bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Secret Diaries: Florence Ashford technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 15, 10 1:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Secret Diaries: Florence Ashford technical issues here only

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Oct 15, 10 2:08 AM
My screen just has lines instead of pictures. This game is the only one that this has happened with. Have an ATI X1600 Radeon card that has had no troubles. I have adjusted the resolution up and down to no avail.

???

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 15, 10 2:13 AM

I have an ATI video card, as well. Some games just aren't compatible

Another example of this was "Aerie - Spirit of the Forest" - horizontal lines.

Edited on 10/15/2010 at 2:14:21 AM PST

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Oct 15, 10 2:19 AM
Same here as well.
Just colored lines. (looks like tv test pattern from years ago.) lol

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 15, 10 3:56 AM
Hi fishies,

One of the things you can try if you are having a display issue is to updates the display softwares our games use like Adobe Flash, Shockwave and DirectX.

You can find links to these updates in the following help page article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can also try temporarily disabling Aero and the above article also details these steps

Hope this helps,

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Oct 15, 10 6:05 AM
skip buttons inactive

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Oct 15, 10 6:22 AM
I got the lines too and it was hard as heck to get out of it. My adobe is up to date as of yesterday and I have never had this problem before. Adjusted resolution and no luck. Another blooper I suspect.

[Post New]by KatharinaRose on Oct 15, 10 9:14 AM
So I updated everything I was told to update, and all that stuff. Display is on high resolution. Still getting the chopped colored lines. I can tell its the game display, its just like it got shredded and not put back together right, if that makes sense. I wondered if it would help if it wasn't full screen, but I can't navigate to options to change that, so I don't know. Anyway, I hope this can be fixed, because I would like to play this game.

[Post New]by teacher123abc on Oct 15, 10 10:34 AM
My computer is updated as well and all I get are chopped up lines too. I have begun to expect this from Big Fish so I am not surprised this time.

rlppep
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by rlppep on Oct 15, 10 11:18 AM
I'm having the same problem, and it almost takes a complete shut down to make the game stop running. My computer is up to date, also.

[Post New]by Keelah on Oct 15, 10 11:44 AM
Same problem as others and system up to date. First game I have had this trouble with. At least can <ALT>+<TAB> and call up Task manager to stop the game.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Oct 15, 10 12:17 PM
Looks like my technical issue is different than all the others posted in this section.

I just tried to play the demo and I can get a clear picture when I enter the game BUT my cursor will not flow freely to all corners of the screen. It stops about 1 1/2 - 2 inches from the bottom, top and side edges. This occurred even before I hit PLAY, for, I had hoped to access OPTIONS in the main menu so that I could turn down the music and see if there was an option to turn off the custom cursor. I couldn't even make the cursor go low enough to click "options" because it was near the bottom of the screen.

When I hit PLAY and etered the game, I couldn't click on one of the hidden objects because it was near the edge of the screen. At that point, I wanted to go go back to the menu so I could EXIT the game, but couldn't do that because the menu button was near the bottom edge. I finally had to press the botton on my keyboard that causes programs to minimize. From there I finally managed to close the game.

My computer has been updated recently, so I'm puzzled about this problem. Guess a demo of this game was not meant to be!

Classicaljazz

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 15, 10 12:26 PM
Hey Fishies,

It looks like a number of you are having display issues. If you've already taken the troubleshooting steps in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix and let the rep know which steps you've already taken. This report will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information; it will only provide information related to helping your game work properly. It will be able to determine if any updates, repairs or adjustments are needed and the tech rep can walk you through them.

First, download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

To contact Tech Support, click on the green envelope , then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If an error message pops up telling you that the file is too big when attaching the report, try sending just the running processes, running services and the dxdiag. These are the most useful parts of the report that will help our rep.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by jstmeginger on Oct 15, 10 12:34 PM
i d/l the game and when it finished i clicked on to play it and my screen started flashing had to rebook to get it to stop and then tryed it again and it happen again what is up with bf here there games are sucking bad then the one from yesterday i d.l it and it downloaded it 3 times so i cant get it to work either i have hughesnet and they have a fair access policy so i cant keep downloading it i dont know if i want to keep BF any longer Thanks Teresa

[Post New]by jstmeginger on Oct 15, 10 1:14 PM
now my demo is all gone didnt even get to play the game whats up with this crap im really thinking about getting rid of BF because all i have been doing lately is having problems with them i pay to much a month then turn around and buy the games i like this really sucks

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Oct 15, 10 1:55 PM
I'm with you guys...seems like we get too many games with problems lately. Is Felix on vacation or did he go back to school or something? It seems like the games that appear to be really good (you'll never know because you can't play the demo), are the ones with the problems. I'm with you....about to dx BF.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Oct 15, 10 1:59 PM
re: the "fix" and report posted by arnostyx.....sounds like alot of work that you want us to do. Wouldn't it be easier for you guys to really run these games through their paces BEFORE you release them? Seems like there were alot less problems when you were only issuing one game a day, no previews of tomorrow and no collectors editions. I love BF but it is getting tiring.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Oct 15, 10 4:28 PM
This game has a glitch in the display, I am getting distorted lines. This is the only game this is happening so why would I make any changes in my computer? Must be isolated to this game. Time to move on.

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Oct 15, 10 5:39 PM
Happy to report that I updated shockwave, adobe flash, direct x, and my video card driver using the links from the mods email and the game works perfectly now. Previous to this I had tried to update the video card driver and the ATI site I found said that i had the latest. However the link from the BFG site took me to a newer one. Also, since I have reformatted my computer recently I assume, I did NOT have shockwave.

So thank you BFG.

Mouse381
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Mouse381 on Oct 15, 10 9:55 PM
caseymom wrote:re: the "fix" and report posted by arnostyx.....sounds like alot of work that you want us to do. Wouldn't it be easier for you guys to really run these games through their paces BEFORE you release them? Seems like there were alot less problems when you were only issuing one game a day, no previews of tomorrow and no collectors editions. I love BF but it is getting tiring.

I agree...Felix...Can you just go back to one game a day? Collectors Editions are not really helping me, because I wait for the regular version to come out.
I don't like the fact that the Collectors Editions cost $19.99 or $13.99 just because they come with a strategy guide. I pay $6.99 per month. I get the regular version, then if I get stuck in the game, I go to the walkthroughs or come to the forums. I am not going to pay an extra $7-$13 for help that I get for free here.
Also, I'm annoyed that when I try the Collectors Editions Demos, the demo ends with 35 mins left.
Appologies to the Collectors Editions Fans. I'm not trying to offend anyone.Just stating my feelings on the subject. I'll jump off my soapbox now.

Go to: