serious glitch in game-tired of purchasing games and then can't play

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Oct 16, 10 2:12 PM
I am stuck at the door with the fire and lightening runes . I figured out the fire portion but can't get back to the pedestal table to use the lightning ruins. The map won't let me go back and there is no way to do anything where I am in the game. The walkthrough is no help. I purchase these games and then there is a glitch in them. I want my money back. Don't buy game.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

Re:serious glitch in game-tired of purchasing games and then can't play

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Oct 16, 10 2:24 PM
sjs if you are in expert mode I don't think you can use the map. Move your cursor around the screen (usually bottom left or right) till you see the arrow to move back to the pedestal.

I just finished this game. It is a lot of fun.

Good luck.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 16, 10 4:45 PM
Even in easy mode you can't navigate using the map. It is just there to show you where you are, not move you from place to place (bummer.) Just move your cursor to the bottom of the screen until you get an arrow (or the sides in some scenes) and click to move to the adjacent screen.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Oct 16, 10 11:40 PM
The only time you run into a glitch in this game is by doing things out of order, so it's important to follow the journal on the right side of the game screen.

As the others said, sounds like all you have to do is look for your exit arrows. The map just shows you where you've been and how far you have to go. It's not a jump map.

Not that many games have jump maps. Most iHOG adventure games have scene exit arrows that lead you to other locations. iHOG adventure game scenes may have as many as 4 or 5 exit arrow choices.

pbsm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by pbsm on Oct 17, 10 5:41 PM
I was stuck in the same place and went round and round until finally the down arrow let me go back to the boat area

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Oct 18, 10 12:11 AM
Thanks for chiming in, pbsm.

I've been playing games for going on 20 years and these days, most of what gamers call glitches are either unfamiliarity with game play or problems with their computer settings, malware that needs to be cleaned out, game/video cards, etc.

The vast majority of gamers have gone through this game just fine, so long as they use the journal for guidance.

Go to: