gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Retro Records - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 19, 10 12:09 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em...

I know I've played this demo before, and on this site apparently... I think I did seriously consider buying this at full price and didn't. Unfortunately, that's about all I remember... May have to hunt up a free trial on another site to refresh my memory...

Re:Retro Records - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by missillusioned on Oct 19, 10 12:57 AM
I thought it was an interesting concept but it wasn't enough to hold my attention.
Basically records drop from the top of the screen and you have to match the picture on the record to the record cover (only part of the cover is on the record)
It was neat at first but I dunno the difficulty ramped up really quickly and there wasn't enough to do other than drag and drop. Every now and then you would get a memory game.
I'd say give it a go. it might be great for those who want a fast but mind numbing game

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 19, 10 1:52 AM

This is a fun little Tetris variation game that used picture recognition instead of shape recognition - I tried it out and bought it.

txrose3
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,035 Posts

[Post New]by txrose3 on Oct 19, 10 2:00 AM
Not my cup of tea. I played about 10 minutes & deleted.

But, to be fair, I don't care for this type of game.

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Kegggie on Oct 19, 10 6:36 AM
I decided to give it a go as I need another purchase for my latest punch card. However, the game seems very simlistic, at least the first few levels that I tried. I couldn't keep up with the speed of the falling disks I would classify it as an arcade action game rather than a brain teaser game. Not for me I'm afraid.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Oct 19, 10 7:05 AM
I enjoyed the game but the speed was far too quick for me! (I am a quick player normally)

There should be a better way to put the album covers below the disks, the drag and drop really does not work when it gets too quick, I was barely having the time to put one maybe two in.

For those people on here that have trouble with fast games I would say stay away from this one.

Good idea for a game but the execution of it was not done well enough, too fast, not enough differing levels, and a lot of the albums look too alike.

A no-go for me.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 19, 10 8:05 AM
Found a demo at another site to try. Played 15 minutes or so and decided to spend my 3 bucks on it. It's different enough for me to find it interesting at this price.

Album cover pictures are on the falling records and you select and drag the matching album covers to the box under the falling record. Then you get wilds/turntables. If you use one, the album that lands in it plays - so you get to hear various music. At the start of the game you can select which type of music you like, from classical to rock to jazz to hip hop, reggae (I think - some of the music I heard was reggae...) or you can select "all types".

So you're looking at various album cover art and hearing different sorts of music. There seems to be more features to be introduced after the wild turntables, and I'm curious to see what else this game does - 3 bucks worth anyway .

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Oct 19, 10 9:01 AM
My favorite review site says "Goes from easy to insane very quickly"... so not for me at all as I prefer relaxing games.

I also try to avoid games that require constant drag and drop (hurts my hand). From what I understand, that's almost all you do in this game?

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Oct 19, 10 12:01 PM
I played for 15 minutes and can agree with other comments that it goes from easy to very difficult in a very short space of time i couldn't cope with it!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 19, 10 12:55 PM
Nope this game isn`t for me. It isn`t fun to match all these records. The game gets also very slow after a few levels, too hard for me. No buy

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 19, 10 3:16 PM
The grapihcs are okay. There is no storyline, other than you own a record shop. The gameplay is match falling records with there sleeves/jackets. There is a memory mini-game. That's it. Nothing exciting.

This game shouldn't be in brainteasers, it's more arcade.

This game is D for Dull!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 19, 10 5:35 PM
yes, definitely 'arcade' - as a brain teaser i thought it would be more trivia or puzzle oriented but instead it's more like grab the record before it hits the floor... yes, i think that would be my alternate title:

"grab them before they hit the floor!"

and i didn't really care enough to catch them

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Oct 19, 10 5:54 PM

I pressed the "Customize Albums" and got the message that this feature is only available on "on-line" version....Didn't like that this game being offered is not complete.

Is this game on-line anywhere so you can play for FREE??? Does anyone know about this? If so, please reply before midnight when DD goes away.

Go to: