fuzhed
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Open the totem in the river

[Post New]by fuzhed on Oct 17, 10 2:03 PM
My only available task is to open the totem in the river. I have been trying to put people there for the last 2 hours, and all they do is say they are staying....same with the one on the other side of the bridge. I have put as many as 7 men there at a time, even during the rain, and it just says they are staying. They end up leaving after a few seconds. VERY frustrating!! Any advice??

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Open the totem in the river

[Post New]by TxConnie on Oct 17, 10 2:55 PM
It has to be a person with tech skills. Doesn't have to be all the way on tech, but has to be pretty good.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Oct 17, 10 8:14 PM
Sorry but I'm having the exact same problem and even my most skilled upgraded techs, 2 of them I was smart enough to trane, do nothing but stay and be bad doggies,
They leave after a few seconds and find something better to do.

I have filled many tasks and totally stuck with this one when it seems the game has just stopped throwing other challenges my way.

I'm thinking it's a teaser for a final task or something but you really need all totems for it, no? and for that you need to study that one last thing with your well earned tech points, I'm guessing...

I got all the recepies, already made 11 cakes, got a lotta money and stuff, 20 workers, all totems but 1 and no task but this one is popping out.

It's like I gotta finish it to move on.
But I really don't understand how I'm suppose to do it.

Putting a well trained tech person will not solve this problem.

Any other suggestions?

[Post New]by MsSubtleAffect on Oct 17, 10 8:55 PM
We must be having the same issue. I have two tech guys who are pretty far along and anytime I take either of them to that location when it rains nothing happens. Am I missing something?

After a second look yep I missed something. Go the bridge :o)

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 9:41:38 PM PST

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by TxConnie on Oct 17, 10 10:12 PM
The totem in the river is not the one that needs to be opened in the rain. That is a patch of grass just past the bridge and down a little.

I know the river totem was easy for me. Make sure you are putting on the totem location and not the rock location.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Oct 18, 10 12:34 AM
OK
found this shred

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/122423.page

It answered the rain totem question but I still get stuck. Even after I learn the last book with my techpoints I can't open the last totem - they keep telling me we'll learn it late but I already learned it!

Did anyone mannage to open the final totem?

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by TxConnie on Oct 18, 10 9:39 AM
efi24 wrote:OK
found this shred

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/122423.page

It answered the rain totem question but I still get stuck. Even after I learn the last book with my techpoints I can't open the last totem - they keep telling me we'll learn it late but I already learned it!

Did anyone mannage to open the final totem?

Yes, I had to Study Stars, Buy an Observatory, chop down the palm tree near the totem and then build the totem.

[Post New]by SmokeyMtnLinda on Oct 18, 10 11:26 AM
Hi! I'm sure most have figured this out, but just a few minutes ago I sat down one of the men on the square rock block (just to the right as you exit the bridge on the new side. He kneeled down to start cleaning the large block, then I set a few others to help him clear it off and all of a sudden ... I went to another level that explained the totem in the rain. My problem was that I didn't get far enough before trying to stick the little guy on the green light in the rain. Spent hours last night trying to figure that one out ... then gave up, went to bed and tried again this afternoon. Hope this is help to some of you ... I just didn't get far enough. Bye!

[Post New]by SmokeyMtnLinda on Oct 18, 10 12:00 PM
Hi again, just wanted to ad about setting one of them down on the center of the bridge until they kneel down ... then the totem below the bridge opens up. This game depends a lot on all the little things you do. Someone really lost out on making a few bucks by putting out a strategy guide, or is there one??? LOL I'm sure getting a lot out of this game; it's frustrating, yet makes you feel really good when you figure something out ... or really stupid!!! hehe

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Oct 18, 10 5:59 PM
TxConnie wrote:The totem in the river is not the one that needs to be opened in the rain. That is a patch of grass just past the bridge and down a little.

I know the river totem was easy for me. Make sure you are putting on the totem location and not the rock location.

How far down past the bridge? As far as the pine trees?

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by TxConnie on Oct 18, 10 11:25 PM
No, not far. Just a fraction. If you don't have a steady hand, you will miss it.

Fleau
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Fleau on Oct 20, 10 8:15 AM
Please can someone tell a good description for opening the totem in the river.
I also tried everything, but it wouldn't work for me

[Post New]by specialk113 on Oct 20, 10 9:20 AM
Put a scientist at the opening of the totem (under the bridge) until you see the explanation mark above its head and it will kneal and the totem will pop up.

Fleau
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Fleau on Oct 20, 10 10:38 AM
Thanks a lot! You helped me again on my way!!

Go to: