got cheated

[Post New]by pamj52 on Oct 15, 10 5:08 PM
I got cut off short when playing mystery tracker, i still had 13 minutes left, thats not right

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:got cheated

[Post New]by GirlPink on Oct 15, 10 5:16 PM
Just make sure when you down load the trial. any trial, what sort of trial it is. Some are an hour free, while others are just a sample version. The sample versions rarely last an hour but usually give a pretty good idea whether you'll like it or not. I have been caught by this before, and I felt exactly like you, cheated, but now I make sure I check when downloading so I know in advance.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:got cheated

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 15, 10 7:53 PM
I don't think the trials of any CEs give a full free hour, just a sample. That is better than back when there were no demos for them. The reasons given on prior threds made sense to those who are techie enough to understand the programming of long file interactives. I don't really understand myself but take their word in good faith. I don't really know how far I was into the sample when it cut off, I'm slow so could have been an hour. I don't think I was done with chap2, so maybe just slow down and you will get an hour like I did because I usually try to leave some to refresh memory later. Can't go back now to see where I was. But that's ok, was enough to know I was going to like and buy it.

You can probably find the why's on former posts using the Search box on forums and not have to feel "cheated". Sorry.

tyroesse
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

Not cheated

[Post New]by tyroesse on Oct 16, 10 1:22 AM
pamj52 wrote:I got cut off short when playing mystery tracker, i still had 13 minutes left, thats not right

This demo version lasts exactly for two chapters. You are a fast player I should admit

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 1:22:35 AM PST

Go to: