bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

New version available for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition - October 22nd 2010

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 19, 10 2:05 AM
We have a new version of Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes:

- Profile corruption after closing the game via the task manager.

-Chapter 3: The user can become blocked from navigating to the car scene after the tree falls on the bridge.

-Chapter 4: Listening to the bear twice and collecting the post card causes the mail box vignette to close – blocking access to the key.

-Chapter 4: Occasionally, after accessing the intercom mini-game, the dials will not turn and the skip button fails to work.

Please note: players will need to start a new profile following the installation of the new build to access these updates.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 10/22/2010 at 5:08:18 PM PST

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

Re:New version available for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition - October 19th 2010

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 19, 10 2:14 AM
Thanks for giving this detailed information!
Edit: Removed all script references.

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 4:22:28 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:New version available for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition - October 19th 2010

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 19, 10 4:44 AM
Does this patch address the problem in the Extra Play section with the mini-game/puzzle where you place the directional arrow pieces to roll the ball through the path from the entrance to the exit? When the path is complete and the ball goes from the entrance and out the exit the game does not recognize that the game has been completed successfully. You cannot progress in the game unless you use a SKIP on the puzzle. This is a part of the CE that I paid the extra money for and I would like for the whole game to work properly. Is the developer going to fix that problem?

Edited on 10/19/2010 at 4:46:34 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 19, 10 5:13 AM
The other glitch that does not seem to be mentioned in the new version is in the Subway. When you use the keys on the drawers and press the correct drawers (401,408,412) the icon will not change to a hand and allow you to pick up the record. You have to use a SKIP before your icon will change to a hand and you can pick up the record. Is this fixed in the new version?

I don't want to start a new profile and get into the game only to find out that these other 2 glitches have not been fixed. I would like to play the game all the way through without using and SKIPS or HINTS and get all the Achievements. The game should be contructed to allow me to do this.

Would someone from Big Fish please let us know if all the glitches have been fixed or when they will be fixed?

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 3:19:56 AM PST

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 19, 10 5:28 AM
Just a note: It was possible even before the fix to play through without encountering a problem.
If you want to restart then maybe you should stop playing at those dangerous places and create a backup of the save game before trying it.

Edited on 10/19/2010 at 5:28:46 AM PST

am100other
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by am100other on Oct 19, 10 8:20 AM
i finished the game on sunday night version mt 1.2 without any problems...

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 19, 10 9:48 AM
I played through without any problems and without using skip.

Shirm1
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Shirm1 on Oct 19, 10 5:11 PM
I downloaded the updated version, and I still have the same key/mailbox problem as I did before!!

sirhc56
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sirhc56 on Oct 19, 10 9:27 PM
Now it's fixed! After having to reinstall once because my demo file was corrupted then restarting because of the fallen tree and one other glitch I can't remember right now.
Otherwise, it was an excellent game and I am anxious to play part 2 (of course there will be one, too good of a game not to). Next time though I will wait until the glitches are fixed!!!

[Post New]by mkohlmil on Oct 19, 10 10:56 PM
Please don't forget about being stuck in the illusionist HOG. I found all the items (including the ring), but when zeroing in on the suitcase nothing happens. Please fix this as well. I am not the only one having this problem. Thank you. I enjoy your games.

Shirm1
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Shirm1 on Oct 20, 10 7:59 AM
Please note: players will need to start a new profile following the installation of the new build to access these updates.

When I started a new profile, it opened at the very beginning of the game.
What am I doing wrong?

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 20, 10 8:00 AM
That is what the profile is for: to store your progress in the game. If you create a new profile you will end up at the beginning.

[Post New]by nanacarolx04 on Oct 20, 10 10:26 AM
I have uninstalled/reinstalled/restarted my computer, numerous times and can not get the game to open at all. I haven't even been able to play.

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 20, 10 10:32 AM
This sounds like a serious technical problem (like DirectX initialization failed etc.).
Maybe you should have a look at the logfile in this folder:
"%appdata%/elephant games/mystery trackers"
(just press WINDOWS+R and paste this string including the " to that dialog).
The file is called "logfile.txt" and should contain some info about the crash.

Of course those information might not help you at all, but you can post them here or send them to the CS, so they can examine the situation better.

Edit: To bring sense into it.

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 4:42:36 PM PST

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Oct 20, 10 5:44 PM
I am glad I read this before completely downloading the update. I am in the final chapter of the game and would not like to start the game from the beginning. I did not encounter the glitches mentioned in the earlier chapters. I definitely do not want to start at the beginning; I am ready to finish this game and move on.

To Big Fish Technical Team:

If it is possible to flag the update before installation and tell people they will have to start over again I think it would be a good idea. I would have been very upset if I'd whiped out my progress and I'm sure other users would be too.

[Post New]by joss_57 on Oct 21, 10 12:44 AM
Hi still pretty new to this looked every where for the walkthrough for this game help would be great please i did a search but came up with different sites.
Thanks Joss

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 21, 10 1:47 AM
You don't have to restart after the update. Your save games are still there (you can backup them if you want, but they weren't harmed when I updated).
It is highly recommended to create a new profile to have a clean state though.
If restarting is absolutely no option for you, you could still just install the update and go on to avoid running into some of the old bugs.

EDIT: To emphasize.

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 1:48:56 AM PST

madragone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by madragone on Oct 22, 10 11:51 AM
I have a problem as I have played the mini-game with the battery and have no button! This means I can't fix the lift and so am unable to progress any further. I have already had to restart the game once because of the mailbox issue - please don't say I have to start all over again. Apart from the technical hitches - loving the game

Re:New version available for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition - October 22nd 2010

[Post New]by bigeyerah on Oct 22, 10 6:44 PM
I may be blind but I didn't see this problem posted. I am on the mini game after opening the suitcase with the three rings. The puzzle is to swap the places with the red hearts and black spades. When I got stuck (which is immediately after the second move) I looked at the strategy guide. It shows starting with 3 spades at the bottom and 3 hearts at the top and one empty space in the middle.

The strategy guide shows a completely different arrangement. It shows the three hearts at the top and 4 spades at the bottom and one space in the middle. Then after some magic moves end up with 3 spades on top and 3 hearts on the bottom and only one extra space in the middle. Somehow the extra spade and the space under it magically disappear at the end.

I can't figure out how to duplicate that magic.

I am equally surprised by the assertion that this game can be played through without any problems. How do you get through this impossible task??

Thanx for any help.

tyroesse
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

Re:New version available for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition - October 22nd 2010

[Post New]by tyroesse on Oct 23, 10 12:45 AM
@bigeyerah
I assume this is a misprint in the guide. It's possible to do with three hearts and three spades to complete the puzzle.

Go to: