bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted Lands: Shadow Town

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 22, 10 12:39 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Twisted Lands: Shadow Town? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted Lands: Shadow Town

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 22, 10 12:45 AM
Well,for everyone that was "on the fence" about buying this game in CE format here's the SE! I still think it's a great game, no glitches, great graphics, just a really enjoyable game. I bought the CE and thought I got my moneys worth.Here's the SE so have at it!
Dr.good

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Oct 22, 10 1:11 AM
Thanks Dr. Good. I was one of the ones waiting so I will definitely go ahead & buy it now

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Oct 22, 10 2:52 AM
Hooray! I was also in the waiting room.

Based on the demo, I thought this was one of the best this last month.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 22, 10 2:54 AM
doctorgood wrote:Well,for everyone that was "on the fence" about buying this game in CE format here's the SE! I still think it's a great game, no glitches, great graphics, just a really enjoyable game. I bought the CE and thought I got my moneys worth.Here's the SE so have at it!
Dr.good

Many people -- both PC and MAC -- did have technical issues. Apparently not enough to warrant BFG interaction with the developer, but I would still beware. The glitches came well into the game. Among others, the final cut scene was black, so the ending remained a mystery.

Tech issues thread for Twisted CE:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/118409.page

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 22, 10 3:05 AM
shorenuf wrote:
doctorgood wrote:Well,for everyone that was "on the fence" about buying this game in CE format here's the SE! I still think it's a great game, no glitches, great graphics, just a really enjoyable game. I bought the CE and thought I got my moneys worth.Here's the SE so have at it!
Dr.good

Many people -- both PC and MAC -- did have technical issues. Apparently not enough to warrant BFG interaction with the developer, but I would still beware. The glitches came well into the game. Among others, the final cut scene was black, so the ending remained a mystery.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/118409.page

Played great on my vista home premium 64 bit.
Dr.good

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Oct 22, 10 3:33 AM
Dr.good

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Oct 22, 10 3:34 AM
YAY! IVE BEEN WAITING TOO!!!

Edited on 10/22/2010 at 3:35:47 AM PST

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Oct 22, 10 3:37 AM
Thanks for that Dr Good.
I will now buy (I have been waiting for a reccomendtion) many happy gaming hours to follow.
purplehatlady

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 22, 10 4:13 AM
I have waited for the release of the standard version. I liked also the CE, but not enough for buying at the higher price. It has everything I expecting from a good ihog: Great graphic, good story, you can choose between easy (you see sparkle areas) or harder mode, items are good to see (no tiny objects or too dark). It a buy for me

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 22, 10 4:31 AM
If you do run into the "black screen" for the final cutscene, contact tech support and they wil walk you through the fix, which could be slightly different for each user. It was well worth having to replay the game to see the final cutscene.

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Oct 22, 10 4:40 AM
This is my sort of game. It's a definite buy for me. Thanks BFG.

larwen
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by larwen on Oct 22, 10 5:32 AM
Yep, I'm buying it now. I was really torn on buying the CE, I wanted to, but I kept putting it off. I did buy yesterday's CE so I guess it's ok that I got this one SE.

It's going to be a good day!

[Post New]by nancyhucksfollis on Oct 22, 10 6:29 AM
Is there a walkthrough with this game -- I know with CE walkthrough comes with the game Thanks, Nancy

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 22, 10 8:08 AM
I was waiting for that but now that I played The Void, I'm a little reluctant. Might spend one of my PC credits here as there's nothing else worth buying ... and there's the Opera blinking at me which would mean 3 more punches and another 5th credit......

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Oct 22, 10 8:31 AM
I having been waiting for this one too. I am HOG fan and this one is right up my alley.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 22, 10 9:06 AM
I purchased the CE version and was extremely pleased with the game. Had absolutely no problems on my computer. Great graphics, great game play. Highly recommend this one.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Oct 22, 10 12:43 PM
An absolute cracker of a game. Just the perfect amount of moving around, HOG, not to demanding puzzles but puzzling none the less. No tech probs on my Windows 7 64 bit.

I do hope there will be a sequal

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Oct 22, 10 2:13 PM
I beta'd this and loved it, once it got going. (Slow stupid start, with the boat drama..but got much better). When the CE came out I don't think I ever got around to playing the demo, which didn't matter because I knew I wasn't buying the CE. Now I shall probably buy the SE. Seemed to take forever for the SE to be out.

jpflier
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jpflier on Oct 22, 10 6:01 PM
doctorgood wrote:
shorenuf wrote:
Dr.good

Played great on my vista home premium 64 bit.
Dr.good

Glad it worked on your Vista Home Premium 64 bit, it didn't on mine. Have posted on tech page, hope I get to join the fun soon...

Edited on 10/22/2010 at 6:03:04 PM PST

Go to: