Nastyharpy
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Level 28

[Post New]by Nastyharpy on Oct 17, 10 1:57 PM
This one is driving me crazy. I get to the last stone to build the road and run out of time. I get soooo close but can't get there.

Anyone have any suggestions.?

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

Re:Level 28

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 17, 10 5:05 PM
Basic strategy: Leave all the runes, crystals, etc as last things to do so you can focus on clearing the road and building the road.
1) get another man
2) build the sawmill and clear the tree from the road to the bridge (down)
3) build bridge to the berry bushes (so you have a constant supply of food)
4) cut down trees as needed to get enough wood to get the bridge built to the right
5) build the storehouse as soon as you can
6) build the balloon, so you can get to the gold (there's not a lot of trees to use, so you may have to wait a bit). Collect the "bag" power up, then mine all the gold there and build the gold mine.
7) build up the sawmill one more
8) get the bridge below the storehouse, so you can get more food and build the quarry (you will need this to build the road).
As you get enough wood, add men till you have 4 and keep clearing and building the road and upgrading your buildings as much as you can, but only upgrade your buildings til you are getting 7 from each one (don't build up to 9 as it takes longer to produce goods). Also fill in the chasms to the crystals, then after the road is built (or during if you have enough gold), get all the runes, crystals, etc.
Good Luck!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 17, 10 7:57 PM
This is a long level, and there is a small amount of luck involved in just when the stopwatch appears. But it's doable. Here's another approach.

General Tips for Level 28: both the 3rd and the 4th workers give you an increase in speed for ALL workers, so you are going to want them.
Although the start screen warns you you have no buildings to produce food, you'll have plenty once you build the bridges to the berries straight down, down in the center, and in the upper left. You're more likely to run out of gold, so you'll want to upgrade the gold mine and the storehouse quite early.
Lots of wood is available from trees, so although you'll eventually build the sawmill to max, the gold mine and the workers are slightly more important.
You need the gold and the berries in the upper left.
A stop watch will appear in the lower right late in the level. You need it if you want to make expert time.
The stopwatch, the totem, and the crystal in the lower right have cracks in front of them that have to be filled in. It's easy to miss these if you don't look carefully.
Eventually you need every building at max, but the sequence DOES matter. The quarry isn't important until you get near the bridge on the center right, which is stone, not wood.
Once you build the balloon tower, keep sending the balloon over to get wood and gold, as well as coins.
Do not collect the Crystals, Totem, or Runestone until indicated--you need the gold to clear boulders until you get to the Stopwatch.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 17, 10 7:58 PM
Detailed walkthrough: There are many different ways to do this level. Here's one.
Upgrade the cottage to 2 workers.
Build the sawmill and take out the tree blocking the bridge going down.
Collect berries and chop trees.
Build the bridge going right.
Upgrade the sawmill once.
Take out the first boulder across the bridge.
Collect berries and chop trees, including the ones above the sack, but don't pick up the sack yet.
Build the balloon tower.
Immediately chop a tree by the gold mine.
Build the storehouse.
Chop one more tree by the goldmine.
Build the goldmine.
Upgrade the cottage to three workers.
Now that you have 3 workers, one of them can work on the road.
Upgrade the storehouse.
Repair the storehouse when it gets damaged.
Get a gold rock bythe goldmine.
Pick up the sack, and collect whatever's available.
Collect wood from the sawmill every time it's ready for now.
Collect gold coins from the mine whenever they are ready.
Clear the big boulder blocking the bridge at the top left.
Build the bridge going down in the center.
Clear the small stone just past the bridge in the center.
Build the bridge in the upper left.
Keep collecting coins and resources from near the gold mine. Chop the trees there, too. Don't collect the runestone yet.
Repair any buildings if they get damaged.
Upgrade the cottage to 4 workers--this makes everyone move faster, and you'll have at least 4 areas to work in now.
The boots should appear in the upper left. Collect them, then get all the resources from the upper left, gold and food. Leave the Crystal. If you still have boot time, get resources off the gold mine area.
Upgrade the goldmine.
Build the quarry.
Start working on the rocks across the center.
Build the road as convenient.
Continue to collect resources.
Upgrade the goldmine again.
Upgrade the quarry.
Skip ahead and build the bridge to the right before the road is finished across the center.
Continue collecting resources, but don't get the crystals or the runestone yet.
Take out the small boulder just across the center bridge.
Collect the Hammer and immediately start work on the next boulder going right, the crack on the way down to the totem, and the runestone (upper right) The 4th worker can work on the road or collect reources.
Upgrade the Sawmill. At this point you won't need to chop any more trees, and only collect wood if you need it.
Take out the rock in front of the totem, but don't collect it yet.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 17, 10 7:59 PM
Collect resources as needed from now on. Collect berries and gold coins whenever available so they'll replenish.
Take out the boulder going right.
Continue building the road.
The Stopwatch will have appeared by now. Work your way to it as quickly as possible.
Keep working your way right at the same time you're working towards the stopwatch.
Don't forget the crack in front of the stopwatch and the lower right Crystal!
As soon as you grab the Stopwatch, also get the totem.
At this point you should only need Gold and Berries, so don't waste time picking up stone or wood.
If you're lucky, the Hammer will appear for a second time. Use it for two Crystals at once.
You'll probably need to pick up one more set of gold coins, then clear the last Crystal.
You should make Expert with a few seconds to spare.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 10 8:46 AM
bump

dtao
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by dtao on Nov 28, 10 7:27 AM
Many thanks, still trying

[Post New]by scwthillary on Apr 22, 11 9:54 PM
Thank you, thank you, robin94122!

I tried this level SO many times, just trying to get the Expert Level, and was failing miserably. Tennis elbow and carpal tunnel were setting in, and the other walkthroughs I tried just weren't doing it.

But I followed your instructions to the letter, and made it with 15 seconds to spare.

So, just in case you think you did all that keyboarding with no feedback, believe me, I'm VERY grateful!!

Go to: