formula for a hit! I am not a music critic here and do not mean to offend any of his followers, but he was one of the first to openly admit he had "found the formula".
Maybe the difficulty level also changed due to comments from beta testing. I don't know, I wasn't one of them. Again, no offense implied or intended.
That said, I am enjoying it so far after such a long "drought" of my style of games.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Oct 14, 10 10:48 PM
I agree...I would have liked a difficulty degree so I could get rid of the sparkly things. That said, I'm enjoying the game, and got to chapter 5 without skipping a puzzle (for once!) then the game froze on the record and I had to skip it

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 15, 10 1:05 AM
A difficulty setting would be great, but is very hard to implement. It would still be ok for the hidden object scenes where you could just ask for a different set of objects.
But to make different levels for the adventure gameplay? Back then Monkey Island did something like that, but I think it only ended in omitting some puzzles in easier mode.

Back to topic: It is pretty easy and straightforward, but as long as there is something interesting going on it's ok for me.

too easy``

[Post New]by istiaia on Oct 15, 10 1:07 AM
stevieferr wrote:just too easy to be a collectors edition you can pick hidden objects without looking at the list just by picking the obviously hidden items and things that appear more than once ,buttons feathers butterflies etc..................maybe Ive just played too many,the beginning,crowbar to open door cant get into cellar cos its too dark its a copy of several earlier bigfish games and all the keys have attached keyrings in the shape of what they fit,as for the puzzles just too easy.............come on Bigfish get your finger out and get some games that take less than a few hours to finish

[Post New]by istiaia on Oct 15, 10 1:10 AM
too easy I dont agree have you solve all the puzzles ?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 15, 10 1:17 AM
istiaia wrote:too easy I dont agree have you solve all the puzzles ?

I agree istiaia, it is not too easy for everyone. I DID have to get help from the startegy guide a couple of times, but so far have done 20+ puzzles without skipping.

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 15, 10 1:28 AM
Of course it depends on the player. But compare this to the puzzles in RTR!
I only used the strategy guide once to find that stupid "scales" symbol on the ball in a hidden object scene. I just did not see that. ^^

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Oct 15, 10 2:01 PM
yep done all the puzzles,they are just rehashes of all other puzzles in other games,I suppose its like most things there are only so many ways to do something

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Oct 15, 10 2:03 PM
I have to agree though that its a fun game to play and thankfully i have a couple more games to play so can wait till it comes out at the cheaper price and i can use a game credit to buy it

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Oct 15, 10 2:24 PM
Some of the puzzles towards the end of the game were somewhat difficult. I took my time with the game because the graphics were so much fun. I plan to play the game over again this weekend.

Jeeepers
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

Re:too easy

[Post New]by Jeeepers on Oct 15, 10 2:28 PM
What is RTR?

Jeeepers
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by Jeeepers on Oct 15, 10 2:52 PM
Return to Ravenhurst?

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Oct 15, 10 4:16 PM
yes Return to Ravenhurst and if you haven't played it download it right now. IMHO it is still one of the best.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 15, 10 8:24 PM
Well I just said it on another thread, but sounds like some think that CEs should be only granted to the more advanced adventurers. Leave out the more casual players or those just wanting more linear flowing games with good entertainment?

Sometimes production values compensate for difficulty or lack of, like excellent artwork and hopefully some humor and laughs along the journey. Some will always be disappointed, others are delighted with this game like I am. What a breath of fresh air, and will still take me twice as long to play as most $6.99 games lately. Then maybe after being entertained I'll have time to go back and tackle some I never could finish when brainfog wasn't fun anymore. That is, if life doesn't interrupt me again and I forgot where I was when I resume some time later totally lost.

When something is too easy for me, time flies and it may be because it was too much fun that someone else is missing out on.

dogden2
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by dogden2 on Oct 16, 10 3:03 PM
i think big fish has some brainic games if you think this is easy. thank you, some people want ce and if big fish doesn't sell them they buy them on other site. like i am buying hotel ce on sandlot. and i brought fiction fixer ce on spintop. that was money out of big fish pocket and in spintop and sandlot. is that what you guys want.

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 6:52:33 AM PST

Go to: