bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Top Chef

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 19, 08 4:46 PM
Item Names – Before each level begins, you'll receive a list of items that may help in the recipes you are going to be working on. Move your mouse over the pictured items to get their names, this should help you to remember them later on.

Power-Ups – You start with the same amount of power-ups on each challenge. Unused power-ups do not carry over.

Classic Combinations – Once you learn a Classic Combination, they can be used on other levels to earn you extra points.

Stagger Anna – Keep Anna working and keep those ingredients coming. Once Anna has completed processing one ingredient, get her started on the next. Anna will work faster the longer she is working on one ingredient and some items take longer than others.

These are just a few helpful tips for Top Chef. If you have any tips you would like to share with the forum community, please post them here.

Re:Tips and Tricks for Top Chef

[Post New]by stupergenius on Nov 21, 08 7:08 AM
The first technique, and probably the most important, is to always keep Anna working at one station at a time. So, once cooking begins, we simply choose our first ingredient and immediately start Anna cooking on that one ingredient. We then have the time it takes to finish cooking that one ingredient to select the other ingredients for this set. Use this time wisely to choose ingredients that go well together and that will reward you with as many classic combos as possible. More information on which ingredients grant bonuses will follow in a later post. This time can also be used to plan choosing ingredients, because we may not always want to put a red onion in a red slot. If for example there is another empty slot that requires a Mexican spicy ingredient, and there is no red chili pepper, but there is paprika available, then we would place the red onion in the Mexican spicy slot and the paprika in the red slot. These sorts of decisions must take place rather quickly in order to avoid Anna stalling on a dish and losing a flame or losing your max combo bonus.

This is lifted from the Top Chef game site, which I can't credit by linking apparently.

Edited on 11/21/2008 at 9:11:35 AM PST

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Nov 21, 08 8:44 AM
Hello stupergenius. I’m sorry, but I had to remove the URL that you posted here. If you’ll take a look at our FAQ page, you’ll notice that we do not allow our users to post URLs and/or links. If you have any other questions, please consult our FAQ. Thank you.

susan1122
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by susan1122 on Dec 28, 08 10:24 PM
Hi all,

I won't put a link, but if you go to the Top Chef The Game web site they have a list of most of the foods that are classic combos. Very cool! I had to study, but I finished the game and only have 3 levels that aren't Top Chef now.

I really enjoyed this game. Challenging, but not about how fast you can go to one place to another, like a lot of TM games.

Susan

[Post New]by vincit on Dec 31, 10 9:44 PM
I won't put a link, but if you go to the Top Chef The Game web site they have a list of most of the foods that are classic combos. Very cool! I had to study, but I finished the game and only have 3 levels that aren't Top Chef now. http://topchef.org

[Post New]by pekalla1 on Jan 14, 13 3:48 PM
Hello guys,I recently discovered great Top Chef the Game! However, it seems that their webpage is not working anymore, so I can't get the list of classic combos that all of you have been talking about! Does anybody happen to have a list and is willing to c/p here? Thanks!

Go to: