barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

Map - Yawn!

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Oct 20, 10 7:02 AM
Oh no - it can't be true. I have reached the map section of game and am waiting for something to do. I'm getting tired of emptying the storage unit and waiting for map pieces to appear. Sorry but it would be good to have some other tasks. In other sections of the game there were as many as 4 different tasks to complete at the same time.

What's up with this? I sat for an hour last night waiting for map pieces - I already had 4 that I picked up as they appeard but then only 2 more appeared in an hour it seems. WOW - very boring. Sorry.

I finally shut it down to play a different game for awhile.

Up until now I have really enjoyed this game - can someone tell me how long I have to sit through this torcher? LOL

Edit - it has now been 2 1/2 hours with no further map pieces and nothing to do except clean out storage and kill bugs. I now think something is wrong with the game and will post to the technical link.

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 8:40:38 AM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

Re:Map - Yawn!

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Oct 20, 10 9:25 AM
Are you talking about the map pieces that drop while it rains? I have played about 3 hours of the game total but have all pieces except 2, they have been dropping on a regular basis during storms.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Oct 20, 10 9:34 AM
Only six pieces have dropped for me so far unless I missed a few along the way but you would think they would keep dropping so one can get them all.

My game is completely stalled at this point until I can get the rest of the pieces.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Oct 20, 10 9:50 AM
I just went through a complete thunder/rain storm yet no map pieces for me.

I don't know what else to do. I shouldn't have to start over if I missed a piece. They should keep appearing intil all found.

Is anyone else having this issue? Please respond.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Oct 20, 10 1:18 PM
They do reappear, I know, because I missed one of the parts when it first turned up. Usually, though, you should have more to do than just wait for the maps. If it really doesn't change, you might try to start a new game under a new profile - sometimes profiles just get damaged.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Oct 21, 10 7:53 AM
Yes, I suppose my only option is to start over as it's been over 6 hours now and my game will not progress. My game must have been damaged with they had the original problems. I've asked Criogames over and over again to address this issue but they have ignored so far. Others are having similar problems with their games not giving out any further tasks as well so it's not just me.

I think I will delete my current game and download again just in case I have corrupted files lurking around. If that doesn't work, I'll just get a refund. There's no point in paying for a game that can't be played.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Oct 21, 10 4:59 PM
I ended up restarting the game under a new profile and have collected all the map pieces prior to the bakery competition so something most have happened with the last sequence prior to the MS error when we got a new version.

The only thing I can figure is that my original profile became corrupted. Bummer that I had to start over but it seems to be working better with the new profile.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

Map - Yawn!

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Oct 22, 10 7:31 AM
Thanks Bookworm - I started over and completed the game.

[Post New]by knaughthead on Oct 27, 10 4:30 PM
I have picked up all pieces that have appeared and havecompleted the bakery challenge and it still says waiting for map pieces. I'm really sorry I purchased this game

[Post New]by quackieduck on Oct 28, 10 7:08 AM
knaughthead wrote:I have picked up all pieces that have appeared and havecompleted the bakery challenge and it still says waiting for map pieces. I'm really sorry I purchased this game

[Post New]by quackieduck on Oct 28, 10 7:13 AM
Yes - I've also completed the bakery challenge only to find I have only half the map pieces. Life's too short to wait around for these to appear. Won't be buying anything like this again - much too slow and boring (I enjoyed Gemini!)

[Post New]by gamegirl29 on Jan 23, 11 3:48 PM
I am also at this point in the game. How boring! This should really be addressed because all I'm doing is emptying out the storage thing and killing bugs as well. I've been waiting for the map pieces to appear but it is taking forever! I really like the game but this is unfortunate. I have nothing else to do but wait.

[Post New]by MetteCph on Feb 15, 11 1:49 PM
HELP HELP HELP

I need to find a red star, a frog and a black stone with green stripes on it . Does anyone know where they are ??

I will be very happy to finish the map.

Go to: