guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses forum

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 20, 08 6:03 AM
Help!!! Finally I find a Nancy Drew game I can understand and play and I am stumped! I am in the reptile room where I am supposed to put snakes back. I found the stick to herd them with but there is no way to pick it up. Also, there is no snakes to be seen anywhere!

Is this a glitch or have I done something wrong. I was doing so well before that and was really enjoying it.

Can someone please help. Many thanks.

smfmmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by smfmmom on Nov 20, 08 6:31 AM
click the stick then move mouse aroud to find snakes then the second you see one click it then go back click stick and keep going till they are all caught some are hard to see and its not just snakes you need to find look for other reptiles too

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 20, 08 7:04 AM
Thanks alot for writing back so quickly but I have clicked on the stick and nothing happens. It is the one on the wall with a curved end to it isn't it?

RHODAP50
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by RHODAP50 on Nov 20, 08 10:12 AM
Yes that is the stick, you can't move it, click on it get the big circle and then click on the snakes etc, they too will appear in a big circle, each time you get a snake you need to click back on the stick, continue till you have caught all the reptiles. Good Luck

This is the only Nancy Drew I have ever been able to do, makes me think someone new has devised this one, I have bought no end in the past and got no where with them

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 20, 08 11:08 AM
Thanks for the tips. It has confirmed that I have a glitch. I have deleted the game and redownloaded it. I will try again.

Yes, I have the other Nancy Drews and can't get anywhere with them either and I have the strategy books as well!

I fell in love with this one and have been very dissappointed with this problem I'm having.

You've been great. Thanks alot. Wish me luck this time around!

[Post New]by SunnySunshine89 on Nov 20, 08 11:20 AM
hi i have got a problem in the wardrobe can't reach the wigs
can you help me please?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 20, 08 12:42 PM
guylee1 wrote:Thanks for the tips. It has confirmed that I have a glitch. I have deleted the game and redownloaded it. I will try again.

Yes, I have the other Nancy Drews and can't get anywhere with them either and I have the strategy books as well!

I fell in love with this one and have been very dissappointed with this problem I'm having.

That stinks! I went back and played it and when you first get there you shold see a circle on the stick and one in the center of the screen where the battery is.

Talania1
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Talania1 on Nov 20, 08 2:32 PM
I am so stuck in the lobby where you have to disable the camera ...have the camera, phone and clock but cannot seem to find anything else to interact with and none of the prelisted items interact with each other. Some help would be appreciated.

Nevermind I got it for some reason it just did not wanna light up for me for a bit, probably lag on my part.

Thanks,
Tal

Edited on 11/20/2008 at 2:36:37 PM PST

Midge3430
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Midge3430 on Nov 20, 08 4:01 PM
I'm having a problem figuring out what to do in the scene where you're supposed to get to the docks. The concrete wall has a crack in it but I cannot figure out what to do next. I have scanned the entire scene and nothing highlights other than the newspaper. I know it's probably something simple and once I find out I will probably kick myself. Any help would be appreciated!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 20, 08 4:03 PM
Midge3430 wrote:I'm having a problem figuring out what to do in the scene where you're supposed to get to the docks. The concrete wall has a crack in it but I cannot figure out what to do next. I have scanned the entire scene and nothing highlights other than the newspaper. I know it's probably something simple and once I find out I will probably kick myself. Any help would be appreciated!

I think you use your hand on the wall....

Midge3430
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Midge3430 on Nov 20, 08 4:08 PM
Nevermind I knew I'd kick myself - got it!

[Post New]by blaster6 on Nov 20, 08 4:30 PM
Got the game today, but I can't play. I keep getting the error message:
Could not intialize Direct Sound. Please be sure Sound card is installed and all drivers are up to date.

Yet, I have sound for all the other games I've installed. I need help. I'm so ready to play this game. Can anybody help?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 20, 08 4:48 PM
blaster6 wrote:Got the game today, but I can't play. I keep getting the error message:
Could not intialize Direct Sound. Please be sure Sound card is installed and all drivers are up to date.

Yet, I have sound for all the other games I've installed. I need help. I'm so ready to play this game. Can anybody help?

Hi blaster- welcome to the forums!

Sorry you are having trouble. Did you allow DirectX to install? I would also try re-installing. If that dosent work, contact tech support.

[Post New]by stuck_ongames on Nov 20, 08 4:58 PM
Good evening everyone! I was wondering about the Nancy Drew game. I have downloaded and bought a couple of the others but was unable to play them because they ran in slow motion and my cursor just kinda floated where ever it wanted. I contacted tech support several times and could never come up with a solution. Anyway, since i read this is somewhat different than the other series I wondered if it would run properly? Would anyone have any idea? I hate to purchase it first since there is no trial if it won't work. Thanks for any info!

susan1122
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by susan1122 on Nov 20, 08 8:45 PM
Hi Stuck, This link shows the difference in system requirements between the adventure series and the dossier series. It seems you need less disk space for the dossier game...maybe it will work? Oh, but more ram....hmmmm

http://www.herinteractive.com/prod/lcc/comparison.shtml

Edited on 11/20/2008 at 8:47:22 PM PST

[Post New]by stuck_ongames on Nov 20, 08 9:28 PM
thanks susan..i will check

susan1122
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by susan1122 on Nov 21, 08 6:36 AM
Thanks Prpldva,

For some reason I can't edit it...but now I know for the future.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 21, 08 6:37 AM
No worries- looks like they missed it.

1Judes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by 1Judes on Nov 21, 08 7:23 AM
guylee1 wrote:Thanks for the tips. It has confirmed that I have a glitch. I have deleted the game and redownloaded it. I will try again.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Nov 21, 08 8:20 AM
This is just my humble opinion, but while I enjoyed playing this game it was relatively easy and too short. I finished it within a few hours and was surprised it was over!

I love all the Nancy Drew games but this one was a bit too short for me. I know they are from different companies and I did think it was fun, just would have like it to last longer.

Go to: