Cant access once the game is installed

[Post New]by melindaj on Oct 23, 10 1:52 AM
I have installed the 1 hour trial but when I click on "play" in the games manager the screen goes black for a brief second then takes me right back to the game manager again. Wont load the game...Anyone out there having the same problem? I have tried reloading it twice but no luck.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Cant access once the game is installed

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 23, 10 2:26 AM
I can't help you there, but if you check out some of the other comments you may decide you have invested enough time and it isn't worth the trouble. It's up to you but several of us had problems and the ones who didn't weren't too impressed. However, it's your call and good luck with your problem!!

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Oct 23, 10 3:19 AM
Did you reboot after installing? Sometimes that helps.

Good luck

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 23, 10 3:32 AM
Try changing your screen resolution. And I mean incrementally. You'd be surprised at the pickiness of certain games. For example, Sinister City wouldn't work at 1024x768 resolution, or at 1680x1050, but it did work at 1152x864. Go figure.

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ivonova on Oct 23, 10 8:38 AM
I started running into that problem when the NEW game manager downloaded itself without asking me if I wanted to update. After multiple emails with a very nice young man, I finally stumbled onto the solution on my own. Shut down any open Internet connections and then try to open the game. In my case, all the games were doing the go to black screen and then back to game manager but the game icon would be in the toolbar. I'd have to shut it down using the task manager. I have no idea what the glitch is, but if I want to play any game, I have to make sure that Firefox, IE, AOL or any other browsers are shut down. Ehh. Not convenient but I can live with it.

Ivonova
Time for an attitude check. Yup, still got mine and it is still bad.

[Post New]by melindaj on Oct 23, 10 11:05 PM
I figured it out...I has to change my resolution setting to alot lower level. (Thanks for the tip Coronagold) I was disappointed playing the game, the music was enough to put you to sleep...not worth 6.99

Edited on 10/23/2010 at 11:06:38 PM PST

Go to: