bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystery of the Earl forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 23, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Mystery of the Earl forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery of the Earl players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Mystery of the Earl forum

[Post New]by yellowbalu on Oct 23, 10 8:57 PM
hi there! cant start the game...after download is a button error

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by 4522 on Oct 24, 10 3:20 PM
Me too, seems everything downloaded fine but when game starts to load it gives the bigfish screen and then a "fun linker" screen, purple bar saying loading goes al the way across to the right and then it all seems to just stall at that point. I can't even get out of it, I needed to restart my computer. Tried that three times actually. Still not getting it. I'll wait a day or soo and then I guess I will just remove it.

[Post New]by supersharon332 on Oct 24, 10 5:53 PM
In the bedroom, I can't get the flask out of the inventory because it is on the right side - the cursor is too big and it behaves as if there is nothing there. On the left side of the inventory, the cursor scrolls over and names the item, and you can pick it up. The cursor doesn't recognize items on the right side because it can't scroll over - the cursor is way too big.

[Post New]by nbean2326 on Oct 25, 10 9:03 AM
I cannot get this game to download properly. I download it and then when i try to play - just a flash happens then goes right to the big fish game box and asks if i want to play again. I already deleted and re-downloaded it - any help on this?

[Post New]by pueblorose on Oct 25, 10 1:36 PM
I wanted to try this Game, it looks really cute, but after downloading it and signing in for it I can't do anything else. The pretty purple pointer just floats around the screen willy-nilly, tyher is no way to control it. Is there any help for this?

Kiwicouple
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Kiwicouple on Oct 25, 10 5:44 PM
I really liked this game until I reached the full wine glass bug. Nothing I did fixed it so I just uninstalled.

Please fix the bugs.

TIA!

[Post New]by catwhisperer13 on Oct 25, 10 8:40 PM
I finished this game. Some of it was great. Some of it was kind of lame. I loved the mini puzzles but they were super easy. A little more difficulty would be better. The graphics of the people were pretty unimpressive but the backgrounds were very nice. Overall, it was a good game but I don't feel it was long enough.

One question... Once you open the screen savers, where are they downloaded to? I pressed install, it says it was installed but I can't find the file.

Thanks.

Edited on 10/25/2010 at 8:43:15 PM PST

Deb_S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Deb_S on Oct 31, 10 10:57 AM
what a waste of my time... the game runs in slow motion.. i spent 30 min and never got off the first screen... another 'Not for me game!

[Post New]by KimberlyLuns on Nov 2, 10 3:18 PM
I am also having trouble with Mystery of the Earl starting. Has there been any news on a fix for this?

gameluva2
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by gameluva2 on Nov 6, 10 2:18 PM
Major glitches in this game. Screen too wide for cursor to obtain objects from Inventory. Won't allow me to alter screen size. Cannot exit from game. Tried ctrl.alt.delete which takes game from screen but it stays open in task bar. When I try to uninstall it says "This game is currently running. Please end game." How the heck do I end the xxx***** game without turning off computer? What a dud this one is!!!!

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Nov 21, 10 10:52 AM

I down loaded it and when I pull it up I get a black screen with a weird white bar that goes ZZZzzzzzip! from top to bottom all on it's own, then the page closes. I can't even uninstall the game because the icon is in my task bar and it won't close - the 'close window' button doesn't work. It won't ctrl-alt-del, as soon as I exit the program, the icon loads again, all on its own. The game manager says it can't be uninstalled because it's running. So now I'm figuring out how to get this thing to turn off and quit reinstating itself when I do something to quit the program.

And here I thought I wouldn't have much to do today .....

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Feb 3, 11 6:05 PM
I have an iMac. When I first loaded the game the screen size was all wrong. I changed my screen resolution to 1600 x 900 and everything displayed correctly.
I only tried the "Trial Version" but had no trouble at all running the game.
I had similar problems with "Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air" and the change in screen resolution cured all the problems with that game too.

scooty1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by scooty1 on Oct 10, 11 6:42 AM
I am having the same trouble trying to get the glass on the right side. Any resolution to this?

[Post New]by peeps88 on Oct 10, 11 1:01 PM
awful game....way to slow, can't understand why...I'll pass..

[Post New]by emily787870 on Oct 11, 11 10:39 PM
I got almost all the way to the end of this game and it started glitching and when I tried to reopen it the whole game started over...this is WAY too long of a game to play again and I would not recommend it.

[Post New]by a1lock2 on Dec 29, 11 9:16 PM
supersharon332 wrote:In the bedroom, I can't get the flask out of the inventory because it is on the right side - the cursor is too big and it behaves as if there is nothing there. On the left side of the inventory, the cursor scrolls over and names the item, and you can pick it up. The cursor doesn't recognize items on the right side because it can't scroll over - the cursor is way too big.

[Post New]by a1lock2 on Dec 29, 11 9:18 PM
I agree, the same thing has happened to me. First time was earlier in the game and I started again but now I am almost at the end and can't continue because of this problem.
I am not at all impressed. It should be taken off the menu for sale as it is a waste of money.

[Post New]by candyncatz on Jan 2, 12 12:40 PM
My pc is locking up and won't open without periodic problems. I'd like to buy but not if this is going to continue once it's paid for. With all the talk out there it appears there is no progress in improving game performance. Is that true?

[Post New]by choktaw on Jan 2, 12 4:56 PM
i can't get out of castle . i did the library, observatory and dining room. how do i move on? chocktaw

Go to: