Oil Lamps in Temple

marymaltese
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Oil Lamps in Temple

[Post New]by marymaltese on Oct 16, 10 10:15 PM
I filled the 3 oil lamps in temple - got to light the first one. The next two tried and tried over and over again, but to no avail. They just won't light. If I try to fill them, message says they have fuel in them. Anyone else having same problem. Please tell me that there isn't another glitch in this game. Had glitch in another game. Really starting to lose confidence in Big Fish.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

Re:Oil Lamps in Temple

[Post New]by Volauvent on Oct 16, 10 10:46 PM
Yup Mary - same here.

The hint button says there's no more to do, so I went to the walkthrough.

We're doing the right things, Mary, so it's definitely a game glitch. My 'puters will play damn near any game with no probs.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Oct 16, 10 10:53 PM
Looked at other posts below this one about the same problem.

Guess what?

We were only supposed to fill and light one lamp at a time. Filling that 2nd & 3rd lamp before lighting them was a deal killer.

The only solution BFG mod ArnoStyx has is to start the game over with another player name.

Uh, aren't we already like, 3/4 of the way through?

Groan.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 10:57:07 PM PST

trevally
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by trevally on Oct 17, 10 12:21 AM
aaaargh. I have the same problem and can't stand the thought of starting the whole game over again just when I'm nearly at the end. SURELY there is another way!

[Post New]by mysportivo on Oct 17, 10 3:08 AM
I LITE ONE LAMP AT A TIME DIDNT WORK I AGREE BIG FISH IS QUICK TAKING PAYMENT NOT QUICK IN FIXING PROBLEMS

PamBevill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by PamBevill on Oct 17, 10 6:42 AM
I posted about this same problem..... can't light the lamps....

[Post New]by carolisgwtw on Oct 17, 10 8:39 AM
If I start this game again with a different profile and those lamps don't lite again I am going to be one MAD mamma!!!!!!!

DIKIDI
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by DIKIDI on Oct 17, 10 9:29 AM
I also have the same problem. It seems that Big Fish is in such a hurry to get new games that serious glitches are being overlooked. This is not the first time I have had to scrap almost an entire game just to get past one small place. This is especially irksome when there was not even a subtle hint that the lamps had to be done that way.

[Post New]by lou0903 on Oct 17, 10 10:52 AM
Im having the same problem, i just cant light the lamps, ive spent the last 2 hours playing this game and now i cant finish it, Arghhhhh, not happy.

marymaltese
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by marymaltese on Oct 17, 10 11:47 AM
Thanks for all the responses. Misery loves company. Maybe BF should give a free game to all the loyal patrons, who maybe not for long, who keep encountering these glitches. Yes, it always seems to happen when one is 3/4 of the way thru. Could this be a reason they lowered there price. Maybe it should be lowered more!

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 18, 10 2:01 AM
I have griped and groaned about the torches on another thread and I really am not looking forward to re-starting again. ARGGGGGGG that makes me sooo angry. I was up till 3 am trying to finnish when I got caught with the torches.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 18, 10 9:53 AM
hmmm...starting over...nope...I'll leave this one on the back burner for a few weeks and come back to it then. Not in the mood to play through the entire game again!

What a disappointment.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Oct 18, 10 11:08 AM
I have to agree with all of you and like Sartasia, I'm leaving mine on the back burner for a while before starting over.

It couldn't have been that hard to make all the lamps go black again with a caption of "Oops! that didn't work."

Lots of games do that when a specific sequence of actions is required, and it adds intrigue to the puzzle.

Killing the game play is rude.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Oct 18, 10 11:49 AM
Hi folks!

Make sure to follow the steps in the walkthrough in order to get through the area with the torches. If you haven't followed these steps and are unable to continue, it will help to start a new player profile and try the steps once more.

If you have done this and are still having issues, our Customer Support can help you out!

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgTigris

marymaltese
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by marymaltese on Oct 18, 10 2:13 PM
I only use the walkthrough if and when I would get stuck. If one is playing along and all is well, but happen to do something one should'nt - how would one know there would be a problem. Same problem happened with the HOG for Skymist and the fix was great. Did not have start all over again.
Same problem with Mystic Gateways - Stuck in trying to get into the cave. 2 glitches in 2 different games within 2 weeks of each other. Need I go thru all the walktthroughs first before starting a game. That is on the same level as having to start all over again when one is 3/4 of the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Dragonflys on Oct 18, 10 6:21 PM
This is nuts that you have to start the game over. I have 2 credits left then after years of being a member are DONE!! I am done with big fish. If you can't take the time and bug check your games then they are not worth the price. I never use walkthrought. BF need to rethink there stand on this issue!!!!!

[Post New]by angrycustomer on Oct 19, 10 4:01 PM
If there is a specific sequence to light the lamps them there needs to be a clue or they should reset untill the sequence is figured out
I should not have to restart my game
i am going to contact bigfish and demand my credit back or ill cancell my subsciption

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Oct 19, 10 4:06 PM
Hi folks,

Thanks for the comments and feedback. If you would like to continue to assist us with this issue, we ask that you please send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

I want to reiterate that if you're uncomfortable with any of the above steps, just shoot an email to Customer Support or hop in to Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member, and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgTigris

monsterme
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by monsterme on Oct 20, 10 5:00 PM
Same problem as everyone else. Filled more than one lamp at a time and now am stuck.

******BF give us a saved game at the point where the lamps are all lit. Just send us the file and tell us where to save it so we don't have to replay the whole game all over again.*****

This is the third game I have had gameplay problems with. I also do not play with the walkthrough unless I'm stuck. What fun is that? BF, help us out please!!!

[Post New]by ponyinfield on Oct 21, 10 12:28 PM
AARRRGGGHHHH, yep same bit. I lit first lamp, then the others didnt work. NOT good enough that it has glitches. I am probably gonna cancel membership, again!

Go to: