Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Sorry but why sell game with glitches???

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 17, 10 5:03 PM
Its bad enough that I couldnt play Twisted Lands because of the missing cutscenes and now the glitch with the lamps. I try to play games without a walkthrough and really did not expect the glitch with torches. My computor is well adapted to 99.9% of games and I have only had problems with a Samantha Swift game, Twisted Lands and now this. I realise that BFG is the leading game site and they offer a new game to play everyday. As a loyal customer who spends alot of money on this site, perhaps an appology and an admission that there is a glitch would have made me feel alot better at 3:00 am than a message to "start over as a new player". Sorry but I really feel let down tonight.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

Re:Sorry but why sell game with glitches???

[Post New]by Volauvent on Oct 18, 10 12:00 AM
Hi Nilosh,

What problem are you having lighting the torches? There's no game glitch to lighting the torches.

Actuallty there really aren't any glitches in the game. Certain things have to be done in the proper order is all, and 99% of that can be achieved by referring to the journal.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 18, 10 1:58 AM
Hi, the glitch is with the torches in the cave that you need to fill with oil and then light. If you dont light them in the exact order, you are unable to light them and then need to restart the game under a new name. There is a thread on this where several people have had the same problem. Because I dont use a walk-through, I fill all of the with oil first and then attempted to light them. Apparently you need oil one, then light it and move on to the next. Many people got "burned " that way and now we need to start all over which is not really an option for me. It is a "glitch" in the game. Thank you for your concern and Happy gaming to you.

[Post New]by sliskije on Oct 18, 10 8:22 AM
I thought it was me! I was stuck in the temple too...At least I am not loosing my mind.Today anyway

[Post New]by laramorrigan on Oct 18, 10 8:51 PM
Sou cliente a tanto tempo. Gasto tanto com o site e não consigo salvar? Como pode isso? Dá erro.

[Post New]by zeldaubu on Oct 19, 10 1:44 AM
It is a GLITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe anyone would say it isn't. I won't start over and would appreciate getting my money back since I can't finish the game.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 19, 10 1:58 PM
This is no consolation to anyone who ran into the problems and had to restart this game, but there's no doubt a huge bunch of fishies who appreciate the heads up -- THANKS TO YOUR POSTS!! I know I'm so glad to have learned about the problem ahead of time.
I agree, why release a game that allows such a serious fault? Why not code to stop us with a smart-aleck response (remember the ones in RTR...) so we can't make a fatal move? Dev's code this way in most casual games, but not for the lights/oil/fire so close to the end of this game!??!!
Then once BFG knows about FATAL ERRORS (since players have to restart), why not FIX PROMPTLY???
Off this game point, but look at the problems with the car and the tree in the CE for Mystery Trackers: The Void. Those folks all had to restart too. I'm waiting for the SE on Void, but wonder if the same glitch will be in the SE too, weeks after BFG has been selling the game?

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 10:36:28 AM PST

[Post New]by rosechico on Oct 21, 10 1:00 PM
I BOUGHT THE GAME YESTERDAY MYSTERY OF MAGIC ISLAND AND I CANT PLAY IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING ABOUT COMPATIABLE DIRECT 3D DEVICES

[Post New]by rosechico on Oct 21, 10 1:04 PM
ID LIKE MY MONEY BACK TO BUY ANOTHER GAME

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 21, 10 2:23 PM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that the issue with the oil lamps is currently being looked into and we will post in the Game Forum if any updates come up.

rosechico, an error message in regards to Direct 3D Devices usually have to do with outdated video cards, so if you would like to see if updating your system will help, you can take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For questions about your purchase of this game, please contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right.

Any tech issues? Please post in here. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Oct 21, 10 4:46 PM
Do anybody know, how saving actual pozicion in this game? Is it possible??? And how? Because when I exit from game, next time I must start at once.

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Oct 21, 10 7:53 PM
Whe I exit the game and go back later, the game freezes. This has happened twice. Apparently I can't finish the game unless I stay on the entire time. What's up with that? I've wrttien to customer support and in athe technical issues forum, but no reply yet.

vakrow
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by vakrow on Oct 24, 10 3:20 AM
About your 3d Device you have to get on to the Maker of your pc and ask them for the Latest driver I had this problem a few weeks ago I could not play any game Dell Fixed it for me Val

Go to: