Senior Citizens sign in!!

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Sep 22, 17 9:39 AM
Sure wish we could continue playing after the goals have been met--just finished a game with 15 moves left over, plus 7 lightning bolts. I could have definitely racked up some resources !

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 22, 17 10:25 AM
Trav3lbird wrote:A quick word for those helpful people adding to the "requirements for monuments" thread. I guess you know but once you add a message it would be great if you could delete that message once the updates to the various cities are done then the thread will be much easier to read. Many thanks to the contributors, I'm sure lots of players are thankful for that advance notice!

Trav, I sent you a PM regarding this.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 22, 17 10:36 AM
This is a copy of my post this morning from the Resource Requirements for Monuments post.

We still need help with the earlier cities.

Sydney thru Berlin, Havana thru Dubai, Amsterdam thru Singapore, Prague, Venice and Moscow, these cities currently have no info.

Barcelona, Shanghai, L.A. Seoul, Marrakech, Bangkok, Athens, and New Delhi are in progress, if anyone has info about these cities please PM myself or trav3lbird, thanks.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Sep 22, 17 10:49 AM
GamingGrampa, just send a pm to Trav3elbird, unfortunately only with info on the last monument in Berlin. Have started Amsterdam, already passed first monument and forgot the requirements, but will keep note from now on.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 22, 17 3:42 PM
Thanks Loonz111.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Sep 22, 17 7:59 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:

A quick word for those helpful people adding to the "requirements for monuments" thread. I guess you know but once you add a message it would be great if you could delete that message once the updates to the various cities are done then the thread will be much easier to read. Many thanks to the contributors, I'm sure lots of players are thankful for that advance notice!

Perhaps it would be a good maintenance strategy for all of the common threads that have been started and are being maintained and updated by certain players. The threads the moderator's have transferred to the "Helpful Links for Gummy Drop" to provide the information to all and to have it locked up so it is easily accessed by everyone. Thus I have deleted any of my posts from the "Suggested Improvements for GD" and the "Completion Rewards" threads. Hope this helps to keep things as concise and tidy as possible.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 22, 17 9:41 PM
Thats a really good idea Glitter, I will do that too on the suggestions thread, and post a note there for other contributors to do that too. HOpe they all do, but have no control over individuals. There may be some contributors who have posted who may not go back and read it again. Can't be helped though.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 22, 17 9:50 PM
Hi Jules & glitter, that'll help a lot of folks find what they're looking for in those threads, without having to sift through the various comments.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Sep 22, 17 11:10 PM
Jules and Grampa,

I think if folks who posted on any of those threads took a second look and deleted their individual posts after ensuring their suggestion for improvement, completion reward information or required resources for monuments had been updated it would clean up the threads at least somewhat. I agree not everyone may read this thread or go back and delete anything but even if a few did it will make a difference. Trav and Grampa have also suggested folks could PM them with information regarding the resource requirements and they would update the thread. Either way it would be easier to read if kept as concise as possible. Time to call it a night for me I am trying to get through Barcelona and couldn't play much lately so am only at level 45 right now. Tomorrow is another day so hopefully I will progress further.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 22, 17 11:16 PM
I thought my eyes and memory were playing tricks on me in the wee hours this morning when I had a go at todays daily event. I have overall had a week of total rubbish daily events this week, far and away the worst week of them ever, and have NOT GOT ONE COMPLETED. They all had so many dreadful levels I just gave up night after night and didn't bother, waited till the next day etc. Anyway, fridays daily event for me was in Dublin. There were TWO of the levels on friday that I had no way I could get through them, so as per usual, dumped the idea. Saturdays one, IS THE SAME LEVELS in Dublin again. I thought it all seemed a bit familiar when I did the first two, but when I opened the 3rd level, I couldn't believe it, de ja vu, and the 4th, 5th and 6th were from the day before TOO. I don't think I have ever had this happen before. I sincerely hope this is not a trend, that if you don't finish the daily event, that it keeps being served up to you till you complete it and move on then they give you another city with different levels. VERY weird GD.

And I have been back to the suggestions thread and removed all earlier posts I could and the BIG first one, its reduced the pages from 5 (just into) down to 3. Makes it much easier to sift through, now all we need is others to remove their posts so the info is not doubled up too much.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Sep 22, 17 11:38 PM
Hey Jules,

That is terrific!! Did you by chance check out any other common threads you may have posted to and deleted those as well. Thinking of the "Completion Rewards" or the Resource Requirements" threads. Now I am really logging out and going to sleep. LOL

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 23, 17 7:38 AM
Jules, that reminds me of the threat my mother used when I was a kid, if I didn't eat my vegetables they would be waiting for me at breakfast! ?

I'm gonna wish you pleasant dreams as I imagine you will be heading off to bed soon.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 23, 17 7:52 AM
Yes Grampa, about to go to bed now, its nearly 1am, time for sleep. I think lots of parents made those sorts of threats if the kids didn't eat the veg. My mother always said if I ate my crusts I would have curly hair. She lied! I dont' have curly hair. And my sister used to hide the broad beans in her pockets so she didnt' have to eat them, then she would dispose of them later. She is much older than me, so I have only heard about this caper. Lucky, by the time I was on the scene, broad beans were off the menu (I hate them).

And Glitter, I did only make one post on the thread for rewards or could have been another like it, I will go back and find it later if I can, but it wasn't much. I don't personally need to worry about those as not only am I well past them and don't have to build those monuments etc, but I ship to the latest city am in and also therefore don't need to worry about levels to play for resources as they just keep accumulating in the previous cities from factories and i ship them, so all that defeats the need for those threads for me, but others make good use of them, and its great that they get so much help from them. Good night all.

nlphouston
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by nlphouston on Sep 23, 17 9:34 AM
Trav, Good idea to keep the information relevant. I have deleted my extraneous posts in Resources and Completion Rewards,

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 23, 17 12:33 PM
nlphouston wrote:Trav, Good idea to keep the information relevant. I have deleted my extraneous posts in Resources and Completion Rewards,

Thanks very much, hopefully if everyone does this then the threads will be easier to read.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Sep 24, 17 9:09 AM
Kailuaaunte, I agree and symphathize with jules and the answer re the sydney resource marts. I can't count the times I sat on my hands to avoid writing a much nastier answer to a question that had been answered a gazillion times before and which answers were recent and easily found!

And it is true, if Sydney is already a cost factor, New Orleans and LA are going to be ruinous. I am not as good and certainly not as patient as jules and the other longterm players and I readily confess to spending about 50$ when coins were on sale and I despaired in Seoul, but I am now in Queensland with a comfortable 65k in the bank. But when Sydney already requires heavy spending, I think a straight answer is justified before the game starts to really eat away at the budget. GD is not for everyone...

Edited on 09/24/2017 at 9:10:52 AM PST

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 24, 17 12:22 PM
Hi globetrotter, I agree with you that sometimes the direct approach is the correct one, I personally failed "politically correct 101" and I much prefer the straightforward approach rather than sugar coating. Case in point, glitter and I are battling our way through Barcelona and she's at odds with level 47, I'm dealing with 116 and we're both shaking our fists at the GD gods!

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Sep 24, 17 12:50 PM
@ g&g = grampa & glitter Good luck in Barcelona, it is a b.... of a city in this game, wonderful as it is in real life.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Sep 24, 17 12:52 PM
You are so right Grampa,

I do definitely get frustrated with the game and not only shake my fists but say some choice not so nice words as well when a level is very challenging to the point of being ridiculously difficult and it seems impossible to pass it. Luckily I am quite patient for the most part and very stubborn and know others were able to accomplish the level so I should be able to as well. I also have been very frugal in my spending so can buy a few boosts when needed to get through. I do agree that a direct approach in giving advice and stating your opinion would be fine with me as well. I often take Jules advice because that is what gets me through a level that is giving me problems. I know that Jules' heart is in the right place and I am sure she is not trying to lord her skills and abilities over anyone...she genuinely likes to assist other players and very honestly and succinctly voices her opinion without intention to hurt any ones feelings or dictate to them how to play the game or spend their money.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 24, 17 2:10 PM
Nice comeback on that one glitter, I definitely prefer to know how bumpy the road ahead is, rather than having someone blow sunshine up my posterior (that's a G-rated version of a line from the movie "Top Gun"). And jules is very good at expressing herself! And I imagine we'll be hearing from her shortly as it's a bit after 7am down in Aussie land.

Go to: