gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Master of Defense - Today's DD - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 20, 10 12:58 AM
I haven't played this one before... Clueless lol...

The first 15 minutes of the demo didn't do much for me...

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 1:59:12 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Master of Defense - Today's DD - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 20, 10 6:34 AM
This comment is probably going to reduce the interest of the young men this game is no doubt targeted at, but I LOVE this strategy game!!

I am an elderly grandmother.....

Oh, well, a satisfied customer is hard to come by these days so, be happy devs.

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 6:59:52 AM PST

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Oct 20, 10 6:38 AM
Oh I love this game. Was quite hooked to it for awhile. Great deal for the DD of the day.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 20, 10 8:34 AM
Nope, this game isn`t for me. I don`t like it. But I hope - and I am sure- many other fishies will enjoy it.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Oct 20, 10 10:15 AM
I bought this game a while ago. Never really fell in love with it. Kinda neat to watch the hordes advance, but I never could come up with the perfect strategy to fend them off. I thought is was frustrating, but that is just me. Played it for a week and then quit. But, if you like tower defense games, it might be fun for you.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 20, 10 10:21 AM
EnvirEng wrote:I bought this game a while ago. Never really fell in love with it. Kinda neat to watch the hordes advance, but I never could come up with the perfect strategy to fend them off. I thought is was frustrating, but that is just me. Played it for a week and then quit. But, if you like tower defense games, it might be fun for you.

Yes, this is a pretty complex game but I'm retired and happy to spend the time to make sure those hordes of monsters don't invade my territories and kill my people!
(It helps that the price fits my budget, as well....)

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 20, 10 11:30 AM
Okay folks - those of you who posted you like it, I'll take your word for it there's a good game in here somewhere... I'll buy it now and try it more later...

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Oct 20, 10 3:31 PM
I tried it and I'm still undecided... I understand the strategy of it and kind of like that part. I just wonder about replayability value, and whether it's going to get too hard for me along the way (I have a number of games I was never able to finish...)

Something I'm wondering about: when you beat all 6 levels in the standard game mode, can you replay any individual level of your choice, or do you have to start over from the beginning?

What about "Survival Mode"? I assume we get different types of lands in that mode if we survive long enough?

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 4:18:57 PM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 20, 10 4:42 PM
The grapihcs were okay. The gameplay is totally strategtic. I found the monsters getting through my line of defenses easily and killing all my people. Normally I am pretty good at this kind of game...not this one. I still can't believe they paid me when people got eaten.

This game is a C.

[Post New]by mjkittredge on May 16, 11 11:17 PM
Great fun, just wish there were more levels and monster types, maybe some more towers and upgrade options.

Go to: