bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Great Migrations technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 15, 10 1:27 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Great Migrations technical issues here only

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Oct 15, 10 6:53 AM
I was excited to try this game, but it wont even start on my older computer. I will see if I can get it to run on a newer computer later, but I rarely buy games that don't work on my normal machine.

marlsmate
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by marlsmate on Oct 15, 10 9:02 AM
This is the first game I have tried that has failed to run. Re-installing has no effect either.

[Post New]by jewel1000 on Oct 15, 10 6:11 PM
same here won't run - never had this problem with a Big Fish Game before either

[Post New]by moosecollector on Oct 16, 10 7:12 AM
I can't get it to open either. This is the first time I've had this problem and it looks like others are having the same. So it must be the game itself. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, no luck. Can someone let us know what we should do?

[Post New]by ngsmike on Oct 17, 10 8:48 AM
Hey - sorry you folks are having issues! But sure to look through the help pages, but also make certain you're running at least the min spec machine:

CPU: Pentium 4 or faster

RAM: 512MB+

Direct X: 8.0+

O/S: XP/Vista/7

We chose these specs to make sure we have a satisfying game experience when there's a lot of action on screen. And there is always a lot of action on screen - plenty of animation and high-quality audio from the upcoming Great Migrations TV show!

[Post New]by FGE_Steve on Oct 18, 10 12:35 PM
Hi Folks,

My name is Steve and I work for the developer of Great Migrations. We would like to see if we can be of assistance helping you to get the game running on your PCs. So far it looks like fewer than 1 in 5,000 people who try the game are having this issue with the game not running, so it is rare. Regardless, we would like to get to the bottom of it.

One thing we did see in our quality assurance testing is that a few PCs that had video cards with outdated drivers did have trouble starting the game. These machines would generally display a completely black screen on start up. In each of the cases updating the video drivers resolved the problem. You can download drivers for Nvidia based video cards from http://www.nvidia.com, ATI video cards from http://support.amd.com, and Intel based video chipsets from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/.

We would also like to investigate this at our end and you can help us by describing in a bit more detail what happens when you try to launch the game. For example, does the screen just turn all black? Does anything at all happen or does you computer just sit there? Are there any error messages displayed?

Also if you can give us some more detail about your PC that would be helpful. What is your Windows Operating system (e.g. XP, Vista, Windows 7); the CPU type; how much RAM is installed; what type of video card does your computer have; and, if you know how to find out, can you tell us the version and date of the video driver. Whatever information you can provide will help us narrow down what the issue might be.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Pearsall
Floodgate Entertainment

[Post New]by druttasa on Oct 24, 10 2:52 AM
I ca't get it to run. Says "fatal sound error" and won't ever open.

[Post New]by FGE_Steve on Oct 25, 10 7:34 AM
druttasa wrote:I ca't get it to run. Says "fatal sound error" and won't ever open.

Hi Druttasa - Great Migrations expects to find a sound card installed on the system it is being run on and if it can't find a sound card driver installed it puts up that fatal sound error message.

However you can fool it into thinking that there is a sound card installed even if there isn't one installed by installing any sound card driver even if you don't have the same sound card installed. Most computers now a days do have sound support built right into the chips on the motherboard so if you go the website of the manufacturer of your computer, or if it is self built to the website of the manufacturer of the motherboard and download sound drivers from one of those websites.

Please let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Steve P
Floodgate Entertainment

[Post New]by peckey22 on Nov 29, 10 11:23 AM
This the first BFG I have ever got that does not work. I bought this as a Mac version but it only has a white screen after downloading. I have checked my specs (should work) and reinstalled several times still does not work. Would just like to get my money back.

Go to: