Ariinya
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Any tips or strategies?

[Post New]by Ariinya on Oct 18, 10 7:46 AM
I was just wondering if there was a good way to go about this game... how to assign jobs and the like. Do you take people off to do other jobs briefly (such as this one task where someone put all this JUNK on my nice clean beach!)? At first I had one person doing one of everything that was available - or that I knew was available.

Catching salmon, picking berries, doing tech points, tending crops, getting mushrooms.

What about the fields? Do you have only one person per field?

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Any tips or strategies?

[Post New]by TxConnie on Oct 18, 10 9:56 AM
I had to move people around when I got a task that was heavy on one or two items.
Two people on milk when the cheese task came up, for instance.

Ariinya
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Ariinya on Oct 19, 10 9:45 PM
Does no one else have any tips for me?

J0an
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by J0an on Oct 23, 10 2:05 PM
Always have cooked food in your inventory. This way the workers feed themselves. I had 20 each of spring vegetable and cooked fish. They were easy to make and I could easily sell the extra for $. You will need lots of money to build things and get more workers.
Near the end have 3-4 people on wheat and 3-4 people on the water mill to get flour.
Be careful to have a slot open in inventory so that the workers don't recycle the items you are working so hard to get.
Leave the mushroom picker alone if he is picking, otherwise you can lose that mushroom. When workers are "looking" (eggs, mushrooms, garbage) pick them up and move them to the item. I once saw my mushroom picker walk right past a mushroom when he was "looking for mushroom". THAT was frustrating.

[Post New]by PineTreeLady on Oct 24, 10 10:33 AM
Thank you! I am stuck and was starting to wonder what else could happen, but now that I hear mention of wheat and fields and such I know that it's worth continuing. I cannot get past the "open the totem in the rain"---anybody remember how they did that?? Thanks!

[Post New]by bwebb44 on Oct 25, 10 10:19 AM
I am stuck at the cooking task for the salads-I get one or two but there doesn't seem to be a way to collect alot of them to meet the goal.

Also, how do I meet the goal of getting another building and a worker?

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Oct 25, 10 11:49 AM
To get another building or worker, go to the shop menu and purchase them - if you have the money, that is.

Once you've build the bridge across the river, wait for rain and then check the grass over there. There will be a sparkling area (a little below the banana tree), just drag one of your workers to the area while it's still sparkling.

Tips:
check your workers regularly, click through them and check health, mood and hunger

move your workers depending on the tasks you get, put a lot of people into producing

or finding things you need to accomplish a task, let other things rest for a while

always keep food stocked until you can build the diner (and build it as soon as you can), then rely on the diner for feeding your workers (selling food brings more money, usually, then you need to feed your workers)

[Post New]by MissMist on Oct 27, 10 2:50 PM
I found it was worth it to keep one person on tech points the entire time and anytime a building was being built always the same one person...but along with others. When building huts - move all your workers to build at the same time so it gets done faster and then you can buy more workers to help with the previous tasks....

[Post New]by MissMist on Oct 27, 10 2:52 PM
also... I also found that giving them coffee sure helps when I need a certain crop to be picked faster or a building built faster.

[Post New]by heathertenboer on Oct 28, 10 5:27 PM
PineTreeLady wrote:Thank you! I am stuck and was starting to wonder what else could happen, but now that I hear mention of wheat and fields and such I know that it's worth continuing. I cannot get past the "open the totem in the rain"---anybody remember how they did that?? Thanks![/quote

Me either .Help!!!

Re:how do i get hut #2

[Post New]by honeybee51 on Oct 31, 10 10:37 AM
i have over 20,000.00 in $, 30,000,00 in tech points, my task saids to feed my workers, I have been feeding them. i want to buy another worker but it says to build another hut. all shop items are locked. i have been trying to drop different workers on different spots to build a hut but nothing is happening. SO Frustrating! i have all but 2 collectables.

Re:how do i get hut #2

[Post New]by honeybee51 on Oct 31, 10 10:40 AM
honeybee51 wrote:i have over 20,000.00 in $, 30,000,00 in tech points, my task saids to feed my workers, I have been feeding them. i want to buy another worker but it says to build another hut. all shop items are locked. i have been trying to drop different workers on different spots to build a hut but nothing is happening. SO Frustrating! i have all but 2 collectables. any help would be appreciated.

Scootmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Scootmama on Nov 1, 10 5:33 PM
Could anyone tell me how to get the River totem open???? Fun game so far a bit hetic at times lol

[Post New]by debbiet5 on Nov 4, 10 5:34 AM
i can not get past the beginning of the game where it tells u to feed all the tribes people will it move past there evevntually..please help someone

Nitesha25
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Nitesha25 on Nov 5, 10 5:48 AM
HOW DO U MOVE THE STONE AWAY

SashaMKai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by SashaMKai on Nov 5, 10 5:25 PM
Spoilers I think. If it is sorry. Just trying to help.

debbiet5 & honeybee51:
I discovered the hard way about the feeding them thing. Do this whatever worker in your sights when you get that quest take them to the food storage and feed them. THEN you use your spacebar to go to the next worker. Grab him/her and feed them do that until they are all fed and you will be done. I believe it is to teach you about the spacebar shuffling through your workers.

Nitesha25:
I took my builder to the rock and he solved the problem. To open totems ALWAYS use your scientist.

Go to: