Mystery of the Earl

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery of the Earl

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 23, 10 12:05 AM
Lillian's fiancee, Christian, has been kidnapped by an evil witch right before the wedding! Christian has been tricked and double-crossed and now needs Lillian's help to escape from the wretched witch. Lillian travels to his estate to find it in shambles and under the influence of a sleeping spell. With the help of the Fairy Queen, it's up to you to solve the Mystery of the Earl in this fun and exciting Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

Edited on 10/23/2010 at 8:01:17 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Mystery of the Earl

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 23, 10 12:38 AM
Oops... I was posting in the CCC before they put up the game forum... my bad

Rats!!! I am stuck in the same spot in the second scene where I got stuck in the beta!! Can anyone pick up up the wine glass after it is in their inventory (I am referring to the scene in her chambers)????

I am not sure if it is me doing something wrong or a glitch in the game....
Will someone please post and tell me if they are able to pick up that glass...

Thx a mill
shadowfax

Edited on 10/23/2010 at 12:39:22 AM PST

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Oct 23, 10 12:39 AM
I played for 1/2 hour . Most things are very small and way too light to see. It's very hard to make out the objects when you are looking for them. Not happy with this game so far but will give it another chance in the morning. Now I'm off to sleep and rest my old eyes.Good Night or should I say Good Morning, cause it's now 3:40 AM.zzzzzzzzzzz

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Oct 23, 10 12:45 AM
Hi shadowfax,
I was able to pick up the wine glass and give it to her.
Anyway, this game does not appeal to me. Those diamonds are so light and difficult to find them all. Most items are also very small. The graphics are too modern for the era that is depicted, and not really that nice.

Guess I have been spoilt by that wonderful CE Phantom Of The Opera which I have been playing and having so much fun, with such wonderful graphics and gameplay.

Well, off to play again, and deleting this Mystery Of The Earl. Not a buy for me.

Happy Gaming to those who like it though.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 23, 10 12:48 AM
No kidding??? When I put the cursor on that glass it doesn't label it or anything. It's like it isn't there.... Sheesh... crud. It's not sounding like it's really worth the effort anyway... thanks barregar...

Maybe tomorrow...

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Oct 23, 10 12:49 AM
Oh, forgot to add that you have to pour the wine into the glass and then give it to her, unless you tried that already?

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Oct 23, 10 1:07 AM
This game is just too childish. The so called music with the harps and piano quite annoying. Your not only looking for regular objects but also broken pieces of objects. Some of which are blended in so well you can`t make them out without the little fairy cheats help. Didn`t play but half of the demo before deleting the game. Maybe for some younger teen or child who likes fairy tales. Going back to Phantom of The Opera CE and finish the extra chapter which I finally opened.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 23, 10 1:14 AM
I was able to pick up the glass. My problem with this game is finding the objects. I had to use the hint button, or I would have never found most of them. It said you collect the diamonds to unlock screen savers. Big deal. I don't use them on my computer. It is a no buy for me.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Oct 23, 10 1:24 AM
This game will appeal to those of you Fishies who enjoy a practice in patience and perseverence. I bought Dr. Lynch a long time ago and it seemed 'easier' in comparison. Frustrating regardless. The objects are so small and obscure that it is almost impossible to find them. This game will take a long time regardless of how many chapters. I might subject myself to this torture if it ever comes us as a DD but not before. My frustration meter just hit it's peak tonight and had to quite after 10 minutes in the Demo.

Edited on 10/23/2010 at 1:25:58 AM PST

[Post New]by 100sand1000s on Oct 23, 10 1:27 AM
Yip, I had the same issues as some of the earlier posts...couldn't pick up champagne in inventory...didn't think much of it any who so quit out and couldn't leave the screen with the creepy guys pictures flipping up on the little mirror...ewwww. Sorry...it was creepy...the guys weren't creepy IYKWIM!! Had to shut the game down in my task bar...no buy for me.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Oct 23, 10 1:28 AM
This game sounded interesting at first.............but it is so hard to see anything. Thank goodness there is no "too many clicks" penalty because I started clicking everything on the screen. Might have been an okay game if it wasn't for the massive eye strain. Need one of those huge magnifying glasses they use for quilting and such. lol

No buy here either, wait for another day.
Joy

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 23, 10 1:58 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:No kidding??? When I put the cursor on that glass it doesn't label it or anything. It's like it isn't there.... Sheesh... crud. It's not sounding like it's really worth the effort anyway... thanks barregar...

Maybe tomorrow...

I second the motion........motion carried......we regroup here tomorrow 0700 Zulu time.
Dr.good

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Oct 23, 10 2:13 AM
No sale!

Slow to load.
Slow from scene to scene.
If the box hidden object scene in Lillian's chamber had gone any slower it would have stopped.

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 10:51:40 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 23, 10 2:17 AM
barregar wrote:Oh, forgot to add that you have to pour the wine into the glass and then give it to her, unless you tried that already?

I had already poured from the flask and was to the point I wanted to drink whatever was in that glass myself... if I could have picked the friggin' thing up!!!

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Oct 23, 10 5:06 AM
I had a problem here too.......my cursor wouldn't move far enough across the menu box with the wine glass in, to be able to pick it up......

but I changed from full screen mode to small screen...and I could reach it

For me, I love the gorgeous pretty graphics.........reminds me of Dream Day Wedding Bella Italia........lovely when it's cold and wet outside . So if you like dark spooky games you won't like this - but if you like colourful pretty ones then this fits the bill

but I do agree with others that the items are hard to see
I reckon they designed the graphics full screen, and then they've made the menu boxes at the side and bottom too big, and had to shrink the scenery too much so we can't see it properly. (MInd you that doesn't explain the tricky colours, like putting a brown rose against a tree trunk....)
Not sure if I'll buy it or not.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Oct 23, 10 6:30 AM
Same problem for me too with the wine glass.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Oct 23, 10 6:51 AM
Yikes, what a sappy story. I played 8 minutes of it before I felt I needed an insulin shot from all the sappiness and deleted it. Now, I just have to delete it from my memory!

In a word.............BLEECH!!!

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Oct 23, 10 6:56 AM
Very sloooooow gameplay. Everything moved in slow motion. I could see the objects I needed but I couldn't pick them up. I even had the custom cursor turned off but that still didn't help. So....

NO buy for me. Had to ctrl-alt-delete to get out of the game.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 23, 10 8:33 AM
This is a sweet / cute game that will probably appeal to the younger ones amongst us. For us older fishies and for me in particular is was a "major snooze". If it moved any slower it would have been called "farming".

deelberger
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by deelberger on Oct 23, 10 11:35 AM
I could not pick up the glass of champagne either, this game is one of the worst ones they've come out with in a while...def. a no buy for me, since I'm not even going to bother finishing the free trial! Very disappointing. I'm also upset that BF keeps coming out with Collector Editions of the games first, which are priced double and you can't use credits to buy them! That's ridiculous, I paid my $6.99 for the credit so why can't I use that towards the cost of the game??? Wish they'd put out the regular versions first and then offer the CEs for those who want them. I don't know of many ppl who are collectors of HOG computer games anyways!!

Go to: