lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove info and speculation!

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Nov 16, 09 12:37 PM
I think all I can say is wow I haven't been trying to decipher the screen shots cause I don't have any programs that would help. Plus you all are doiing such a great job. I'm sad that the game crashed but only a little with how Picman was teasing us

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 16, 09 12:39 PM
I get you now, Emmyjayne.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 16, 09 12:46 PM
On the bookshelf is a copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Just picked up on it.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 16, 09 1:29 PM
Thanks PurpleRabbit and AnnBy. I'm not computer savvy enough to tell if it was the computer or the game

skingman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by skingman on Nov 16, 09 2:00 PM
Thank you sunfish and kckvic for the welcome, isn't all this speculation fun? Most of it is over my head, but I catchup sooner or later.

MandaPanda421
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by MandaPanda421 on Nov 16, 09 2:05 PM
Hey I'm new to the forums, and I know this has probably been answered already but, what were the answers to Picman's clues???

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 16, 09 2:13 PM
Hi Manda Panda
a lot of the answers to the clues are in these pages.
I can't find what page it's on but I do remember that
Emmyjayne got a lot of them correct

MandaPanda421
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by MandaPanda421 on Nov 16, 09 2:15 PM
thanks sunfish, I'll look for them.

jbentley
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by jbentley on Nov 16, 09 2:27 PM
I have been trying to study the picture of the bookshelf....I think water is a defenite factor in the storyline. I thought from the beginning that the faces in the teaser video looks like they are under ice...now there are several fishing and skating book titles, as well as Alice in Wonderland. Alice wenth through the looking glass.
Could there be something in the water or a portal in the water? ? Or maybe near the water??

What do you all think?

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 16, 09 2:37 PM
Jdbentley intresting .
Water .. What did Picman say blair witch / the shining/ The ring
The ring... she was in a well ?????

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Nov 16, 09 3:07 PM
Okay, I will admit that I have not been keeping up with the speculation about the new MCF game. I looked at the pictures when they were first announced and have not been back since...been too busy playing...lol. Having said that, I just watched the video...it looks spooky!! Can't wait!!

jbentley
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by jbentley on Nov 16, 09 3:15 PM
Sunfish: This is what I discovered. I searched about the movies and here is the gist of them. The Blair Witch Project is about 3 filmakers hike into the hills to film a documentary about a local legend: a hermit who
kidnapped and killed 7 kids in the basement of his home. He turned himself in and blamed it on the Blair Whitch from the 18th century. A fisherman warns the students that the woods are haunted. They find an old cemetary with 7 small Cairns (piles of stones). They filmed this experience and you are watching ther videos of them.

The Ring is about watching a cursed videotape....A girl watched the tape and her best friend was killed, and she was put into mental hospital. Sister of dead girl is reporter and she starts to investigate her sister's death. She goes to a cabin where the video was watched...There is an inn that has a well under the floor.

The shining is about a resort that is closed for the winter, with snow...deals with possession.

So... does this tell us anything?? Does this help with what we all have now?

gr8gonzo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by gr8gonzo on Nov 16, 09 3:51 PM
Some notes on the clipping -

It looks more like "Era" than "Age." Are we sure it says "Iron"?

"The (xxx) ruins were found..." appears to be
"The (xxx) (xxx) found..."
The singular tense "has" used later in the sentence suggests a single item.

"...has been put on display..."

"...during the Fall festival..." I think "festival" is actually "harvest."

All I know for certain is that my eyes hurt!

tat2s
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
441 Posts

[Post New]by tat2s on Nov 16, 09 4:02 PM
I wonder if MCF game releases are like Black Friday for

I wonder if the servers will be ready for us the day the game is released, lol

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Nov 16, 09 4:32 PM
jbentley wrote:

The shining is about a resort that is closed for the winter, with snow...deals with possession.

So... does this tell us anything?? Does this help with what we all have now?

One thing.... Maybe The Shining is a matter of perception. I read the book (movie didn't do it justice at all) and Jack wasn't possessed. Nothing took over him per se. He was seduced and/or told things (truth or not) and it lead to act the way he did. I think the story was Stephen King's idea of Cabin Fever going to an extreme.

Personally, I think at least one member of the group turns on the others.... like The Shining. Not possession, just gentle nudges over the deep end. Pretty easy to do if the people are already scared.

tat2s
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
441 Posts

[Post New]by tat2s on Nov 16, 09 4:43 PM
Sinsaint wrote:
jbentley wrote:

Personally, I think at least one member of the group turns on the others.... like The Shining. Not possession, just gentle nudges over the deep end. Pretty easy to do if the people are already scared.

that's a little bit scary! Like the Ring, what if we all start going cuckoo? Then again, with all the speculation, we may already be there!

Edited on 11/16/2009 at 4:44:16 PM PST

SheilaDee
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by SheilaDee on Nov 16, 09 5:26 PM
Picman, thanks for sharing the screenshots with us. The new game looks marvelous. Perhaps it's time for Pat Wiley to wade into the pond to give us some insight on the game from the perspective of the developers.

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 16, 09 5:27 PM
Hi Jdbentley
Great detectivework

This is how im thinking so far
What does Blair witch have n common with Dire Grove?

Videocameras fotage of people who disappear??

What does The Shining have in common with Dire Grove??

One person who turns one everyone , goes crazy, evil???/

What does The Ring have in common with Dire Grove???

Hm something from beyond who will make your life miserable or end your
life if you don't solve their riddle

Oh and one more thing maybe Dire Grove asks us to solve this or else
we are doomed

Edited on 11/16/2009 at 5:29:17 PM PST

SheilaDee
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by SheilaDee on Nov 16, 09 5:39 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:
Rose427 wrote:
Purplerabbit wrote:Oh, this is very interesting! Rose, I picked up on "The car won't start, it's too cold" also. Could this be audtions for the game?!

That is what I was wondering, I have no idea of what direction they could have taken this game, if not actual auditions and they were related could it be something to cause speculation.

Picman is silent....
Silence says many things, and Silence says nothing.

Those words were so true!
Rose, give me everything you remember!

Purplerabbit, I think your idea of gathering as much information that we can recall from the audition videos is a good one. The only thing I can recall is that during the 'Susan audition' Susan mentioned that the walkie talkies they were using came from the drawer in the house/office (I can't remember which she said). I remember this part of the audition because it struck me as being so expected in a hidden object game that someone would be rooting around in a drawer in a home that didn't belong to them, and I suspect the drawer probably contained a shell, fan, revolver, elephant and playing card.

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Nov 16, 09 5:40 PM
But Picman said (I don't know exact quote) it's Blair Witch meets The Ring meets The Shining meets..... well, Ravenhearst. I don't know if we've meet all the movie requirements, although I think we have if not we are very close. I personally think the The Shining is someone driven mad and The Ring has to be water where the evil has escaped from.

How does it meet Ravenhearst? Is it the graphics and general game play? Or will there be a hint to the Ravenhearst saga somewhere in the game.

Go to: