prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Alternate Ending

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 20, 08 8:36 AM
Ok- I made it there on my second run through. Meh! Not that big a deal.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Alternate Ending

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 20, 08 8:45 AM
What I did, was click on the stick then hold my cursor where a snake traveled, when the sparkles started-click and you caught him.

You cant wrangle the reptiles until you put the battery in your flashlight though.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 20, 08 8:59 AM
OK you really have me confused now. In the objects to find it says 0. My cursor stays as a magnafying glass. The area with the flashight is not light up so there is nothing I can use. Ooooh what is wrong with this picture?!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 20, 08 9:00 AM
Look in the lower right I think for a note- this should activate the next items

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 20, 08 9:09 AM
Me again

You're right there is a note but my cursor doesn't do anything. Do you think it is because it looks like a magnifying glass? Is this a glitch that is stopping me from continuing?

By the way, you are an angle to help out like this. I appreciate it very much.

PetraElster
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by PetraElster on Nov 20, 08 3:10 PM
Get the batteries first in the middle of the room and use them on your flashlight.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 23, 08 4:04 PM
It looks like it takes a score of 300,000 to get the alternate ending.

Here is what is different in the alternate ending:
Drag your cursor to highlight the area below and read the alternate ending.

In the alternate ending we discover that Z. B. Collinwood, the director of the original film, switched the real jewel of Karnak for a fake one. Lois Manson stole the fake jewel, thinking it was real, and then faked her death and faded into history.

Arthur Hitchens returned the jewel to the Egyptian museum from which it had been stolen eighty years earlier. This generated a lot of good publicity and his movie was a smash hit.

Jorge Jackson was disappointed that the movie was a success because he wanted to see Arthur Hitchens fail.

The endings for Eda and Molly are the same.

End of alternate ending.

Edited on 11/29/2008 at 4:22:13 PM PST

susan1122
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by susan1122 on Nov 29, 08 4:09 PM
Hey Lizzie,

I beat it twice and got the alternate ending, but don't remember Nancy finding the gem. Can you describe that for me?

Thanks!
Susan

susan1122
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by susan1122 on Nov 29, 08 4:13 PM
Hey Shastac2,

Why do you have to restart your pc? Usually is says try again and you can just hit yeah, and do it? About the bombs, make sure they are by/on top of rocks or the boxes. And keep the colors (bombs & fuses) separate. In other words yellow bombs with yellow fuses. If you mix a blue or another color in there it starts getting harder.

Susan

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Nov 30, 08 8:47 AM
Susan,
The game won't allow me to quit, that is why I have to restart my pc, if I don't want to try again. I tried several times and couldn't beat it so I decided to quit the game and go back later to try again but there was no way to quit the game at this point. I even tried to close the game from the task bar and couldn't.

Thanks for your help!
shastac2

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Nov 4, 11 2:45 PM
Thanks for this- I was hoping someone would post a spoiler because my motor coordination is just not fast enough for the arcade style minigames and I was so grateful just to get through.
I had been wondering if Eda would turnout in the alternate ending to be Lois's daughter or granddaughter - not just the resemblance but all thouse memoribilia she had, some so personal.

LizzieK wrote:It looks like it takes a score of 300,000 to get the alternate ending.

Here is what is different in the alternate ending:
Drag your cursor to highlight the area below and read the alternate ending.

In the alternate ending we discover that Z. B. Collinwood, the director of the original film, switched the real jewel of Karnak for a fake one. Lois Manson stole the fake jewel, thinking it was real, and then faked her death and faded into history.

Arthur Hitchens returned the jewel to the Egyptian museum from which it had been stolen eighty years earlier. This generated a lot of good publicity and his movie was a smash hit.

Jorge Jackson was disappointed that the movie was a success because he wanted to see Arthur Hitchens fail.

The endings for Eda and Molly are the same.

End of alternate ending.

Go to: