dire cove (snow shoes)

[Post New]by bear2515 on Oct 22, 10 9:04 PM
played the whole game -what do i do with the snow shoes????

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:dire cove (snow shoes)

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 22, 10 10:25 PM
Don't worry about the leftover snow shoes. Turned out it was an error in the game and should have disappeared from inventory when used before. Drove a lot of players bananas on threads til BF found the oops.

I was one who backtracked forever trying to use them. All in all we later got a lot of laughs over "the perfect game". So, you've finished it, congratulations!

Edited on 10/22/2010 at 10:26:20 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 23, 10 3:42 AM
Turned out it was an error in the game and should have disappeared from inventory when used before.
Where did you get that one from?
If you used (up) the snowshoes the first time you went to the farmhouse and barn, how would you ever get back?

You have to have the snowshoes but you never have to use them.

[Post New]by bear2515 on Oct 27, 10 10:32 PM
ty very much though i missed something ty ty

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 28, 10 6:34 AM
The response about the snowshoes in the questions thread is a joke.
Many people didn't understand the snowshoes because they behave differently to any other inventory item.

Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express treats snowshoes slightly differently. You click them on you to use them (3rd person), but this option wasn't possible in DG as the game is in 1st person and you aren't clickable.

patmosby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by patmosby on Nov 9, 10 2:30 PM
You are so right about the shoe shoes working differently. I played thru a second and again they were left so I came here for answers and I guess as long as you have then they are considered ON YOUR FEET when needed. I remember in a Nancy Drew game that you needed snow shoes and had to actually click on them when necessary or you would sink into the snow and ooops that was a 'no good'.
Glad to know that I actually was wearing them when needed in DG

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 9, 10 2:49 PM
patmosby wrote:You are so right about the shoe shoes working differently. I played thru a second and again they were left so I came here for answers and I guess as long as you have then they are considered ON YOUR FEET when needed. I remember in a Nancy Drew game that you needed snow shoes and had to actually click on them when necessary or you would sink into the snow and ooops that was a 'no good'.
Glad to know that I actually was wearing them when needed in DG
The White Wolf of Icicle Creek.

Go to: