bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mysteries of Magic Island forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 16, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Mysteries of Magic Island forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mysteries of Magic Island players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Stuck already

[Post New]by jramme on Oct 16, 10 1:09 AM
I am being told to hang a pot with water on the fire. I have the fire, I have the pot. But how do I get water in the pot?

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mysteries of Magic Island forum

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Oct 16, 10 1:38 AM
jramme, the water for the pot comes from the water falls

Re:Welcome to Mysteries of Magic Island forum-length?

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Oct 16, 10 5:41 AM
seems like a really well built game so far, I think it is a buy, but I don't know how long it is. That usually is the big factor for me, I bought todays game yesterday and was sorely disappointed in the length of the game and all the positive comments for it. It really wasn't all that much once played. And short.
This one seems richly drawn, multiple levels, not too much squinting, but then again, I'm only still on the beach picking up my first fire spell and burning open the chest.
Anyone know how long it is? Is it a keeper?
chris

[Post New]by margie14580 on Oct 17, 10 10:00 AM
Thanks for hosting this forum.

I am stuck in the Mysteries of Magic Island at the scene where I am supposed to cut the hedges covering pillars. The scissors do not work on the hedges as the walk through blog indicates. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

emilyone
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by emilyone on Oct 17, 10 10:48 AM
I dont see a technical forum here.... have gotten all the way to the glueing of the ruby or whatever it is, got the water in the fountain, but cannot assemble the talisman because one peice of it is in the ruby area and keeps kicking me back out of the area. Have partially assembled this piece BUT cannot, no matter what i do, get that last peice from in front of the glued ruby. It does not show an arrow curser, only the magnifier so that I get taken to the last scene. Am almost done with the game I think and having a great time but mannnn this is making me nuts! Anyone else having this problem??? Thanks

[Post New]by calcion on Oct 18, 10 2:24 AM
nice game. But i am stuck at the end. I must find one more circle for the door, but nothing tells me where to find it. please help

stx445
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by stx445 on Oct 18, 10 6:33 AM
Help!!!
I am stuck at the pillars. I used scissors to cut away hedges, but walk through says to match the elements and follow the pattern in which they light up. The balls are already lit when I get there. I restarted, to make sure I didn't miss it, but it is still the same.

The first game all balls were lit up, and each of them (except yellow one) had the little hint stars around them. The second game is the same except the yellow one now has hint stars too. If I do the triple clicking as suggested, then the hint bar keeps popping up. If I click on the pillars, nothing happens. Obviously the hint bar isn't revealing any information as to how to procede.

The element spells don't seem to change anything on the pillars?

Is this a glitch or am I missing something along the way. The only other place the map shows as unfinished is the door leading to the temple. I have one round key, and the notes and guide suggest the second one will be amid the pillars, but I can't get it?

Any suggestions?

beckins
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by beckins on Oct 18, 10 7:21 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:seems like a really well built game so far, I think it is a buy, but I don't know how long it is. That usually is the big factor for me, I bought todays game yesterday and was sorely disappointed in the length of the game and all the positive comments for it. It really wasn't all that much once played. And short.
This one seems richly drawn, multiple levels, not too much squinting, but then again, I'm only still on the beach picking up my first fire spell and burning open the chest.
chris

beckins
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by beckins on Oct 18, 10 7:22 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:seems like a really well built game so far, I think it is a buy, but I don't know how long it is. That usually is the big factor for me, I bought todays game yesterday and was sorely disappointed in the length of the game and all the positive comments for it. It really wasn't all that much once played. And short.
chris

beckins
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by beckins on Oct 18, 10 7:25 AM
I have also been disappointed by length of games after purchase. While I really enjoyed Mysteries of Magic Island, I decided to check the walkthrough for the game's length. I was surprised to see I was almost three quarters through the game with 11 minutes still left on my demo. I won't be buying because this game is MUCH too short. I now regularly check forums and walkthroughs before making a purchase.

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on Oct 18, 10 10:24 AM
Where do I find a torch for the cave ? I'm stuck in the cave...................

[Post New]by redhead2 on Oct 18, 10 11:03 AM
i too am stuck in the cave..... please help...... i do like this game so far ..... where do you find the torch?

[Post New]by thismommy on Oct 18, 10 11:04 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mysteries of Magic Island forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mysteries of Magic Island players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on Oct 18, 10 12:22 PM
I figured it out, you use the saw, one of the oars, the pliers , the wire & the rag out of the inventory, take them to the work bench & build the torch.

[Post New]by laramorrigan on Oct 18, 10 8:16 PM
HELP!........Olá! Sou brasileira e compro jogos a tempo deste site. Somente esse game me trouxe problemas e estou muito triste....pois eu já cheguei na metade do jogo quando eu salvo para sair e volto mais tarde, tenho que começar tudo novamente, já pedi ajuda a vários sites e ninguém me ajudou. Já desinstalei e instalei o jogo 4 vezes. Alguém poderia me ajudar? Agradecida!

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 8:17:59 PM PST

[Post New]by dungogiens on Oct 19, 10 2:44 PM
I am stuck - according to the walkthrough I should go back to the room where I received the air and lighting symbols - entering through the right side of the screen, but everything I have tried hasn't worked. I did get the scissors and have repaired them, but ...... getting very frustrated as I have just bought the game based on the free trial. Please can anyone help?

[Post New]by morristhekat on Oct 19, 10 6:52 PM
I am in the Temple of Elements and in the room to the right. I got the first torch lit but can't get the second on lit. I tells me either to use more fuel or to light it. Anyone get stuck on this one.

[Post New]by milliehornedo on Oct 19, 10 7:10 PM
I'm also stuck in the Temple Room in the right door where you lit the first torch, I try but it tells me it needs fuel, but when I put the fuel it tells me it already has fuel and when I put the fire it doesn't lit. Can somebody help.

[Post New]by sharplayer on Oct 19, 10 10:29 PM
milliehornedo wrote:I'm also stuck in the Temple Room in the right door where you lit the first torch, I try but it tells me it needs fuel, but when I put the fuel it tells me it already has fuel and when I put the fire it doesn't lit. Can somebody help.

Add me to your list. can't get out of the Temple room ....any answers????

Edited on 10/19/2010 at 10:30:09 PM PST

Go to: