bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 19, 10 11:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

Edited on 12/02/2010 at 2:29:46 PM PST

sheb61
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by sheb61 on Oct 19, 10 1:26 PM

I've have hit a glitch. I went to play the intercom mini game at the hotel and I couldn't move the buttons. I then waited for the skip button to charge, hit that and lost my inventory, menu bars etc. Couldn't even exit out of the game! Not good for a CE!!

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 19, 10 2:44 PM
Did you play the new version?
Edit: Removed all script references.

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 4:23:27 PM PST

fishter
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by fishter on Oct 19, 10 5:00 PM
I am having the same problem. I was in the same sence and lost everything. Now I can't close the game out. I even downloaded the new version. Help! For now I will refer to the Help section.
Thanks for listening.

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 20, 10 1:25 AM
Well, Lizzie, I understand your disappointment.

But I am a programmer myself and removing 100% of the bugs is just not possible. And I bet this game was tested, just maybe not enough. I agree that some of the bugs would have been found by just trying out different combinations when doing things. Doing them in a different order often causes problems.
If I was a simple tester in this project I would have reported: Everything is fine, because I got through the main game and the extra without using hint or skip and without seeing any glitch.

And another thing: A CE is never more stable than the normal version (unless it was build later with more bugfixes in it). It shares exactly the same code than the standard version that will come later (and will be more stable from the start as it has this update included already). Here you pay for the extras, technically it is not possible to pay for more stability here.

Just wanted to say those things from my point of view. But as stated above, I can understand your anger and of course it is not the job of the player to find bugs and resolve them. Still the players will always be better testers than the official testers, because there are thousands of them and they have computer configurations and game play methods that the developers never thought of, guaranteed!

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Oct 20, 10 4:02 AM
Hi ScaniX!
Just wanted to pop in and say that you've been most helpful with all of your suggestions! I applaud you!

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 20, 10 4:05 AM
Hi, djrum525!

Thank you very much! Messages like this keep me going.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Oct 20, 10 12:14 PM
What does the update do? I run Vista. The game ran perfectly, well, except that it ended, lol. Very nice game.

sheb61
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheb61 on Oct 20, 10 3:03 PM
I just get one glitch fixed and another crops us. Wow, never had any problems with any other game I have downloaded from Bigfish, what's with this game? Plus, when I reinstall have to start a new profile, this is getting boring!!!

[Post New]by justin_finley69 on Oct 21, 10 9:18 PM
I just bought the game today and its apparently been out for awhile and the only thing im confused on so far is the hearts/spades puzzle it is impossible then when you look at the strategy guide it shows 4 spades and 3 hearts but in actuality there only really 3 heart and 3 spades...this seems like a glitch to me and frustrated me until i had to just skip the puzzle altogether.....plz help :[

[Post New]by Hamish_MacEwan on Oct 22, 10 12:14 AM
Completed the excellent game without flaw. Decided not to install the "fix" until a problem was struck, which it was in the extra game play.

After solving the magnetic ball puzzle (using all the items) and watching it run the maze and into the out tunnel, nothing happened.

The puzzle became unresponsive, no panel appeared on which to enter the Warden's dog's name. The rest of the game continued to function normally.

Ah ha! I have the fix. Installed it and, nothing changed.

While this was less of a tragedy occurring as it did in the extra gameplay, that is actually part of the additional price for the CE and as such should work.

The game's playability is such that it will be played again, and perhaps a different solution won't lock up that puzzle. C'est la vie, never got out of the Cemetary in The Woman In White either.

[Post New]by tsuptsup on Oct 22, 10 8:16 AM
justin_finley69 wrote:I just bought the game today and its apparently been out for awhile and the only thing im confused on so far is the hearts/spades puzzle it is impossible then when you look at the strategy guide it shows 4 spades and 3 hearts but in actuality there only really 3 heart and 3 spades...this seems like a glitch to me and frustrated me until i had to just skip the puzzle altogether.....plz help :[

I have the same problem!! Couldn't solve the puzzle. Strategy guide gives wrong solution ( 4 spades and 3 hearts instead of 3 hearts and 3 spades) Help!! Anyone!!

[Post New]by Yaris1967 on Oct 23, 10 6:19 PM
My Game just keeps freezing up and I cannot close it down, I end up having to reboot the computer by holding in the power switch. I agree with alot of the other comments about this being not good for a CE..... I have been with Bigfish for ages and this game is probably the worst performing yet. I think in future I'll just wait for the normal version to come out and hope for the best.

Shar17444
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Shar17444 on Oct 23, 10 7:36 PM
I am having a problem in the subway, I get the keys from newstand, rivet from bin and then I go to the tunnel to get the wire cutters from the blue barrel. Only one problem, there is no blue barrel and the Strategy Guide picture does not match my tunnel at all. I go straight to the refrigerator part, I think I am missing part of the tunnel, help

tyroesse
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by tyroesse on Oct 24, 10 3:25 AM
Shar17444 wrote:I am having a problem in the subway, I get the keys from newstand, rivet from bin and then I go to the tunnel to get the wire cutters from the blue barrel. Only one problem, there is no blue barrel and the Strategy Guide picture does not match my tunnel at all. I go straight to the refrigerator part, I think I am missing part of the tunnel, help

There are two parts of the tunnel. One part with the refrigerator is in front of the subway car, the second one is behind it.

bratnece
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bratnece on Oct 25, 10 12:12 PM
I am stuck in Chapter 7. Deleted and reinstalled the game. Stratergy guide states that I need the ladder in the broken stairs to get off the deck. If you click on the ladder that leads to the first floor, it takes you back downstrairs.

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Nov 4, 10 3:25 PM

Follow the "Record" thread. Two problems: Either cannot PICK UP the record or problems PLAYING the record (player keys do nothing when pressed). I have the latter problem.
And do not want to start all over. Is there a fix for this?

scuba1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Stuck at the Glove Box (page 47 of the Strategy Guide)

[Post New]by scuba1 on Nov 7, 10 11:50 AM
I have the cassette and have gone to the glove box to retireve the recorder, but it isn't there. I've closed the game and rebooted my PC, but it still isn't there. The hint says "Now I can put the cassette in the tape recorder, which is in my glove box," but it isn't there. The revolver is there, still without bullets, but nothing else.

I opened the glove box at an earlier stage of the game (when fixing the figures) and I think I saw a quickly displayed message about the recorder not having any tapes. However, the recorder is no longer there.

What can I do??

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Nov 8, 10 8:47 AM
@scuba: This is not a technical problem. This sounds like the "I am sitting in the wrong car" problem. The cassette player is in her car and the gun is in his car.

scuba1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by scuba1 on Nov 9, 10 11:00 AM
Thanks ScaiX. Boy do I feel dumb! I have the recorder now!

Go to: