marymaltese
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Oil Lamps in Temple

[Post New]by marymaltese on Oct 16, 10 10:15 PM
I filled the 3 oil lamps in temple - got to light the first one. The next two tried and tried over and over again, but to no avail. They just won't light. If I try to fill them, message says they have fuel in them. Anyone else having same problem. Please tell me that there isn't another glitch in this game. Had glitch in another game. Really starting to lose confidence in Big Fish.

Re:Oil Lamps in Temple

[Post New]by jjjudes on Oct 17, 10 6:57 PM
I'm having the same problem. I could light the first lamp, but the second would not. Very frustrating!!!!

stx445
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by stx445 on Oct 17, 10 7:08 PM
Wish I could make it that far. Im still trying to get through the pillar/ball/elements stage.

Balls already lit when I get there, don't know the order? Clicking on balls only bring up hint bar. I even went through it a second time, just to make sure I didn't miss the "lighting" order, but already illuminated second time when I got there? Clicking on the pillars themselves do nothing at all.

Since you guys have made it that far, perhaps you can give me advice? Is this a glitch or am I just missing something?

Im now wondering if the temple is going to give me more issues? Getting worried. I just joined this game club, now Im wondering if I made a mistake?

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Oct 17, 10 11:51 PM
Okay fishies - one problem per thread.

The oil lamps in the temple have to be filled then lit individually. If you fill all 3 then try to light them, you have to go back and start the game over with a different player name.

That's what happens when you don't read the journal.

Yeah, yeah - I know. A real PITA (pain in the a**), but I found out the hard way, too.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Oct 17, 10 11:52 PM
Stx445, I started a separate thread for you.

[Post New]by genaep on Nov 27, 11 11:02 AM
Keep the fire on the lamp for a few seconds, don't just click on it.

I found this to work for me.

[Post New]by olddanfan on Nov 27, 11 7:27 PM
I've tried holding the fire on the lamp and still can't get it to light. Anyone else have any other suggestions? I'm just on the first lamp and can't go any further. I'm also getting different hints at top when I click on the lamp - sometimes it tells me I need fuel and then sometimes it says I already have fuel in it.

Oil Lamps in Temple

[Post New]by cazzy58 on Mar 9, 12 8:49 AM
marymaltese wrote:I filled the 3 oil lamps in temple - got to light the first one. The next two tried and tried over and over again, but to no avail. They just won't light. If I try to fill them, message says they have fuel in them. Anyone else having same problem. Please tell me that there isn't another glitch in this game. Had glitch in another game. Really starting to lose confidence in Big Fish.

[Post New]by cazzy58 on Mar 9, 12 8:51 AM
hi there, i had this problem also, nearly pulled my hair out, did you fill them all with your oil first? then move the fire symbol onto them , hover for a mo, then click the fire symbol.
cazzy

Go to: