cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Broken scissors

[Post New]by cmh47 on Oct 16, 10 4:47 PM
I have now started this game twice. Each time I have come to the part where you repair the scissors on the anvil. After that according to the walk through you go back to the waterfall to complete another hidden object scene. However when I go to the waterfall there is no hidden scene. Does any one know what I am supposed to do after repairing the scissors?

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Broken scissors

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Oct 16, 10 5:27 PM
Same thing happened to me. Once I fixed the scissors there were no longer any Hidden Object areas in the game.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Oct 16, 10 11:32 PM
Hi fishies!

Go back toward the waterfall. If it's not dry, it's not time to use the scissors yet.

The scissors come into play after you've acquired the wind element and moved to the temple.

SO, go back to toward the waterfall. As soon as you enter the scene, you have steps to the left you cannot climb unless you've overcome the lightning spell that guards them

You also have places to go at the bottom of the screen. There are things to do there, including HOG scenes.

Don't forget to refer to your journal frequently. It's located just above the Hint button and just below the Spell slots on the right hand of the screen.

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Oct 17, 10 8:12 AM
Volauvent wrote:Hi fishies!

Go back toward the waterfall. If it's not dry, it's not time to use the scissors yet.

The scissors come into play after you've acquired the wind element and moved to the temple.

SO, go back to toward the waterfall. As soon as you enter the scene, you have steps to the left you cannot climb unless you've overcome the lightning spell that guards them

You also have places to go at the bottom of the screen. There are things to do there, including HOG scenes.

Don't forget to refer to your journal frequently. It's located just above the Hint button and just below the Spell slots on the right hand of the screen.

Waterfall's dry. I'm able to get to the beach, down the steps to the left where the empty basin is located. I watered the plant in the scene with the "strange machine". Now I've gone to every location using the hint button and they all say "there is nothing more to do here". What am I missing? Thanks

stx445
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by stx445 on Oct 17, 10 9:20 AM
The scissors are used to cut the vines away from the 4 pillars with the large colored balls on top. When you are at the windmill, you can go forward toward the dry waterfall.

You will come to some pillars, 2 on each side. Use the scissors to cut away the vines which will reveal ingraved images. That is what the use of the scissors are for however, I have no idea what to do with these images.

This is where I am stuck. I've cut away the vines, found the element images, tried to place the elements in the ingraving as guide says, the balls are lit up, but clicking on them 3 times as the guide instructs is not getting me anywhere. The second gear ring is here but I can't get it.

Anyone who has gotten past this, please help!!!!!!!!!

BillTheOne
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by BillTheOne on Oct 17, 10 11:36 AM
Klik on the balls on top

[Post New]by GreenNomadLady on Oct 17, 10 2:46 PM
I fixed the scissors but I can't use them on the towers. It wo 't let me cut the vines. Can you help me?

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Oct 17, 10 3:29 PM
It won't let me cut the vines either-HELP!!!!! Well I had to get up to the door first(where the sand was covering) then go back to the vines to cut and beware check the ORDER you light the oil lamps or u will have to start all over!!!!!

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 4:08:15 PM PST

stx445
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by stx445 on Oct 17, 10 6:27 PM
You have to go back to the area where the sand needs to be blown away. When you blow away the sand and get to the door, of course you will need 2 round keys and by now you should have one of them. The second one is hidden somewhere around the pillars, (I haven't been successful at getting the second one yet)

Anyway, when you come back from that building looking for the second key, go foward again to the pillars, you should now be able to use the scissors.

stx445
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by stx445 on Oct 17, 10 6:33 PM
Bill, I've tried clicking the balls, but the hint bar just keeps appearing. Even so, I have tried clicking anyway but absolutely nothing is happening. The balls were already lit when I arrived, so I don't even know in what order they lit up. I even started a new game to make sure, and the same thing happened, only this time all 4 of the balls had the little "glowing hint stars" around them, where as in the first game, the yellow one didn't but all others did.

The walk through said to match element to element or colors of the balls. On my screen, the ball for the wind is green, however the element in my spells book is white? Is this maybe a glitch, or am I just doing something terribly wrong?

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Oct 19, 10 12:41 PM
I don't even have the broken scissors to repair!!!
No scene is available to find them in either. Is this one of the glitches?

Go to: