bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Twisted Lands: Shadow Town technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 22, 10 12:39 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Shadow Town technical issues here only

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Oct 22, 10 5:23 AM
Don't know if this is a glitch or a linear problem but I thought I should post it. Got to the basement and unlocked it and had to play a **** and then couldn't get into the basement. So I went upstairs and did something (don't want to spoil it) and then a message came up for me to go to the basement. Went back to basement and did the same **** screen and then it wouldn't let me in again. So I'm back to square one. Seems it should at least let me in to look around. Also the music goes in and out on me but it's not a big deal because I usually shut it off anyway. Well, back to game or walkthrough and if I get stuck in basement again I hope I can blow it up! Still enjoying it tho. Good luck and good gaming to all!

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Oct 22, 10 10:33 AM
I'd like to just add a note to the post above and say I don't think it's a glitch or linear. I've gotten past it and I think it was a puzzle of some kind. Never seen it in a game like this before but it was a little frustrating but definitely different.

sicwaf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sicwaf on Oct 22, 10 3:58 PM
My install has failed twice and have never had a problem with any game at BF.

HELP!!!

[Post New]by byers3132 on Oct 22, 10 4:00 PM
Ditto, mine won't install either.

mariets
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mariets on Oct 22, 10 4:08 PM
Mine keep saying that it's failed to install too.

[Post New]by lkaywht on Oct 22, 10 4:10 PM
I, too, had installed the Collector's Edition with no problem but I have tried several times to install this standard edition and it won't go!

[Post New]by ezondii on Oct 22, 10 4:10 PM
I can't get a successful download either. I haven't ever experienced a failed download on BF. My OS is Windows 7, is this the issue?

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Oct 22, 10 4:10 PM
Mine won't install either and I cleared cache and tried another browser with no change.

[Post New]by feistylilcwgrl on Oct 22, 10 4:11 PM
Wont install for me either. I guess Ill wait somewhat patiently until someone figures this one out.

[Post New]by purpleladyljr on Oct 22, 10 4:17 PM
Add me to the list of those who get a failed installation message. I, too, had the CE with no problems and I uninstalled it to see if that was the problem. Please fix it soon. I'll try to wait patiently.

dexter3657
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by dexter3657 on Oct 22, 10 4:23 PM
I too cannot get this game to install. I have tried twice...uninstalled...reinstalled and keep getting "The installer could not write to the Game Directory location you have chosen on drive C: (769-2)".
I looked in the online help sections but it does not mention an error message 769-2. Dunno, never had a problem installing before. Would be interested to know if anyone else has contacted customer support and if so what they were told.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 22, 10 4:31 PM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks for letting us know about the installation error. We would really appreciate it if you could write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report.

This report will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information; it will only provide information related to helping your game work properly. It will be able to determine if any updates, repairs or adjustments are needed and the tech rep can walk you through them.

First, download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

To contact Tech Support, click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

jpflier
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jpflier on Oct 22, 10 4:40 PM
bamlink wrote:How very odd!

I downloaded Twisted Lands twice and both times, the game experiences a failure to install. And that's after downloading about 150 games successfully - including the Collector's Edition of Twisted Lands. I though maybe something had gone haywire with my config, so I tried downloading another game and it downloaded perfectly. I guess my system just doesn't like the SE of this game. Even odder is that looking at this thread, I appear to be the only one with this problem. I guess you can never tell. Looked like a good game, too.

I am having the same problem, except I bought it without downloading the "Try It!" first. I tried the CE version and liked it and was just waiting for the SE to buy. A mistake I will never make again. Going to Tech Support as I have tried several of their "help" suggestions without luck. Will report back if they can help with this. Oh, as an FYI I am getting the error message 769-2 too. Have tried to reinstall Adobe Flash as suggested as well as reinstalling game manager and also reinstalling the game twice. Nothing...hope I hear from Tech soon.

Edited on 10/22/2010 at 5:36:22 PM PST

[Post New]by cvmillan on Oct 22, 10 5:03 PM
I just sent the Dr. Felix file. I also keep getting the "Installation Failed" message and have never gotten that before.

Paminca
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Paminca on Oct 22, 10 5:11 PM
So glad I checked here. I have tried to install this game over and over with no luck. I waited 5 weeks to get it and am hoping mad. I've tried everything. Dumped and reinstalled the Game manager, turned off my fire wall, followed the directions in the Help section. Even wrote asking if I couldn't get it to work if I could get my credit refunded. I'd rather have the game. The error I keep getting is 769-2. Does that mean anything to anyone?

Edited on 10/22/2010 at 5:16:42 PM PST

sukibabe
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by sukibabe on Oct 22, 10 5:12 PM
I am having the same problem!

My C: drive is way full, so I load all my games now to an internal F: drive.

When I tried Alawar's copy, it wouldn't load to to F: either, there was no option to custom install anymore, just a push for you to download "Bing's" Toolbar!

So, I think the problem is with Alawar getting paranoid! PF used to only let you load to C: drive, that's why I always waited till they came here!

If that is the case, no more Alawar games for me!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent, Suki

P.S. I can install Alawar's copy to C: drive, might blow up that drive, rofl, but it does play!

Edited on 10/22/2010 at 5:31:41 PM PST

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Oct 22, 10 5:26 PM
ok tried three times,download failed,so I will see if it gets fix,downloading
the CE version to see ,tried another game that was fine.ok the CE download find an is running fine,so its in the regular one that is not working,will check back later to see if it is fix.I know BF will fix it

Yarnalee
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Yarnalee on Oct 22, 10 5:28 PM
I'm adding a big "ME, TOO!" to the can't install it list.

Sheria
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Sheria on Oct 22, 10 5:42 PM

Tried to download and install 5 times. Game appears to download fully. Goes to Validation. Then I get Installation failed. I received error message 769-2.

Each try, I removed the game. I also uninstalled the game manager and received a new install with the download of another game. I created a new folder in my program files folder for the download and adjusted the manager to download there. Again, same problem. Also, no files appear where the download was supposed to happen. I have 200 GB free space on my C: drive. I've downloaded 100's of games without issue (see my history). Nothing is new on my computer or changed since my last 10 downloads. I was able to download another game without a problem. Spoke to live chat and uploaded DrFelix results. Will upload here as well.

Go to: