Mysteries of Magic Island

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 16, 10 12:05 AM
Survive the dangerous Magic Island and become a Grand Magician in Mysteries of Magic Island, a fun Hidden Object game! Find the enchanted items necessary to escape the Magic Island, and return to the Great Magic School successfully. Be warned, however, many have traveled to the island, but very few have returned! Test your luck in Mysteries of Magic Island!

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

Re:Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Oct 16, 10 12:32 AM
ooooooooooooooo Sounds intriguing!
Just finished downloading the Trial...hopefully it's as good as it sounds!

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 16, 10 12:45 AM
Ditto on that, yippiiii looks like I will start spending my punch card credit that have been burning a hole in my pocket.

Maclin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Maclin on Oct 16, 10 1:07 AM
So far its mostly Hidden Object, not sure its for me. Maybe others will be able to say more

Mac

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Oct 16, 10 1:15 AM
I was lucky enough to Beta this game and am so glad that I can play the entire thing. Works great in WIN7 without any snags. Sure am glad that my Game Credit comes up tomorrow, this game is a winner as far as I'm concerned.

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Oct 16, 10 1:41 AM
Mostly HOG but there is some IHOG in here
I am actually finding it relaxing. clear, clean artwork...no jumble.

Only one CON so far: when it first plays, the volume is a little loud. I generally play in the middle of the night, so I have to keep the volume down. I do have to commend those developers that do start off low and build high.
A most enjoyable game, not too tricky and the hints replenish quickly.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Oct 16, 10 1:58 AM
I am on the fence about this one. It's not too hard, but something is missing. Not sure what it is, maybe it's just way, way, way past my bedtime. I will check it out later today after I have slept some.

Happy gaming everyone!

Joy

[Post New]by heatherington on Oct 16, 10 2:32 AM
By the screenshots it looks like a really good game, but that doesn't mean they haven't done something stupid. I'm downloading now and will know more soon!

It's okay. No penalty for clicks, no timer (that's always good) no stupid point systems. Mini games can be played. I'm not a great fan of those, but I have been able to play without any difficulty. Just the odd one or two didn't make sense. Able to explore the island and find the basic elements. Fire, lightening, water and wind. Not much story, a little HOG with trying to figure stuff out. I bought it. Now I'm going to bed.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 4:35:15 AM PST

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 16, 10 3:31 AM
Hand drawn graphics always get me off on the right foot! The game loads and runs like a Swiss watch,no glitches that I can find.You can over click till your finger's sore!! No penalty!! (Do ya' think maybe they're startin' to pay attention to all the whinging myself and others have been doing about the ridiculous practice of biting the hand that feeds them by giving us a time out for doing so?) Hints recharge fairly rapidly in the casual mode. Not much of a story that I can tell but that doesn't break my heart. The music......I don't know! I guess it wasn't obnoxious because I didn't even notice it.Some items don't appear quite like you think they would but I don't want to spoil anything so I'll just say it's not bad. All in all I think it's a pretty good IHOG with a little more emphasis put on the HOG part. Give it a trial I think it's 4 x
Dr.good
p.s. I like the English version of whining (whinging) so well that I adopted it. Way cool !

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 9:53:33 AM PST

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 16, 10 3:45 AM
I've just finished the game and I really enjoyed it. I was worried at first that it would be mostly hidden objects but as the game progressed it got more interactive and more puzzle based. I liked that the puzzles were different as some games have you play the same mini game at certain points.
And I really like the no click penalty!!
I played on expert/advanced and that was about right for me. Although there is a bit of to-ing and fro-ing sparkles let you know which direction you are meant to be heading in.
Puzzles are explained in your book and this is one of the few games the notebook has been really helpful.
Was a pleasurable 3 hours

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Oct 16, 10 3:51 AM
This game looks suspiciously like another one played ages ago but I can't remember what it was.

I think the gameplay on this one is slow and the game is actually not fun at all, rather boring. It's not challenging at all even on expert mode.

I might buy it as a DD but not full price.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 16, 10 4:29 AM
CasualGran wrote:
doctorgood wrote:
......p.s. I like the English version of whining (whinging) so well that I adopted it. Way cool !

ROFL

Some people say we (English) whinge too much. LOL

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 16, 10 4:49 AM
Hmm, glad I read the reviews before downloading the demo. Doesn't sound like I would enjoy a game without penalties for faulty clicks, limits, etc. For me, penalties make a game more challenging, and worth repeating the game in order to strive for a higher score. As BB King once sang... the thrill is gone

I Appreciate everyones input, as each has their own tastes, but this won't be a buy or try for me now... just sounds too easy. But then again, I even work under stress best. I appreciate all the reviews, as it does help one save time in downloading or not. I hope the game makers continue to offer a variety... games with penalties and those without, in order to appease everyone. Glad to hear those enjoying it, are enjoying it.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 5:30:05 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Oct 16, 10 5:02 AM
in expert mode ,i have found and activated 2 elementals spells in one hour;and i don't skip anything!and took my time just as i was 90 old!it seems too short for me and i definitively prefer dark stories and heavy atmosphere(is heavy good word for what i mean?please tell me if not!my englis lessons are 50years old!)

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 16, 10 5:06 AM
You are fine edmee 1947-- I understood perfectly, and I'm sure all others will get the gist too.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Oct 16, 10 5:07 AM
Pretty boring. If a game doesn't hook me in the first five minutes, I'm done with it. I really dislike it when all of the objects I need to find are not listed all at once. Don't know why, it just peeves me.

This one seems pretty lame...a no buy for me.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 16, 10 5:16 AM
carolinacat wrote: I think the gameplay on this one is slow and the game is actually not fun at all, rather boring. It's not challenging at all even on expert mode.

I might buy it as a DD but not full price.

DITTO! What carolinacat said....

After reading the review by goofyduck, I am not so sure there is any difference between easy & difficult modes except that the map can't be used in difficult mode. The rest sounds just about the same - I didn't try the easy mode but goofyduck's description sounds just like the game I played. Hmmm.

ETA: I don't mind a game that doesn't give me a huge challenge, as long as it manages to entertain me - like the Mystery Trackers game did - but this game didn't manage to challenge or entertain me. So a no buy on this one for me.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 5:32:51 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 16, 10 5:29 AM
This is a nice ihog - many hogsscenes (searching) plus a few minigames plus interactive (using your inventorythings in the scene). The graphic is very clear, storyline is so-so. Overall its a good game. I will buy it

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Oct 16, 10 5:35 AM
Played the demo...it was fun, but not very challenging. Think I'll save my credit for something else. All in all: good graphics and pretty easy minigames.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 5:35:53 AM PST

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Oct 16, 10 6:05 AM
Well, I'm buying this one as it is the first decent game to have been released in the whole of October that I can use a coupon code for. No it's nothing special but the graphics are clear and objects not too hard to find (darn it, why can't they ask me to find something that I CAN see! Lol) Off to use a code. Happy Gaming everyone.

Go to: