bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 21, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 21, 10 12:19 AM
It Had to be, it just HAD to be a CE! Buying this would take me over my 2nd, punchcard and onto my third. Decisions, decisions

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 21, 10 12:23 AM
Buy!!! It's fascinating!!!

Halotop
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Halotop on Oct 21, 10 12:56 AM
I bought... agree... fascinating.... BUT why no in game strategy ???

And..when will there be one on the forums????

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Oct 21, 10 1:24 AM
Quality graphics though some objects are a bit on the tough side. The recharge for hints is slow but there is a silouette option. Voice overs are very well done and the music is perfect for the story. The map is invaluable, consult it on a regular basis. Not sure I particularly care for the cursor set up as I don't like multifunctional cursors....ones that have a ? mark, then grab or simply point. I don't think there is an overclicking penalty and I have done my share of clicking So far the mini games are fairly routine but with little direction. This game may entail a lot of back tracking as there are several objectives to accompolish. Not the easiest one I've played this year. I would guess this to be a 4+ hour game (342,700 kbs) The trial is about 1/2 that. Definitely a buy here.

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 1:32:20 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 21, 10 1:51 AM
grabbinbugs wrote:Quality graphics though some objects are a bit on the tough side. The recharge for hints is slow but there is a silouette option. Voice overs are very well done and the music is perfect for the story. The map is invaluable, consult it on a regular basis. Not sure I particularly care for the cursor set up as I don't like multifunctional cursors....ones that have a ? mark, then grab or simply point. I don't think there is an overclicking penalty and I have done my share of clicking So far the mini games are fairly routine but with little direction. This game may entail a lot of back tracking as there are several objectives to accompolish. Not the easiest one I've played this year. I would guess this to be a 4+ hour game (342,700 kbs) The trial is about 1/2 that. Definitely a buy here.

Just to add. There is a penalty for over clicking, looks like breaking glass for a couple of seconds. I tried for quite a while, so it is not a case of 2 or 3 clicks, which is not toooo bad. I like many others, do not like penalties for over clicking

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Oct 21, 10 2:09 AM
Thank you Peglegann for the correction on the over clicking At least it doesn't zap you 2 clicks out but gives you some leeway.

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 2:11:36 AM PST

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Oct 21, 10 3:54 AM
Halotop wrote:I bought... agree... fascinating.... BUT why no in game strategy ???

What do you mean with no in game strategy..they advertise the game (collectors edition) having a integrated strategy guide? Is this not true?

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 21, 10 4:29 AM
The game strategy is clearly marked on the lower left hand side of the screen and it works. I don't understand???
Dr.good

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 21, 10 5:06 AM
Just to add. There is a penalty for over clicking, looks like breaking glass for a couple of seconds. I tried for quite a while, so it is not a case of 2 or 3 clicks, which is not toooo bad. I like many others, do not like penalties for over clicking

You're correct. It's not 2 or 3 clicks.......It's 4. But hey! Who's countin'. It's a great game and please don't be offended.... just joking around.
Dr.good

Doctorgood my friend Are you joshing me, or are you serious? LOL! I tried clicking numerous times just to try. \maybe I clicked too fast for it? Happy gaming to all. Think I may have to hold out until next month for this.

shamaho
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by shamaho on Oct 21, 10 8:49 AM
This is freaky, I searched BF about a week ago out of curiosity to see if they had a "Phantom" game. Way to make my morning guys!

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 8:49:52 AM PST

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Oct 21, 10 12:07 PM
I played the 60mins demo and bought it. I don't normally buy the C.E but enjoyed the demo so much just couldn't resist this time. Great game.

[Post New]by Bernie545 on Oct 22, 10 7:34 AM
I need help in locating the blue heart. I found the white heart, but cannot find the blue one to go on. Please help

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 22, 10 8:07 AM
You can see the room it is in on your map. Can't remember where exactly it is on that screen, but usually it sparkles.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by minesita on Oct 22, 10 4:09 PM
At this game I can't pick the twig up in the conservatory to prepare absinthe... Is some bug ? Please, help me, just I bought the game

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Oct 22, 10 4:48 PM
Hi minesita, the twig to prepare the absinthe is not in the conservatory. It is outside in the snow scene, the twig is on the branch that is lying in the snow near the right side.

blu_j_10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by blu_j_10 on Oct 22, 10 5:23 PM
Mentalistlvr wrote:
Halotop wrote:I bought... agree... fascinating.... BUT why no in game strategy ???

What do you mean with no in game strategy..they advertise the game (collectors edition) having a integrated strategy guide? Is this not true?

There is one, but very limited on help. Didn't use it much til the end, and found it somewhat useless. How do you get to the opera box????

Edited on 10/22/2010 at 5:26:13 PM PST

sbing
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sbing on Oct 22, 10 7:03 PM
Stuck trying to get the phonograph in the Woman's changing room. Looked at the guide and it says to look by shattered mirror, but there is no shattered mirror. Need the death mask to get the black rose to shatter the mirror, but need the comedy mask to get into Christine's room to get the death mask.

Any help??

Where is the Phantom's Mirror Area in the Bonus Game?

[Post New]by Blitzen17 on Oct 22, 10 8:24 PM
where is the phantom's mirror area in the bonus game? I'm looking for the last shard.

Thanks.

[Post New]by wombat63 on Oct 23, 10 3:07 AM
sounds silly but stuck on canopic jars - can anyone give a hint

Go to: