This game has been removed

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

This game has been removed

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Oct 14, 10 5:12 PM
Please see this thread. An update would have been welcome, BFG!

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/121983.page#2395711

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 1:40:43 PM PST

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:This game has been removed

[Post New]by LynneMD on Oct 16, 10 12:10 PM
No it doesn't work, Mr Russ, that's why I'm so angry....It let's you purchase the game, but not download it...I've just this minute tried it, and there is still a "technical difficulty".

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 16, 10 12:35 PM
My apologies.

We need a mod update here and the Buy now button should be deactivated until the game becomes available again.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 12:36:53 PM PST

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Oct 16, 10 12:51 PM
Yes, it should have been deactivated, and the mods have been conspicously absent on this issue, and there are a few posts on this subject with no official response...and there should be an alert on the game page as well...informing customers who have the game, truthfully what the issue is...we work around glitchy games all the time lately...perhaps you should change the title of your post as well, since it is (unintentionally) misleading.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Oct 16, 10 12:56 PM
I had no idea this game had been removed. I bought it over a year ago and did not finish it so I uninstalled with plans to finish at a later date.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 16, 10 1:40 PM
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to pop in to let you all know that we are hoping for this game's awaited return and once more information is released about this, we will post in the Game Forum.

I'm going to go ahead and sticky this conversation so that other players are aware. If you need help with the purchase of this game, please contact Customer Support.

To do this, you can click on the green envelope to the right, then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Oct 16, 10 1:47 PM
Well, that's how Pearly discovered it, she went to play the game on a new computer,and then posted the problem...I bought the game last night, so that's why I'm so angry....they are knowingly selling a game that there are "contractual problems" with (although there have been a lot of explanations apparently, some contradictory). Previous buyers weren't informed properly beforehand,and there was no way to keep the game purchase they made safe (DRM free, that is), and we have no guarantee that we can get it back...and for me this is the second time a game has been pulled, and that's just unacceptable...so it looks like we are buying an indefinite game RENTAL not purchase...

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 16, 10 2:16 PM
The apparent contradiction is contract vs technical but they relate to different things.

The game has been pulled for contractual reasons.

If you try and download the game it fails with a technical error as the game isn't found on the server.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 16, 10 3:34 PM
We really don't know what the problem is, do we? BFG has not come forward and said that it is a contractual issue--this is only Mr. Russ's conjecture. With all due respect, this is all we have been told:

we are hoping for this game's awaited return and once more information is released about this, we will post in the Game Forum.

Not that the game will be returned, not when the game will be returned, only that THEY hope the game will be returned.

I try very hard not to be insistent and I rarely enter into debatable topics, however, I find this deliberate condensension to the strong sentiments expressed in this matter rather bothersome.

I mean, really--someone in CS told one person this...another person in CS told someone else that...a moderator is now saying something else. Would it be possible for someone in authority to speak to the membership and tell EVERYONE exactly what is going on so everyone hears the same story? And could it be something with some real meat to it?...Please???

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 16, 10 3:48 PM
Not just my conjecture. Please read tayers81's posts.

tayers81 wrote:I absolutely agree! I heard back from CS and was told it was due to contractual obligations...this means nothing to me. I purchased the game and I should still be able to play it. I understand "contractual obligations" impeding BFG from selling new copies to people trying to buy the game, but it should have no bearing on those that already purchased the game.
tayers81 wrote:I got another reply from a nice lady with CS--she stated that this "contractual obligation" issue was with Dracula 3 only and that as far she knew none of the other games by this developer should be affected by this.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 4:01:05 PM PST

nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by nameplater on Oct 16, 10 5:34 PM
"I'm going to go ahead and sticky this conversation so that other players are aware. If you need help with the purchase of this game, please contact Customer Support."
(excerpt from mod's post)

Need help with the purchase of this game... why would I purchase a game that is not available??
The whole point of purchasing a game is to play it.

[Post New]by AugustusPoirot on Oct 16, 10 9:50 PM
I purchased this game in April and after that my hard drive was almost full, so I purchased an exterior drive and have been downloading my NEW games there. I contacted CS to find out how to get my OLD games on my exterior drive. She said the only thing I could do was uninstall them and then reinstall them.

I own almost 400 games purchased from BFG, so you can imagine what a long procedure that would be. So, she advised me that the safest thing I could do was to leave all the games I was not ready to play soon on the BFG server. This included Dracula 3.

Well, about a week ago I finished Dracula Origin which I purchased here. This morning I finished Dracula 2 which I purchased at another site, and tonight I was ready to begin Dracula 3. Imagine my ANGER when I tried to download it from your server. I OWN this game. WHEN did you plan to notify me that a game I OWN no longer belongs to me?

I have been a BFG member for over a year, but as of tonight I pull my membership and I vow never to purchase a game from BFG again. This is my first post in a BFG forum since April due to the unfair and childish censorship your CEO allows the mods to exercise. I refuse to accept censorship for any reason other than foul language and flaming. But to remove a post because it mentions a game that BFG DOES NOT EVEN OFFER is ridiculous and intolerable to me.

Therefore, you can consider this my last contact of any kind with BFG, that is until after I have used my 15 free coupons and 3 credits plus the $20 I expect which will allow me to purchase Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon from another, much better site than this one. TO BE CONTINUED.

[Post New]by AugustusPoirot on Oct 16, 10 10:00 PM
I understand that my post here will be removed, but I do hope that it will remain long enough for SOME of the POOR PEOPLE who still think that BFG is the wonderfrul enterprise it was when I first became a member a year ago. It is a real shame that the ownership has made a choice to make profit the number one priority, when it used to be customer satisfaction.

I own more than 750 games now, and as new ones become available I intend to continue to purchase more. BUT IF THE ONLY PLACE I CAN PURCHASE THE GAME IS AT BFG, I WILL NOT HAVE THAT GAME IN MY COLLECTION. I sever all ties with BFG as of RIGHT NOW.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 16, 10 11:31 PM
If only 5% of folks use the forums then stickying this is helpful to only that 5% that HAPPEN to read the game forum BEFORE they try to download the game- which is probably 0.001%

Proper notification by email is the proper business protocol if you want to claim fame to excellent customer service- otherwise this puts you in the poor to average class.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 11:32:40 PM PST

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Oct 17, 10 6:09 AM
What exactly does "stickying" this thread mean? I had to go to my profile posts to find it again...How does this differ from any other thread?

[Post New]by freelance52 on Oct 17, 10 6:29 AM
Hi.
I don't use the forums usually - not until I have a problem! But I had a problem accessing The Island Castaway after I bought it last week and then I found that forum and discovered this behaviour from BFG - to sell a game and then deny the customer access to it! Then I found the issue over Dracula 3 and read that forum. I am shocked by what BF has done.
I sent a message today to customer services expressing my shock and anger over what is clearly a breach of contract - by BFG against its paying customers- in respect of the issue of the purchase of a game; and a clear breach of trust in that customers now know that ANY game that they have in their purchase history can be blocked without warning/notification or explanation by BF at any time, despite the 'promise' by BF that once a customer has purchased a game it remains theirs forever.
Now I have thought about it again. This issue of breach of trust is a really important issue. So I have sent a second email to customer services asking them to refund the purchase price I paid for the 6 game club credits I still have (5 plus the 1 I used to buy The Island Castaway) and take the credits back. I feel that there is no point in my using the credits to buy games if my access to them can be removed by BF as and when they wish without even any notification from them. Trust matters, people.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 17, 10 6:30 AM
LynneMD wrote:What exactly does "stickying" this thread mean? I had to go to my profile posts to find it again...How does this differ from any other thread?

When you "sticky" a post, it remains right at the top of the forum where all will see it, rather than gradually getting bumped down to the bottom of the page or to page two, three, etc., due to newer posts having been added to or started.

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Oct 17, 10 7:12 AM
Thanks for the info, Howatch...I don't want this issue to disappear, so customers understand that BigFish can withdraw any game at any time...you only think you own it, apparently...they can take it away whenever they want, without prior notice and without explanation. This isn't the first time they've done it, and I'm furious.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Oct 17, 10 7:16 AM
How disturbing. Tell me, those of you who lost access to a game you had purchased, when you complained to BFG, did they give you a game credit?

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Oct 17, 10 7:26 AM
Yes, they give game coupons like its going out of style, but you have to buy the game somewhere else, if you can find it....BUT....you don't necessarily know when your game has been withdrawn, because you're not informed....and this isn't the first time they have removed games without notice...and the ability to continue to buy these games is still active....Island Castaway is also unable to download, but you can purchase it....
Edit: With these kind of business practices, I don't want to continue to purchase, I want my money back....so I could purchase the game I want somewhere else...

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 7:29:15 AM PST

Go to: