bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Mysteries of Magic Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 18, 10 8:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Mysteries of Magic Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by mimichar on Oct 18, 10 5:52 PM
I am stuck in a room with lamps on the wall that need to be filled with oil and then lighted. I have filled the first and lit it. The second lamp keeps telling me it needs to have oil and then I try to put oil in it and it says the lamp already has oil and still will not let me light it. I can only go in that room or the room with the door that needs a key (s) to open it. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by laramorrigan on Oct 18, 10 8:56 PM
Não sei mais onde ir e nem pra quem perguntar. Desinstalado e instalado 4 vezes e o mesmo erro. O jogo não salva. Me ajude por favor. Obrigada

[Post New]by laramorrigan on Oct 18, 10 8:59 PM
Troquei até de navegador. Mozilla e Crome e apresentam o mesmo erro.

[Post New]by 1943queenmum on Oct 20, 10 5:59 AM
I too am having difficulty lighting the oil lamps. Do I have to uninstall the game and then reload?????

van60
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by van60 on Oct 20, 10 7:04 AM
For the problem with the lamps (which everyone seems to be having) you, unfortunately, have to restart the game with a new profile and then when you get to the lamps again follow the walkthrough exactly..ie: fill one lamp and then light it before filling the next and lighting that etc.
With regard to filling the pot : go to the waterfall and put the pot in the water as before.
Hope these help!

[Post New]by bevory on Oct 20, 10 10:09 AM
This game does not appear correctly on my monitor in full screen mode. It is positioned to the right with a black band on the left. The rightmost part of the image is off the monitor on the right. I have many other games that work properly with my monitor. This is the only one for which I have encountered this error.

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Oct 20, 10 8:42 PM
My journal says I have a glue potion before I've made it. I quit the game, came back and the game is frozen. I get an error message which says violation at 0x4F505245. Apparently there are more glitches to come. I'm very disappointed the Big Fish would put out an unplayable game. If there is no fix, I want a refund.

JPCarol
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by JPCarol on Oct 21, 10 11:47 AM
I am trying tyo make the glue potion and I need one more fish. However, no fish come by on the scroller for me to pick. I have waited for up to 5 minutes. The items scroll by in a repeating manner, but no fish. How am I supposed to make the potion without being offered the correct ingredients ?

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Oct 21, 10 2:39 PM
I restarted the game as another player and played just fine. However, when I exited and came back later, the game froze again!!!! This is more than a little frustrating! Is the only way to play this game all the way through to NEVER leave it? I do have a life!!!

ozgenie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ozgenie on Oct 21, 10 7:24 PM
Lamp problem here too. Combine this with the recent game where I had no cursor and it makes me wonder why I spend the $$$$$$?

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Oct 22, 10 6:20 AM
[Quote = karenmusik] jsem restartoval hru jako další hrá? a hrál v pohod?. Nicmén?, když jsem vystoupil a vrátil se pozd?ji, hra zamrzla znovu!! To je víc než jen trochu frustrující! Je jediný zp?sob, jak hrát tuto hru po celou cestu až k NIKDY opustit? Mám život! [/ Quote]

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Oct 22, 10 6:22 AM
I have any problen as Karenmusik

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Oct 22, 10 7:19 AM
Running Windows 7. Placed the Fire talisman on the table and the game immediately froze up. Had to Esc to get out and use the Task Manager to shut it down.

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Oct 22, 10 11:54 AM
I've now tried to play the game 3 times as 3 different profiles in both modes. Every time I exit the game and then continue, the game freezes. I've written to tech support and am STILL waiting for an answer! I am beyond frustrated! I'm not the only person with this issue! I have Windows 7 - is this the problem? If so, don't make/sell games that can't work with Windows 7! I spent one of my free game crdeits on this game - how do I get it back?

icemaidenq
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by icemaidenq on Oct 22, 10 4:57 PM
OMG - I'm almost through this game and I am having the same issues with the oil and lamps. WHY would I want to start all over again to get to this scene again because the developers decided that you had to first oil and light each lamp PRECISELY in order...if you wanted us to do that, then you shouldn't let us see more than one lamp...sheesh...I was trying to save clicking back and forth and oiled two lamps and then tried to light both. How absolutely frustrating!

PamBevill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by PamBevill on Oct 22, 10 8:09 PM
I had the problem with the lamps too. I started over and NOW, when I get to the part to trim the vines off of the four columns with the colored orbs, I HAVE NOTHING TO TRIM THEM WITH................I know I should have had scissors in my inventory!!

skrjr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by skrjr on Oct 23, 10 2:53 PM
I'm trying to make a fire potion. The recipe calls for 5 fish, but there are only 4 fish given. How can I 'fix' this?

kitwhite
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kitwhite on Oct 23, 10 3:37 PM
skrjr wrote:I'm trying to make a fire potion. The recipe calls for 5 fish, but there are only 4 fish given. How can I 'fix' this?

There's a bright blue fish that looks more like a flower than it does a fish. Took me while to figure it out.
Hope this helps,

Kit

kayd2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by kayd2 on Oct 23, 10 10:32 PM
van60 wrote:For the problem with the lamps (which everyone seems to be having) you, unfortunately, have to restart the game with a new profile and then when you get to the lamps again follow the walkthrough exactly..ie: fill one lamp and then light it before filling the next and lighting that etc.
With regard to filling the pot : go to the waterfall and put the pot in the water as before.
Hope these help!

I did light the 1st lamp and then went to the 2nd and it will not light. I will try again as I believe that I must before I give up entirely. I still think its a glitch as everyone seems to have the same problem.

Go to: