bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Build a hut

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Oct 17, 10 6:38 AM
The only task I currently have is to build a hut, but how? Nothing is unlocked on either the shop page or the tech page so I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. Can anyone help?

Re:Build a hut

[Post New]by Gamsetter_com on Oct 17, 10 6:51 AM
You need to have someone in the lab and build up your tech points - if you have enough you will be able to build the hut.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Oct 17, 10 7:41 AM
Thank you, do you have any idea how many tech points it takes? I have everybody unlocking tech points but there is still no sign of being able to unlock it.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Oct 17, 10 8:04 AM
Just to make sure: You must also have enough money to buy the hut from the shop. It isn't enough that it appears there - in fact, it was the first task where I became aware that I have to sell jam and fish etc for getting enough money for the hut.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Oct 17, 10 8:09 AM
At the minute I've got over 2000 tech points and nearly $5000 but everything is still locked, there are still padlocks over the pictures of both the building tech book, and the hut in the shop. Hope it doesn't take too much longer, I'm getting very bored!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Oct 17, 10 8:29 AM
Nope, that doesn't sound 'normal', considering I got the hut in the demo hour (and w/ just a bit time at the tech lab) - even for a bug it's strange. I hope someone who has bought the game yet might come in here to help you out w/ something we have overlooked.
The only other idea I have right now is: Did you hire the next worker yet? He's a builder, as far as I recall... maybe that is needed.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Oct 17, 10 8:50 AM
I think it was a bug. I'd hired the builder and built other stuff with him, I had a fish farm and a hospital, but no hut. I restarted the game with a new user name and had the hut within about 20 mins so no idea what went wrong the first time.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Oct 17, 10 9:06 AM
Good idea, and glad it worked! The one thing that bugs me about such bugs is that you never know when and whether these things will re-occur later in the game again... when a similar meeting of circumstances (of whatever the reason was) might happen.

well, we'd best just assume the hiccup is over! Crossing fingers JIC, good luck and happy gaming

Go to: